Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005   #16 (permalink)
reposado
 
Jodeci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,085
Where is yoga when you need him/her??
Jodeci is offline  
Old 07-12-2005   #17 (permalink)
Loftguys
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
wow, i didnt think scientists were all liberal! so i guess science is just plain wrong! or is that only the case till we get someone else in the whitehouse................
 
Old 07-12-2005   #18 (permalink)
aņejo
 
fireinmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 5,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodeci
Where is yoga when you need him/her??
I was thinking the same thing...this would be right up her/his alley!!!
fireinmn is offline  
Old 07-12-2005   #19 (permalink)
very sparkly
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DC
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entilzha
Of course everytime a hurricane turns means that somebody else is going to get screwed.

I agree that the increased activity is most probably the result of cyclical paterns and we are on the upswing. I just finished going through a thesis on climatology and it is amazing how wildly our climate can swing...we even got a small "ice-age" between 1300 and 1800. The effect of global warming will only be identified for certain after a long enough time to eliminate those variations as probable cause. Of course by that time it will be way too late to do anything about it.
yeaaa, thats the problem with global warming, so many people dont believe in it and soon it will be too late. poor mother earth

well enough about this....cant wait to get to mexico and bake in the extra hot sun!!
taco is offline  
Old 07-12-2005   #20 (permalink)
very sparkly
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DC
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftguys
so i guess science is just plain wrong! or is that only the case till we get someone else in the whitehouse................
exactly what i was thinking....
taco is offline  
Old 07-12-2005   #21 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Entilzha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sherbrooke QC
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftguys
wow, i didnt think scientists were all liberal! so i guess science is just plain wrong! or is that only the case till we get someone else in the whitehouse................
WHAT????

Let me put it in plain english. Global warming is already there. You just have to go to the arctic to see it and believe it. The warming trend in the high latitudes is very evident.

For temperate and tropical zones, it will take a lot longer for the effects to be evident (aka palm trees on Pennsylvania Avenue). By that time of course it will be too late. Those climate variations I spoke about are over CENTURIES. Some of the effects of global warming are seen over YEARS or DECADES...way too fast to be entirely natural.

PS: The fact that this started with something out of Fox news should have raised a red flag.
Entilzha is offline  
Old 07-12-2005   #22 (permalink)
very sparkly
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DC
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entilzha
WHAT????

Let me put it in plain english. Global warming is already there. You just have to go to the arctic to see it and believe it. The warming trend in the high latitudes is very evident.

For temperate and tropical zones, it will take a lot longer for the effects to be evident (aka palm trees on Pennsylvania Avenue). By that time of course it will be too late. Those climate variations I spoke about are over CENTURIES. Some of the effects of global warming are seen over YEARS or DECADES...way too fast to be entirely natural.

PS: The fact that this started with something out of Fox news should have raised a red flag.
i agree with FOx news ...but fox news said that this has nothing to do with global warming....anyway i really dont know much about the issue i was just saying how no one believes in global warming and the guy in the white house isnt helping the situation.
taco is offline  
Old 07-12-2005   #23 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Entilzha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sherbrooke QC
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco
i agree with FOx news ...but fox news said that this has nothing to do with global warming....anyway i really dont know much about the issue i was just saying how no one believes in global warming and the guy in the white house isnt helping the situation.
I agreed with your comment. It's the other one that ruffled my feathers.
Entilzha is offline  
Old 07-12-2005   #24 (permalink)
Shredman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Are the mosquitos bad on the beach? My daughters seem to attract them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsmith
As I am sure you know, it's hard to say what the weather will be like in 2 days, or even 2 hours, for that matter. So many factors, but one thing I can tell you is it WILL be hot, humid, and the mosquito's have been busy! Have fun!
 
Old 07-12-2005   #25 (permalink)
Shredman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Didn't global warming start sometime during the ice age?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Entilzha
WHAT????

Let me put it in plain english. Global warming is already there. You just have to go to the arctic to see it and believe it. The warming trend in the high latitudes is very evident.

For temperate and tropical zones, it will take a lot longer for the effects to be evident (aka palm trees on Pennsylvania Avenue). By that time of course it will be too late. Those climate variations I spoke about are over CENTURIES. Some of the effects of global warming are seen over YEARS or DECADES...way too fast to be entirely natural.

PS: The fact that this started with something out of Fox news should have raised a red flag.
 
Old 07-12-2005   #26 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Entilzha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sherbrooke QC
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredman
Are the mosquitos bad on the beach? My daughters seem to attract them.
One of the thing I like the most about where I currently live is that there are usually no mosquitos.

This year, they are here, they are hungry and they are so big they pick you up and carry you away
Entilzha is offline  
Old 07-12-2005   #27 (permalink)
Shredman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
The Mexican national bird?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Entilzha
One of the thing I like the most about where I currently live is that there are usually no mosquitos.

This year, they are here, they are hungry and they are so big they pick you up and carry you away
 
Old 07-12-2005   #28 (permalink)
very sparkly
 
Flyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 31
Quote:
The Mexican national bird?
The Mexican national bird is the Royal Eagle. It has been since colonial days, around 1600.
Flyrod is offline  
Old 07-12-2005   #29 (permalink)
Shredman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I was referring to the mosquito.

But I'm sure you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrod
The Mexican national bird is the Royal Eagle. It has been since colonial days, around 1600.
 
Old 07-12-2005   #30 (permalink)
Playa Junkie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredman
Are the mosquitos bad on the beach? My daughters seem to attract them.
How old is your daughter? My son was like a mosquito magnet - didn't seem to bother us on the beach - just in our room, at dinner, in town, at the show, in the store. Everywhere but the beach. We brought bug spray and weren't afraid to use it! (Stay away from bananas as well - something about potassium attracting them - could be an old wives or new moms tale for all I know!)
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.