Just received this wonderful news!
The Pimentel Family is making dreams a reality! We have been graciously donated one and a half hectares of land where together we will be building... and opening an Ecological Animal Sanctuary powered by renewable energy!
We have been in the planning process for a while now with our architect and have allocated spaces to several areas, including:
· A house for the Pimentel family to live on site
· A medical facility to attend to the animals and hold spay and neuter clinics with an adjoining recovery room and separate quarantine area
· A large outdoor space for the dogs to play and run
· Mayan Palace for cats where they will be able to jump and climb
· An aviary for injured and sick birds
· A reptile refuge area
· A small animal adoption area
· A guest area, consisting of rental Cabaņas for groups of 2-8 people, a common kitchen and social area. This will act as an income provider for the sanctuary and provide convenient accommodation for our visiting volunteers and guests!
Our new land is raw and undeveloped, so the first step requires us to have machinery and gravel to make the access road to the building site. Once this is completed we can move to the second step of building the Pimentel family home! This will require volunteer labour and donations of all of the essential building materials. We are asking all of you to forward this announcement to anyone that may be able to assist us in making this project a success! We need people to help us fundraise, donate supplies, labour and machinery. We are anxious to move forward, as the sooner we are operational, the more animals we can help!
Please join us on Facebook (Help Mexican Dogs and Ricardo Pimentel) where we will have photos posted of our progress, detailed lists of required items, discussions and of course current animals that are in need of homes!
Adopt a Mexican Dog | Adopt a stray dog | Adopt a dog from Cancun
I am so very happy to share this news!!!