View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005   #15 (permalink)
playabum17
naughtiest chica

Send a message via MSN to playabum17 Send a message via Skype™ to playabum17
Thanks for everyone's well wishes. I debated on whether to post this because I didn't want to seem cheesy, but it's the kind of thing you want to shout from the rooftops!
I was so lucky, what I went through was so much less than others do. At the time, of course, it was difficult and devastating. When I look back and when I hear stories of what other's have gone through it seems like it was a piece of cake, in comparison.
I was diagnosed with Uterine cancer at the end of May 1994. The recommendation was a hysterectomy and follow up radiation. I was 24 and had never had children. It was definitely a blow. I was considered 'cured' after surgery as the cancer was contained in my uterus and there had been no spread. The radiation was done mostly as a precautionary. The whole ordeal lasted about 4 or 5 months.
I would never wish what happended to me on anyone and wouldn't want to go through it again, but it made me a stronger person and truly appreciative of what I have and the people in my life. I learned you have to stop and smell the roses, or sit on the beach with a cerveza, cause life's too short and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
So enjoy your life and count your lucky stars that you are here to live it...the alternative sucks.
playabum17 is offline   Reply With Quote