Originally Posted by melliedee
I can't believe it's January. 45 and sunny today.
I went for a walk in the metropark today and saw something that, frankly, warmed my heart. There is a long wooden bridge that cuts through an area with a lot of trees. You can usually spot deer, birds, and all kinds of animals. I saw this old man standing at the edge with his hand cupped out over the side. Sure enough, a little bird stopped, landed on his hand
and grabbed something, then flew off. He was hand feeding them unsalted peanuts! I stopped to talk to him and he said that they all have different personalities; he was whistling and talking to them, about three more landed on his hand in the few minutes I stood there. He pointed up at a tree near us: a wooly woodpecker (he said that the females have red heads and this one did). She was shy and would not come for a peanut. The whole exchange just made my day. Sometimes I walk so fast, I could be missing the good stuff.
What a great story and observation
A true Birdman
Originally Posted by TAPPY
How True !
It is really hard for me to hear when people complain about minor things right now.....I guess it is just my state of mind.
anyway here is my feel good post for the day:
1. If you love someone make sure they know it
2. Don't take things for granted
3. Live your life to the fullest
4. Enjoy the great days and try to be positive during the bad days
5. Spend as much time with your family and friends as you can - life is not meant to be lived alone
6. Always be polite - Chivalry is not dead
7. Speak Up - Tell people when things bother you, tell people when things make you happy
8. Laugh uncontrollably
9. Nothing can't be done - strive for the impossible
10. Nobody is perfect so show your imperfections because that is what makes you an individual
Those that haven't been through at least one life-reflecting moment (i.e. almost losing their world as they know it) do not truly comprehend/understand how precious every day and every friend and loved one really is precious...
I hope you are feeling better today