Thread: CFL at PG's
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013   #40 (permalink)
catnhat
life=playa

I see that Sask. is in a deep freeze right now.. Few events in Regina had to be cancelled.. Still looking good for Sundays game but read that it could be cold in the stands if the wind is up...
We used to sit in sleeping bags... The days when the stands were not full of all green fans....Our green bags were not the right green nor for High School Red and White colors.

High School football was big and when I went to Bedford in the 60's we had one of the best teams...
At that time Happy to say..I Had a very good friend and his friend who got a hold of 2 buffalo coats and wore them to all games and even took them to Regina for Provincials.... Ones the street cops wore.. There was always room for 2 in them so my GF and I had a warm up place... When I had a BF snuggling helped... Sometimes during halftime us gals would play powder puff football... Our put together crazy outfits were really not warm but long johns came in handy...
Great memories... Now I also watch the games in warm places.. Pubs or at relatives ..home or friends ... Today picking up Grey Cup party food and of course wobbly pops...
btw..fellows in pic were not the HS friends.. lol

Forgot to add... I had a friend who on a dare streaked a rider game..( I did not see this ) It must have been Willy Chilly .. Happy he had the fun ..later drafted for NHL came home on break ..took out dirt bike crashed and became a T paraplegic...
carpenter know you will have loads of fun...

Last edited by catnhat; 11-22-2013 at 11:50 AM..
catnhat is offline   Reply With Quote