View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015   #14 (permalink)
sonya_thomas
way into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyluckireland View Post
I just hope that it improves soon we are thinking of going back next year and flights will be on sale in the next few mths but would hate to if the beach was as bad as it was when we were there with the Sargassum and also the rocks in the water
The beach/sargassum conditions in PDC seem to be causing so much angst. Now that we are in a position to travel more, and since Southwest has started flying in to CUN, we had hoped to be like many of the fortunate folks on this forum who have made visiting PDC a regular part of their lives. I know that the sargassum is beyond anyone's control, and is also unpredictable. It seems like it has been a semi regular feature on the coast though for months now. As we watch flights to plan future trips, I am thinking Isla Mujeres will be our next destination unless this stuff clears out. Having a bit to deal with is ok . . . but some of the pictures and reports that are floating around make it look pretty undesirable. While we love lots of things about PDC, undoubtably the beach is the biggest selling feature for us.

All that to say . . . I hope mother nature makes a shift, but if not, and this is the new norm, then we will continue to vacay in QR, but choose a place that seems insulated from the seaweed.
sonya_thomas is offline   Reply With Quote