View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016   #8 (permalink)
beam-eye
aņejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2girlie View Post
I like that you are looking for a way to contribute to the community! I think the most important thing is to understand the need here. First, I am assuming you are fluent in Spanish or have a very strong command of the language? Perhaps speaking with DIF, which is the governmental organization that assists women and children, would be a good place to start. Additionally, perhaps reaching out to other human welfare organizations like KKIS <Keep Kids in School>. Their organization is made up of foreign residents, mostly from the US and Canada, I believe. They may able to get you pointed in the right direction.
In terms of what will stop the robberies? Well, that is a very long and complicated process to curb and eliminate crime and starts with the education system within Mexico. Providing a food pantry (there is at least one in town already that is run by DIF) is a way to immediately assist those in need but it isn't a way to eliminate crime. Education and a strong, healthy economy with opportunities for all social classes is the only way to curb crime, in my humble opinion.
Nice post u2g. Is Russell still associated with KKIS? If not, who? Thanks!
beam-eye is offline   Reply With Quote