View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017   #17 (permalink)
Life=Playa (almost)
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 4,522
In one of.your posts you said you came close to doing FM3 work. There are no FM3s anymore. There are:

Permanent residency
Temporary residency w/o permission to work
Temporary residency with permission to work

If you are going to get permission to work here, you will be given the 3rd option. You will be approved for one year. Before it expires you will need to renew. They will renew anywhere from one year to three years.

If you get your temporary residence with permission to work, if you get fired or quit.your job, you have 90 days to find a new job and do a change of employer with immigration. If you do not, you will have to leave the country.

As far as your dive shop hiring comment. Absolutely they will hire you but don't expect any help with immigration from them.

Anyway, good luck with your search.
u2girlie is offline   Reply With Quote