View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017   #3 (permalink)
Jodeci
reposado

Welcome back! As I expect others will say to you, PDC has changed quite a bit in 8 years but I still enjoy it. This will be 8th trip down when I arrive in March.

Unless you have your heart set on staying in a hotel, I recommend checking out VRBO or AirBnB for a condo rental. My family always stays in town at a condo now and can't imagine staying in a hotel. I like the properties in the north end of town but a lot of people are very fond of Xaman-Ha in the south end.

We have been to Xplor, Xel Ha, Tulum ruins, Coba ruins, and Xcaret. Any recommendations I would have would depend on whether your companions have been to Mexico before and what their interests are. If they haven't been to the Mayan Riviera before then a morning at the Tulum ruins and then hanging out at Ziggys in Tulum might be a good idea. You can take the ADO bus directly to the ruins and then a taxi to Ziggy's. To get home you could either take a taxi to PDC or get a taxi to the bus station in Tulum and take the ADO bus back. We did that one year and it was super easy and this was with two children.

Have a great trip!
Jodeci is offline   Reply With Quote