View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017   #71 (permalink)
crmoores
beachaholic

>> For many, it's already happened, years ago.
Many have moved on, and you should know that. You do, right?
Folks like yourselves are hanging in there.
Good on ya.
Others, move on. Some of us still grocery shop there though
__________________ <<

>> Mine was a simple response to a rather inaccurate statement. That's all. No need to defend Playa since as you said, there's more than enough people to replace those that have moved on.
I must admit to being amused by those that rush to the defense of this city. Is it really that important what others think about it?
__________________ <<

>> Vacation according to Webster:
: a period spent away from home or business in travel or recreation had a restful vacation at the beach
a : a scheduled period during which activity (as of a court or school) is suspended
b : a period of exemption from work granted to an employee
: a respite or a time of respite from something : intermission
: an act or an instance of vacating
============
Now do you know why I vacation?
Suggesting someone can only be happy in one place is absurd, as is speculating where a complete stranger would find happiness. Again, review the meaning of vacation.
As far as why I keep posting on Playainfo - why not? I do visit to grocery shop, and have asked questions such as where to get a quick lunch. There is turnover in restaurants, as with any city. <<

>> Al, you seem to be struggling. Let me try to help you.
Do you not understand the concept of vacation?
"a period spent away from home or business in travel or recreation" seems rather clear to me. As does "a scheduled period during which activity (as of a court or school) is suspended"
Do you believe that people who vacation don't like their jobs? Honestly? What if that person is retired?
As far as struggling with why I post to this forum: "Why not" doesn't satisfy you? How about the fact that my posts help to temper the cliques on this site?
City?? Playa, for one. I already said, I do not vacation nor live in a city. Got it this time?
I choose not to reveal to the internet world where I vacation. Simple as that. Honestly, it is simple. <<

>> Ah yes, the defensiveness again raises it's ugly, angry head.
So, if someone's opinion differs from your own on Playa, this is your reaction? In other words, everything will be just fine for you on this forum, as long as you love Playa? <<

>> Brilliant.
First, lose the "dude". It screams ass hat, on your end.
Next, if you can't handle reading any criticisms of Playa, don't read them. Move on. No one is holding a gun to your head.
You are correct in that I don't live in Playa. I do, however, visit, thus I am a tourist to Playa.
Stick with me now.... I thus have as much purpose posting and commenting on Playa as you. Perhaps more. How many years have you been frequenting this town, son?
When you don't know anything about me, it only makes you a fool to suggest I don't know what I'm talking about.
Tip: learn to accept criticism. Especially when it isn't even directed at you. When you take things this personal, it speaks volumes of your character. <<

>> Yup, showing his true colors once again. Someone tell this guy to start acting his age, not his IQ.
This is the response a person gets here for having the audacity to refer to Playa as a "city", and some folks have moved on. That's about the only thing I can find in my posts that someone could take as a put down on PDC.
How dare I refer to PDC as a city! Worse, writing that I do not vacation in cities. SHAME on me!!!

No, I won't miss the Tequila Barrel. Went there once, and had a drink & left. Glad others enjoyed it so much. <<

Another collection of rhetoric and cynical replies that is typical, the last sentence would have sufficed
crmoores is offline   Reply With Quote