View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017   #36 (permalink)
Mnbruce
añejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
You've gone to PV a couple times in recent years-right? Because this happened last summer there...right in the tourist area, at a popular restaurant:

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3721814

Not trying to say Puerto Vallarta is safer or less safe than this area -I would say all tourist areas in Mexico today struggle with the same issues, that ebb and wane depending on turf disputes. But the common thread is that tourists have not been targeted.

There have been similar random incidents as Shams described here in my city more recently too-that to me is way scarier as you never know when some crazed meth head is going to try to stab you.
My advice would be the same to someone concerned about travel to Jalisco or Nayarit. Those two states have experienced more violence than the Gulf side.

I think back to my 2016 trip to Nayarit when we drove into the mountains and witnessed the masked members of a heavily armed convoy of soldiers on the hunt for the Nueva Generación cartel. They had murdered 15 police officers months earlier. If I were to relay that experience to someone concerned about Mexico , they likely would run the other way. We were never in any danger at all, but the visuals were something to remember.

Last edited by Mnbruce; 08-25-2017 at 07:55 AM..
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote