Thread: Shakedown???
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017   #49 (permalink)
canadiense loco
aņejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZGonzo View Post
The thing that pissed me off the most was that it happened with my two sons in the car. Although they are 26 & 27 it was their first trip to see the new casa. Not the best last impression of Mexico...

(I know...if my wife had her seatbelt on, it wouldn't have happened. But, big difference between Dad getting a ticket and Dad paying off a Policia.)

We only rented cars this past year to make it easier to get around since we were furnishing the place from scratch. Now that it's all finished we will likely go back to airport shuttles and taxis. All in all, its much more economical.

That is...until I buy my VW Safari/Thing/Aculpulco!
I use shuttles or my one particular taxi driver for airport just to avoid the possible "tourist on their way to the airport" pullover. Plus I just don't like having to deal with the rental agency before I fly out. One less possible hassle. But I still enjoy having a car at least part of the time. Sometimes I just wanna get in and go. Buses and collectivos just can't get you to some places or at least easily. Mostly I am not one for schedules.....or buses.
BTW.....have not had the shakedown, at least yet.

Last edited by canadiense loco; 09-14-2017 at 08:44 AM..
canadiense loco is offline   Reply With Quote