Thread: Shakedown???
View Single Post
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #61 (permalink)
Rissask
Canada Dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogno View Post
OFF TOPIC perhaps -

A couple years ago. We've moved on from Akumal, but stop in to visit friends there. One dear friend there is teaching me to speak Mayan.

We're familiar with all of the restaurants there, in puebla, and never even venture to turtle town, orange vest, resort-vill in south Akumal. Our typical day takes in much more than restaurants. We're the odd folk that enjoy exploring by day, and cooking at night while on vacation and residing in our condo. Foods that we can't find here at home. No schedules, no timelines. Just a cold Margarita, (the best on the planet made by your's truly), and evenings on our private beach. Glorious. The best part - we keep discovering. Our means to do so is our wheels. Hence, my following this.

cooking on vacation the horror!

Everyone has different styles, for sure.

Sometimes I like a condo stay, sometimes a smallish boutique B&B or hotel, and sometimes even an All Inclusive- although any longer than a few nights is more than enough for me at an AI. We stayed at Secrets Akumal 4 nights this March and it was pretty nice, all right. Especially the evening dips in the heated swim up pool. Sigh. (And yes, that place sure has gotten overcrowded and over-developed. )

But in general, condo stays are my favourite- I like to have all that room, and more privacy.

But no cooking for me.
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote