View Single Post
Old 1 Week Ago   #2 (permalink)
Sassygirl18
beachaholic

Day 1 (continued)

Day 1 (continued)

We have never stayed in Akumal before, although we visited once on a day trip. It's always exciting to try a new place, although it can be a little unnerving too. We are used to going to Playa which became like a second home to us and it was always comforting to return and already know our way around. But alas, on our last visit to Playa, we decided the overdevelopment had finally become too much for us and it was time to find our next home away from home.

I found a beautiful condo on VRBO in a complex called La Sirena. This complex is on Half Moon Bay, all the way on the north end, near Yal-Ku lagoon.

The particular unit we are renting is ground level and beachfront and has tons of windows and spectacular views. It's a 2 bedroom condo with 2 bathrooms and is really pretty and well-stocked. The complex is pretty too and has a large, gorgeous pool in the center. We LOVE this condo. And get this....comfortable beds! I think they have memory foam toppers on them. They are divine...the first comfortable beds we ever slept in in Mexico (memory foam pillows too.....heaven!)

On the downside (nothing is perfect in life)...the pool is unheated and freezing cold. I am not one who is wimpy about chilly pools but this is even too cold for me. So basically, the pool is unusable for us. My only other complaint is there is no washer and dryer on site so if we want to do any laundry, we have to go to a laundromat.

The entry to the bay here is very rocky for quite a way out into the water.

Okay, that's enough complaining for one day.

Once at the condo, we were both super tired so we relaxed for awhile.

For dinner, we walked down the road to La Buena Vida. The atmosphere was super cool. We LOVE the palapa roof, tiki torch kind of places, especially when they are waterfront. We shared an order of guacamole and we both ordered the fish tacos. The food was okay but definitely far from the best guac or fish tacos we've ever had...a little dry and bland, honestly. However, the tres leche cake was the bomb and the best we have ever had and the fantastic atmosphere made up for the somewhat lackluster food.

There was a super good Mariachi band playing (4 piece) and one of the members was female, which we have never seen before. They played a few songs for everyone and then came over to ask if we would like them to play for us and we said yes. They played Besame Mucho and it was lovely. So awesome to be in such a beautiful environment with a soft breeze blowing, the thump of the bass guitar resonating through us and the joy of being with my best friend in the world, who also happens to be my hubby.

Last edited by Sassygirl18; 1 Week Ago at 07:11 AM..
Sassygirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote