View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017   #12 (permalink)
Sassygirl18
beachaholic

Day 5 - Akumal

Today was a pretty uneventful day as the weather sucked all day. No joke...It was either raining, or storming or just dreary ALL DAY. The sun came out for a total of 10 seconds. At one point when it stopped raining, I went into the water, but it just wasn't much fun in the dreary weather. I think I lasted about 5 minutes.

The morning power outage lasted about a half hour, thankfully.

We did a lot of nothing all day. Just hung around the condo and watched the rain.

By dinner time the rain let up, although it still looked like it would pour any minute. We drove down to the town and parked in the pay lot and had dinner at Cueva del Pescator. We both got the fish filet (grouper) in butter and garlic and it was so moist and delicious. There wasn't much to this meal, just the fish and some slaw to go with it. Maybe a little too simple for my foodie tastes, but the fish was very tasty.

They did serve a nice big bowl of tortillas and really good salsa with the dinner. Service was friendly and prices were cheap!

After that, we walked over to Taverna for dessert so we could get that divine chocolate mousse. OMG....There are no words to describe this other than heaven in a bowl!!! Hubby had drinks. The people that work at Taverna are sooo sweet and friendly and the place just had a nice vibe.

That's it for today. Not a lot to write about. Tomorrow we're off to Isla Mujeres so stay tuned!
Sassygirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote