Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006   #61 (permalink)
life=playa
 
streckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by travmagic
Was wondering the same thing myself!! Glad you said it.
Yup, that's me. I was younger though....41 years old. Thanks for the compliments.
streckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #62 (permalink)
life=playa
 
streckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMHARN
Streckman,

Seriously, what is the optimum or most efficient excercise to get rid of one's belly? I actually do sit ups, but I got more back ache than the packs. And the lower abs still got that love handle that just won't go away.
I am not an avid gym goers....
From my experience to get rid of the belly it's a combination of diet and cardio, expending more calories than what you take in each day. Crunches and other ab exercises will help to build some tone and muscle, but unless you strip away the layer of fat over top of it you won't see the fruits of your exercise efforts. There is no magic pill and we all know that, but start with your diet, get serious about it, and continue your exercising. If your system can handle it, look into some of the new thermogenics out there to help kick start your metabolism. That's my .02 cents worth and I'm in no way an expert, I just know what works from me by experimenting over the years!!

Keep it up and best of luck, I'm confident you'll get there!!
streckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #63 (permalink)
aņejo
 
TAPPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 22,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by streckman
From my experience to get rid of the belly it's a combination of diet and cardio, expending more calories than what you take in each day. Crunches and other ab exercises will help to build some tone and muscle, but unless you strip away the layer of fat over top of it you won't see the fruits of your exercise efforts. There is no magic pill and we all know that, but start with your diet, get serious about it, and continue your exercising. If your system can handle it, look into some of the new thermogenics out there to help kick start your metabolism. That's my .02 cents worth and I'm in no way an expert, I just know what works from me by experimenting over the years!!

Keep it up and best of luck, I'm confident you'll get there!!
What are some of the good new ones ?

I have used EAS products before (and old BFL fan here) and I like them, but they are kinda pricey !!!! So I like to know ahead if they are any good before I buy them.
TAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #64 (permalink)
life=playa
 
streckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPPY
What are some of the good new ones ?

I have used EAS products before (and old BFL fan here) and I like them, but they are kinda pricey !!!! So I like to know ahead if they are any good before I buy them.
Hey, another BFL'er. I was as well, actually got certified as a BFL Trainer back in they first year they ran the contest. I only live an 1/2 hour drive away from their Corporate Offices and I go to their warehouse sales and the prices are dirt cheap!! I'm talking $5 or $10 for what you'd pay $50 or higher for at retail.

I'm a big fan of green tea capsules right now, I don't get the jitters like I used to with the old ephedrine stuff. Stll sucks theat the FDA took it away, without any real science issue behind it. That's another topic though.
streckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #65 (permalink)
reposado
 
kalisun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: pdc
Posts: 1,029
Send a message via AIM to kalisun
im 38 and run (treadmill) 3 or 4 times a week during daylight savings and rollerblade about 19 miles saturday and sunday. im at i'm just under 5'5" and at 117 after having lost 17 lbs last year. ai yai yai - it dont come for free no more. i have to work at it now, took 7 months! during the winter i run more since its too dark to skate by the time i get off work. i try to skate during the week when i can weather permitting. totally a natural high.
kalisun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #66 (permalink)
into ruins
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: St. Louis Mo.
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPPY
What are some of the good new ones ?

I have used EAS products before (and old BFL fan here) and I like them, but they are kinda pricey !!!! So I like to know ahead if they are any good before I buy them.
One of the better ones that dont give you the gitters and that i use are Basic Cuts, these are made by Designer Supplements. It is mostly PEA and caffiene with s small amount of cayenne pepper.This will give you no gitters at all.
My favorite Stim is Made by VPX and its call Redline. Youe can get these in RTD's(Ready To Drinks) or in Caps. These are very good and as long as you dont over do the reccomended doses they wont give you many gitters.
I get most of my supp's online usally at bodybuilding.com or 1fast400.com. Both have good customer services and ship very fast.
kaliman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #67 (permalink)
into ruins
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: St. Louis Mo.
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by streckman
Hey, another BFL'er. I was as well, actually got certified as a BFL Trainer back in they first year they ran the contest. I only live an 1/2 hour drive away from their Corporate Offices and I go to their warehouse sales and the prices are dirt cheap!! I'm talking $5 or $10 for what you'd pay $50 or higher for at retail.

I'm a big fan of green tea capsules right now, I don't get the jitters like I used to with the old ephedrine stuff. Stll sucks theat the FDA took it away, without any real science issue behind it. That's another topic though.
Actually you can buy ephedrine(HCL).It is now legal but many places dont carry it due to the insurance it cost them to manufacture it.
If you go to the 1fast400.com right on the front page they have it listed for 5 bucks.
kaliman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #68 (permalink)
into ruins
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: St. Louis Mo.
Posts: 70
After being over weight most of my adult life i began weight training a few years ago and just recently started to learn about nutrition and took a few classes etc.

I will tell you your diet is gonna determine your results. The best thing to do is cut out all your "white" breads and pasta's rice.And replace them with brown rice whole wheat bread's and pasta's.Get away from them prepackaged meals or anything that comes in a box etc. Stick to whole foods.If you want a sandwich make it with real meat not lunch meat . Stay away from proccessed foods as much as possible.

SOrry of i sound like the diet police i just get excited talking about nutrition and exercise its my life!
If anyone needs any help with there diets i am more then willing to help. I have helped many put togther a good diet all without feeling like you are going without.
kaliman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #69 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Lulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South of Houston, TX
Posts: 2,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPPY
What are some of the good new ones ?

I have used EAS products before (and old BFL fan here) and I like them, but they are kinda pricey !!!! So I like to know ahead if they are any good before I buy them.
Hey Tappy... I just started taking Lipo 6 from Nutrex... I talked to the guy at the vitamin shop and he said these were one of his biggest sellers... After two weeks, I really like these - no jitters, appetite suppressant, thermogenic. They're liqui-caps, so the effects are quick. I get the munchies at work a lot, and if I forget to take a couple of these bad boys, I graze all day. If I take two when I get my mid-morning snack attack, I have to set a reminder for me to eat lunch, otherwise I forget about it and it's time for dinner. This plus 4 days cardio, 2 days with my trainer, and watching what I eat should get me ready for summer... just gotta watch this drinking thing, dammit.
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #70 (permalink)
aņejo
 
TAPPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 22,082
Would a can of Red Bull (sugar free) work as good as a supplement ?

What about presrciption diet pills ? They are so easy to get now you can order them off of the internet and there is always some doctor in town that will give them to you...are they as good as a supplement ???? Just for a kick-start ...........for like the first two months ????

I wish I could get back into my BFL work outs....I have got to find that motivation again.

Last edited by TAPPY; 04-20-2006 at 07:40 PM..
TAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #71 (permalink)
aņejo
 
TAPPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 22,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu
Hey Tappy... I just started taking Lipo 6 from Nutrex... I talked to the guy at the vitamin shop and he said these were one of his biggest sellers... After two weeks, I really like these - no jitters, appetite suppressant, thermogenic. They're liqui-caps, so the effects are quick. I get the munchies at work a lot, and if I forget to take a couple of these bad boys, I graze all day. If I take two when I get my mid-morning snack attack, I have to set a reminder for me to eat lunch, otherwise I forget about it and it's time for dinner. This plus 4 days cardio, 2 days with my trainer, and watching what I eat should get me ready for summer... just gotta watch this drinking thing, dammit.

I am going to check those out this weekend.....my co-worker has a packet of powder something he pours into his water....I have got to find out the name of it...but kinda does the same thing...

Drinking does me in to !!!
TAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #72 (permalink)
into ruins
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: St. Louis Mo.
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPPY
Would a can of Red Bull (sugar free) work as good as a supplement ?

What about presrciption diet pills ? They are so easy to get now you can order them off of the internet and there is always some doctor in town that will give them to you...are they as good as a supplement ???? Just for a kick-start for say like the first two months ????

I wish I could get back into my BFL work outs....I have got to find that motivation again.
Sure those could work although it is 15 bucks for 30-45 days supply of Basic Cuts or 5 bucks for epedra type products as apposed to what 3-4 bucks a can for redbull?
Onething i would also say is those so called "fatburners" really dont burn much fat. They are more for the stim properties to get you moving before working out. But most are great for appetite suppressent.

Last edited by kaliman91; 04-20-2006 at 07:47 PM..
kaliman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #73 (permalink)
aņejo
 
fireinmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 5,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapchick
That's it, you've been running all your life and probably do have the high but you don't know the difference!! You're just always high!
I still don't want to go run outside though, which irritates Perry. He's always been a runner and has always tried to get me to run with him, we're obviously not on the same level to run together...but he does like my new butt!!
Perhaps you're right...wish I knew it - I'd like to feel the high if I'm actually getting the high

I don't mind when I'm alone, but I don't really like running with others...either I'm too slow or they're too slow. I don't mind the treadmill - at least that way I can pace myself - all those years as a sprinter makes me run too fast outside. My husband hates running inside too.
fireinmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #74 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Scaramouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Fayetteville, NY
Posts: 330
Send a message via Yahoo to Scaramouche
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisun
im 38 and run (treadmill) 3 or 4 times a week during daylight savings and rollerblade about 19 miles saturday and sunday. im at i'm just under 5'5" and at 117 after having lost 17 lbs last year. ai yai yai - it dont come for free no more. i have to work at it now, took 7 months! during the winter i run more since its too dark to skate by the time i get off work. i try to skate during the week when i can weather permitting. totally a natural high.

I love to rollerblade too, though our season is much shorter! I also work with a personal trainer once a week, work without one several times a week, ice hockey twice a week, and golf whenever I can!

Body fat--17.8%.
Scaramouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #75 (permalink)
reposado
 
kalisun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: pdc
Posts: 1,029
Send a message via AIM to kalisun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramouche
I love to rollerblade too, though our season is much shorter! I also work with a personal trainer once a week, work without one several times a week, ice hockey twice a week, and golf whenever I can!

Body fat--17.8%.
i'm not sure what my BF% is but i'm pretty lean, thats good enuf for me. my jeans tell me the truth! if i cant fit into my 25's then i need to do something, and fast!
kalisun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.