Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > Introductions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2006   #1 (permalink)
very sparkly
 
dark10304's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 30
Send a message via MSN to dark10304 Send a message via Yahoo to dark10304
Just Another Texan

Hello all! Just wanted to introduce ourselves. My wife Trish and I are from Austin and will be in Playa 6-28 staying @ Luna Blue. First time in Mexico... well outside of the border towns and all. Really looking forward to getting to know some of you and maybe one day in the future a peep meet.

I have browsed through quite a few threads in the past few weeks and man is this forum an invaluable resource! Thanks to the site owners, operators, and mods for making this such a pleasant place to visit.

.
dark10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #2 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Nerak936's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Shore of Baahhstun, Massachusetts
Posts: 23,349
Send a message via MSN to Nerak936
Welcome, dark!! You chose a great place to stay for your first visit!! Tony and Cheri are dolls!

I think there might be a peep meet taking place while you're there. Look around the threads in General and Off-Topic. Shouldn't pass up the chance to toss a few back with some fellow peeps!!

Have fun!
Nerak936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #3 (permalink)
TEX
aņejo
 
TEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rockwall,Texas
Posts: 4,995
also, check in HERE and do your state proud, dark..... welcome to the board.
TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #4 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Westernstargal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Martin's Mill, Texas
Posts: 606
Send a message via Yahoo to Westernstargal
Hello Dark! Fellow Texan here! (seems to be alot of us you know!)
I see you will be in PDC in 31/2 weeks.....we will miss you by a week......
This is a great place to get to know peeps, things to do, facts, etc. This forum has been my "best friend" since my children and I decided back in December to come to PDC for our family vacation!!!!!
Take lots of pics....and post them!
BTW..........check out the Texas Toobin Regatta V forum......hope to see you there!
Westernstargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #5 (permalink)
aņejo
 
monte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: dallas
Posts: 12,804
Welcome to the forum. Definately go to the thread Tex pulled up for ya. We need those votes. Have a great vacation. And yes, try and make it to the regatta if ya wanna meet some peeps. Its a great weekend and lots of peeps from all over will be attending
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #6 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Kellyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 6,437
just....JUST another Texan?!:p Welcome! Looks like everyone else has directed you to the pertinent threads so......

Hope you find you love Playa and Luna Blue as much as the rest of us. Tony and Cheri are like family....whether they like it or not Have a great time and give a full report when you get back.
Kellyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #7 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: texas- houston area
Posts: 7
Send a message via AIM to Kimmer
Another fellow Texan

Hi there from Houston area. I will be Playa on the 4th (Playacar Palace). This will be my first visit also. I have been watching the weather looks rainy for next week. I hope it doesnt ruin my trip. Im still excited. Sunday cant get here fast enough.:p
Kimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #8 (permalink)
TEX
aņejo
 
TEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rockwall,Texas
Posts: 4,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmer
Hi there from Houston area. I will be Playa on the 4th (Playacar Palace). This will be my first visit also. I have been watching the weather looks rainy for next week. I hope it doesnt ruin my trip. Im still excited. Sunday cant get here fast enough.:p

another one..... hey kimmer
also, check in HERE and do your state proud, ..... welcome to the board.
TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #9 (permalink)
Forum Goddess
 
denisea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the road to ruins...
Posts: 7,207
Send a message via Skype™ to denisea
Not another one!

We need another Texan around these parts... like we need another Minnesotan.

JK... welcome to Playa.Info!
denisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #10 (permalink)
way into it
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: san antonio, texas
Posts: 196
Hello from San Antonio, Texas. Our first trip was to Cancun Nov 2000. Heard so much about Playa del Carmen, went Nov 2004 loved it.Was to go this last Oct 29 till hurricane Wilma hit.Changed to San Jose del Cabo, Mexico.Just got back from Playa,went April 29 to May 6, LOVED IT!!!(talked my husband into going before hurricane season this year,) will hopefully make it down this November again depending what the hurricanes do.Once you are there, you DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE.People that live there are so lucky.The weather has been GREAT for all our our trips.
skilohmyhusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #11 (permalink)
aņejo
 
louden48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
Posts: 1,900
Send a message via Yahoo to louden48 Send a message via Skype™ to louden48
Welcome to all the Newbies! It's nice to see so many Texans on here. Like Monte said, don't forget to "Plant Your Butt" at the link Tex provided. We, too are from San Antonio.
Christy
louden48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #12 (permalink)
aņejo
 
sunnygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: southern US
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernstargal
Hello Dark! Fellow Texan here! (seems to be alot of us you know!)
I see you will be in PDC in 31/2 weeks.....we will miss you by a week......
This is a great place to get to know peeps, things to do, facts, etc. This forum has been my "best friend" since my children and I decided back in December to come to PDC for our family vacation!!!!!
Take lots of pics....and post them!
BTW..........check out the Texas Toobin Regatta V forum......hope to see you there!
Only cuz your state is so huge!!!
Welcome dark. We do have a good time on here.
sunnygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #13 (permalink)
naughtiest chica
 
playabum17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Kansas, land of Ahs
Posts: 16,487
Send a message via MSN to playabum17 Send a message via Skype™ to playabum17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX
another one..... hey kimmer
also, check in HERE and do your state proud, ..... welcome to the board.
You're just mad because you're state is still behind! :p
playabum17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #14 (permalink)
TEX
aņejo
 
TEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rockwall,Texas
Posts: 4,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by playabum17
You're just mad because you're state is still behind! :p

and you're just mad cuz you live in Minnesota.....:p
TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #15 (permalink)
he likes it!
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,581
Send a message via Skype™ to Mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark10304
Hello all! Just wanted to introduce ourselves. My wife Trish and I are from Austin and will be in Playa 6-28 staying @ Luna Blue. First time in Mexico... well outside of the border towns and all. Really looking forward to getting to know some of you and maybe one day in the future a peep meet.

I have browsed through quite a few threads in the past few weeks and man is this forum an invaluable resource! Thanks to the site owners, operators, and mods for making this such a pleasant place to visit.

.
Yeeehaw!!! Welcome to the board....I think its time we had a Dallas and surrounding area Peepmeet.......
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.