Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > Introductions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2006   #1 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Grizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Memphis
Posts: 6
Hola from ElvisLand

Hi ya'll ... first post .. but have snuck many a peek at advice for our trip to "Paradise"!
Got back from a wonderful trip to Playa on the 26th of May ... been playing catch up at work ... finally a little time to say thanks for LOTS of tips and advice. We stayed at Grand Coco Bay. My better half and I are Mid 50's and had a real tough time leaving Paradise!
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #2 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Nerak936's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Shore of Baahhstun, Massachusetts
Posts: 23,349
Send a message via MSN to Nerak936
Welcome, Grizz!!!

Glad you had a good time in Playa!!

What did you think about the resort?? We're staying there for the first time at the end of July. Any hints or suggestions you'd care to offer??
Nerak936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #3 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Kellyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 6,437
ELVIS! well you got my attention
Welcome back and glad you had a great time.
Kellyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #4 (permalink)
Non-aggressive Dutch dude
 
TeeZet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 8,170
Send a message via Skype™ to TeeZet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerak936
Welcome, Grizz!!!

Glad you had a good time in Playa!!

What did you think about the resort?? We're staying there for the first time at the end of July. Any hints or suggestions you'd care to offer??
You HATE surprises, don't you? :p





(Actually, I'm only being jealous here... )


Hi Grizz! Thanks for joining!
Got a report and some pics coming up?

TeeZet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #5 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Nerak936's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Shore of Baahhstun, Massachusetts
Posts: 23,349
Send a message via MSN to Nerak936
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeZet
You HATE surprises, don't you? :p





(Actually, I'm only being jealous here... )


Hi Grizz! Thanks for joining!
Got a report and some pics coming up?

No.... actually, surprises can be a good thing!!

No pressure from you, eh, TeeZet?? Grizz's first post and you're asking for a freakin' TRIP REPORT!!

TeeZet: "Hi!! Welcome, Grizz! OK... now that that's over with, we want ALL the dirty details of your recent trip to Playa!!!"
Nerak936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #6 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Grizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Memphis
Posts: 6
No real Surprises!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerak936
Welcome, Grizz!!!

Glad you had a good time in Playa!!

What did you think about the resort?? We're staying there for the first time at the end of July. Any hints or suggestions you'd care to offer??
I'm sure you've read as many reviews as I have on GCB .. so there really were no great surprises ...

I will say that my worst (or better??) half and I are both 'holics of some sort or another. She's a dietcokeaholic and I'm a coffeeholic in the early mornings.
There's no coffemaker in the room and the fridge is stocked with four sodas ... one diet coke and 3 orange drinks ... so our FIRST trip into Playa was to Mega to stock up on caffiene! Next time I'll bring a coffeemaker ....nothing worse fro me than waking up at 5:30AM and having to wait an hour for my first cup of coffee!
More to come on My trip Report ... seems like I'm getting pressured .... maybe enough pressure to take another vacation sooner!!
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #7 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Grizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Memphis
Posts: 6
Thanks for the welcome TeeZet ...

Trip report and Pics coming soon ...

We tried our best to rid Playa of that devastating "water" they call Tequilla and Corona .... I don't think we succeeded ... but we're still paying for it!
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #8 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Nerak936's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Shore of Baahhstun, Massachusetts
Posts: 23,349
Send a message via MSN to Nerak936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz
....nothing worse fro me than waking up at 5:30AM and having to wait an hour for my first cup of coffee!
VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION: Where does David go to fetch my morning coffeeeeeeeeee?????????? I don't get beautiful and fun-to-be-around until I've had my morning coffeeeeeeeeeee.

Our joke since our first trip together is that he's my "Cabin Boy", a title he earned from fetching morning coffee at our first AI on Cozumel in 2000, so knowing this information will definitely be appreciated, Grizz!!
Nerak936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #9 (permalink)
Non-aggressive Dutch dude
 
TeeZet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 8,170
Send a message via Skype™ to TeeZet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz
Thanks for the welcome TeeZet ...

Trip report and Pics coming soon ...

We tried our best to rid Playa of that devastating "water" they call Tequilla and Corona .... I don't think we succeeded ... but we're still paying for it!


Fortunately you didn't drown in that watery stuff, and that you still live to tell to tell about it here...
TeeZet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #10 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Jan&Chas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,790
Send a message via AIM to Jan&Chas Send a message via Yahoo to Jan&Chas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz
I'm sure you've read as many reviews as I have on GCB .. so there really were no great surprises ...

I will say that my worst (or better??) half and I are both 'holics of some sort or another. She's a dietcokeaholic and I'm a coffeeholic in the early mornings.
There's no coffemaker in the room and the fridge is stocked with four sodas ... one diet coke and 3 orange drinks ... so our FIRST trip into Playa was to Mega to stock up on caffiene! Next time I'll bring a coffeemaker ....nothing worse fro me than waking up at 5:30AM and having to wait an hour for my first cup of coffee!
More to come on My trip Report ... seems like I'm getting pressured .... maybe enough pressure to take another vacation sooner!!
We stayed there too. I brought my own coffee pot and coffee, just a smaller perculator. Works perfect and doesn't take up much room in your suitcase.
Jan&Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.