Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > Introductions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006   #1 (permalink)
aņejo
 
itsmysecondtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West of the Boston Tea Party
Posts: 4,047
Tudo bem galera?

Hola galera,

We've been hovering around the forum for some time now. Had to take the plunge and bother the fine folks here with some basic, boring, but important questions.
We're a family of three, including a 3yo toddler.:p Living in Western Massachusetts. We were down in the PDC, Akumal regions during the pre-toddler era and had a blast. Now that he's grown a bit we feel we can start to introduce him/us to the wonders of the Riviera Maya.

This forum rocks with great tips.
We'll be in the PDC area in late June early July, can't wait.
itsmysecondtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006   #2 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Thor Henning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Drammen, Norway
Posts: 4,209
Welcome to the Forum! Here is a great place to be.
Thor Henning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006   #3 (permalink)
aņejo
 
traci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 2,428
Welcome to the forum! We, too, are going in June and ALL(4)of the kids are coming with. My parents are, too, so that'll be a huge help. We were actually just bringing the boys and my rents decided to come and bring the girls along. Hope you have a great trip!
traci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006   #4 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Nerak936's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Shore of Baahhstun, Massachusetts
Posts: 23,349
Send a message via MSN to Nerak936
Welcome, fellow Massachusettsonian!! (or is it Massachusetts-ite??) Didn't want to offend and call you a fellow Masshole...... If it weren't for the fact that you're gonna be in Playa, I'd encourage you to join us at the Boston Peep Meet on July 1st. But I guess being in Playa is a pretty good excuse for missing it.

Feel free to ask any questions you want. And I promise that at least I won't make fun of your accent.


(I'm in South Weymouth.... where are you??)
Nerak936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006   #5 (permalink)
aņejo
 
itsmysecondtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West of the Boston Tea Party
Posts: 4,047
Great place indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Henning
Welcome to the Forum! Here is a great place to be.

Indeed. That's why I decided to join the fun. Looks like there's a great crowd here. Makes the process of waiting for THE day more tolerable.
itsmysecondtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006   #6 (permalink)
aņejo
 
itsmysecondtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West of the Boston Tea Party
Posts: 4,047
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsmith
Welcome to the forum! We, too, are going in June and ALL(4)of the kids are coming with. My parents are, too, so that'll be a huge help. We were actually just bringing the boys and my rents decided to come and bring the girls along. Hope you have a great trip!


Thanks. Looks like you're all set with parents coming along, huge help indeed.
Hope you have a great trip as well.
Loved your pics. That's one of the aspects of this forum that really entice me/us. I was literally drooling at the sight of the ocean and the beach, etc...
itsmysecondtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006   #7 (permalink)
aņejo
 
itsmysecondtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West of the Boston Tea Party
Posts: 4,047
Thanks Weymouthfullian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerak936
Welcome, fellow Massachusettsonian!! (or is it Massachusetts-ite??) Didn't want to offend and call you a fellow Masshole...... If it weren't for the fact that you're gonna be in Playa, I'd encourage you to join us at the Boston Peep Meet on July 1st. But I guess being in Playa is a pretty good excuse for missing it.

Feel free to ask any questions you want. And I promise that at least I won't make fun of your accent.


(I'm in South Weymouth.... where are you??)

We're in Ludlow, just a couple miles northeast of Springfield. Came up a few years ago to finish some studies. Wife is originally from PA but grew up in Lowell, MA. I'm from the good ol islands of Azores, Portugal. Grew up back in the islands, but moved on. Lived in Brasil/Brazil, hence the 'galera' thing. Finally came up and lived in Virginia for some time.

Accent, what accent? My accent hasn't been mashed enough yet to be confused for a MA (Masshole) native, still all too eclectic.

Only a few weeks left before Playa. Couldn't find a better excuse not to make it to the Peep Meet. Take care.
itsmysecondtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.