Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > Introductions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007   #16 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Blondie1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Playa!
Posts: 279
Welcome to the forum!

May will be a great time to be in PDC... The countdown is no fun... but at least you can browse and post on here until you get to go!

Blondie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #17 (permalink)
toe in water
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Juneau,WI
Posts: 48
We will be in Playa in Feb over peepfest
Shirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #18 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Brent & Kim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rockton Illinois
Posts: 10,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by docloch
Welcome to another Badger! We'll be in PDC (again) April 5-9. Hope to see some peeps! Hey norml - maybe a "cheeseheads invitational" peep meet at one of the local establishments? We would welcome everyone who has ever eaten cheese....
Lets have a midwest peep meet maybe at the Nitty Gritty or how about the Dells?
Brent & Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #19 (permalink)
aņejo
 
lolabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: One foot in WI, the other in PDC
Posts: 6,268
Send a message via Yahoo to lolabella Send a message via Skype™ to lolabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent & Kim
Lets have a midwest peep meet maybe at the Nitty Gritty or how about the Dells?
ahh....the Nitty Gritty!! I believe I can dig out my birthday mug for an occassion like this!!
lolabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #20 (permalink)
toe in water
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Juneau,WI
Posts: 48
Not sure where the Nitty Gritty is but, I can get to the Dells.
Shirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #21 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Mrsfuzzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fredonia, WI
Posts: 677
Just wanted to see if my countdown ticker is working. We've been to the Nitty Gritty. It's a regular stop on our bike trips through the Dells.
Mrsfuzzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #22 (permalink)
reposado
 
Starfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,056
Another one from WI. Welcome
(Docloch, I thought you fell off the face of the earth Where have you ben?)
Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #23 (permalink)
reposado
 
norml's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Elkhart Lake, Wi.
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirl
Not sure where the Nitty Gritty is but, I can get to the Dells.
It's close to the campus about 3 blocks south of State Street. We spent a lot of time there in late 60s/early 70s before it was a b'day bar. Ya, I'm that old. Our friends rented the upsairs appartment from Marshall and we spent a lot of time partying there with the bands who played in the place including one evening with Hot Tuna (Jefferson Airplane minus Grace Slick). The Airplane played that night a another location and as bands in those days would do they came to the Gritty afterwards for play with the band there that night, Luther Allison I think. Grace walked in and everyone freaked out so she left. Those were "interesting" days.
norml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #24 (permalink)
toe in water
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Juneau,WI
Posts: 48
How do I get that "report bad post" sign that the rest of you have?
Shirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #25 (permalink)
aņejo
 
equinenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Franklin, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,729
The Nitty Gritty..............egads I can't believe that place is still standing. I went to UW in the late 60's and we spent many, many nights in that place......most of which I can't remember

Welcome to the forums!
equinenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #26 (permalink)
aņejo
 
equinenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Franklin, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,729
Street. We spent a lot of time there in late 60s/early 70s


Remember Oz? Was it Oz? Cripes, that seems like 200 years ago!
equinenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #27 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
docloch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
It's close to the campus about 3 blocks south of State Street. We spent a lot of time there in late 60s/early 70s before it was a b'day bar. Ya, I'm that old. Our friends rented the upsairs appartment from Marshall and we spent a lot of time partying there with the bands who played in the place including one evening with Hot Tuna (Jefferson Airplane minus Grace Slick). The Airplane played that night a another location and as bands in those days would do they came to the Gritty afterwards for play with the band there that night, Luther Allison I think. Grace walked in and everyone freaked out so she left. Those were "interesting" days.
Ah yes, the Gritty - sounds like you have stories to tell, but can you remember them? Luther Allison was diagnosed with cancer in Madison one afternoon. His show that night at the Barrymore was legendary
docloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #28 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
docloch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish
Another one from WI. Welcome
(Docloch, I thought you fell off the face of the earth Where have you ben?)
Starfish my dear, rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated! Say hi to Mark. You lucky dogs will be at Peepfest, I see.
docloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #29 (permalink)
aņejo
 
ThrushJockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by docloch
Starfish my dear, rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated! Say hi to Mark. You lucky dogs will be at Peepfest, I see.
Doc, your alive!!!!
Great to see ya back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThrushJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #30 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
docloch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrushJockey
Doc, your alive!!!!
Great to see ya back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey man, yeah I'm back. What do we do for the Super bowl? Do we cheer for those Bears or what? Say hi to the lovely Shanda. Doc
docloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.