Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > News, gossip, ...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2007   #1 (permalink)
US Consular Agent PdC

 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 15,166
Chris Bolister heading back to England!

Resident character and musician Chris Bolister is heading home to London a bit earlier than expected due to some bad family news . He is leaving on Wednesday, so this afternoon/evening will be a blow out at Cpt. Dave's on the Beach (aka Bad Boys, grrrrr) with music, drinking, dancing, and debauchery. Come down and say goodbye to the original English Cowboy, or just say hello to me. Chris promised he would take a shower for a change.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #2 (permalink)
reposado
 
kalisun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: pdc
Posts: 1,029
Send a message via AIM to kalisun
we'll be there
kalisun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #3 (permalink)
aņejo
 
jamesblonde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South of Seattle
Posts: 8,260
Wish we were still in town. What a great guy. We bought the "Last night at Keith's Bar" DVD, but still haven't watched it. Guess I'll get my Chris fix that way.
jamesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #4 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
rohausser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah - Originally from Marietta, Ohio with college in Indiana (DePauw & Purdue.)
Posts: 276
My best to Chris, and hope that he returns this next fall-winter. After Grady's departure, Chris stepped up and took over. Great showman, and even nicer guy.
rohausser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #5 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Kellyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 6,437
Sorry to hear there's bad news from home.

I had a great night at BB hanging out with Chris and Tyra till the wee hours of the morning He's not only a great musician but a great magician as well....or I was really drunk ...nahhhh.

Safe travels Chris...hope to see in Playa again soon!!!!
Kellyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #6 (permalink)
always missin' pdc
 
alwaysmissinpdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: burbs north of Wilmington, Delaware
Posts: 3,798
I too am sorry to hear about Chris's bad news from home. It happens, we must live with it, but my heart goes out ....and selfishly, I would love to have been there tonight for his send off session at Captain Dave's on the Beach. I don't much like the Bad Boyz moniker either.

When I read Heather's post earlier today I got a very belated, very deflated "trip to Playa is over feeling". I actually checked last minute airfares for a do-able deal

I don't do drugs, but could someone mainline me some Playa?

Hoping to see some pics of the send off.
alwaysmissinpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007   #7 (permalink)
aņejo
 
monte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: dallas
Posts: 12,804
Oh so sorry to hear this, I hope everything works out for the best for him. Enjoyed the times that I got to hear him play. Best of luck Chris
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #8 (permalink)
ruined
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 95
I was there Saturday and took some (more) video of Chris and the guys playing. Also i got my new upgraded audio recorder working good now.

Am now working on two new DVDs :

First one is of the band & Chris at Bad Boys, filmed about 3 weeks ago. (tentatively called "One Afternoon in Mexico" but i may change that... suggestions welcome!). Maybe "One Afternoon in Playa". hmm ...not sure....

- It'll be about 45minutes long and includes about 8 or 9 of the Band and Chris's most popular songs like "Killing My Heart", "Sympathy for the Devil", "Walk the Line" etc. Also i will be including a "While the Camera Was Off" section which is audio soundbites and amusing chat (mainly from JJ and Chris!) that was audio recorded.

2nd DVD is : "Chris Bolister - Live in Mexico" DVD that i shot the first part of last night at Siesta Fiesta where Chris was playing. 2nd part I am filming tonite to get more songs as Chris had a rather-shortened set yesterday due to the bar screening a soccer game !! The sound is excellent on this one - my newly-upgraded Audio recorder worked superbly. Even Chris was quite excited by how good it sounded and looked when we reviewed it afterwards whilst sipping a few Dos Equis beers.
I may make an audio CD out of the soundtrack too. Not sure yet. It'll be good stuff either way.

I havent' got a PC here in Playa so i am having to blag computer time from various people to get this stuff done. I am hoping to get at least one of the above new DVDs finished by Tuesday night so i can at least give Chris a copy to take home to the UK !
Obviously i will be selling them when they're done and i have made some copies.

To the fine folk in USA and Canada who are waiting for their "Last Night at Keiths" DVDs, I can tell you that those DVDs will be leaving Mexico in a couple of days (one is already in Canada awaiting final mailing) and you should receive them a few days after that.

I am actually trying to get hold of Sarah B. to ask if i can utilise her PayPal account for payment for these DVDs. (Sarah was the lady who organised the "Bloody Chicas" T-shirts.)
If any one has Sarah B's phone number could they Private-Message it to me please? I'll PM her anyway in case she logs in.

One final thing..... there is a possibility that Chris might be back in Playa fairly soonish... maybe, maybe not.... don't quote me on that....

Last edited by English Stu; 05-21-2007 at 02:00 PM..
English Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #9 (permalink)
aņejo
 
SarahB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Playa...now Iowa
Posts: 2,888
I am so sad for Chris and the passing of his uncle. I will be there Wednesday and we will have just as big of a party as we had planned in June!

(And, yes, Stu, you can use my paypal or T&C's. I sent you an email and text tonight. If anyone wants to buy a DVD please send money via the links in the Bloody Chicas thread!)
SarahB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #10 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Kellyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 6,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahB
I am so sad for Chris and the passing of his uncle. I will be there Wednesday and we will have just as big of a party as we had planned in June!

(And, yes, Stu, you can use my paypal or T&C's. I sent you an email and text tonight. If anyone wants to buy a DVD please send money via the links in the Bloody Chicas thread!)
I would love a DVD. How much and should we just notate what the payment is for when we send the money?

Sorry to here about Chris' uncle...I had no idea that the news was that bad. My best to the family.
Kellyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #11 (permalink)
ruined
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyk
I would love a DVD. How much and should we just notate what the payment is for when we send the money?

Sorry to here about Chris' uncle...I had no idea that the news was that bad. My best to the family.
Hi Kelly !

OK yes SarahB has kindly let me use her PayPal account (thanks Sarah!) for payment of the "Last Night of Keiths Bar" DVDs. I am emailing all the known orderers as i speak about this.

Below is the link. If you haven't yet emailed me stating you'd like one of these DVDs, and you order one via this paypal link, if you could also Private Message me to let me know or email me at StuTravelling AT yahoo DOT com (replace the words "AT" and "DOT" with appropriate symbols of course..)

PLEASE NOTE ! : Although this Paypal link refers to T-shirts, its definitely for the DVD !
So please read the text in the Paypal order page which says "Bloody Chicas Shirts" as "Last Night of Keith's Bar DVD" instead!

Click here to order.

Last edited by English Stu; 05-24-2007 at 01:05 PM..
English Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #12 (permalink)
ruined
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 95
One more thing...
As you know Chris has now left Playa but before he left i filmed him quite a bit and we have uploaded two of his songs that i shot just last Sunday (at Siesta Fiesta on 5th Ave) onto his Myspace account.

Take a look/listen at these two original songs by Chris ... links below :

"Hey Now G"
(I goofed slightly and on the video I incorrectly labelled the track "Hey You G" on the video. It IS actually called "Hey Now G".

"Truck Driving Man"


If you look closely on "Truck Driving Man", you can see the reflection of the backing guitarist, Memo, in the mirror just behind Chris.... and also even myself filming Chris !

I strongly recommend using quality headphones when listening to hear the song's quality.

Last edited by English Stu; 05-24-2007 at 02:17 PM..
English Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #13 (permalink)
aņejo
 
JudyBluEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Stu
I was there Saturday and took some (more) video of Chris and the guys playing. Also i got my new upgraded audio recorder working good now.

Am now working on two new DVDs :

First one is of the band & Chris at Bad Boys, filmed about 3 weeks ago. (tentatively called "One Afternoon in Mexico" but i may change that... suggestions welcome!). Maybe "One Afternoon in Playa". hmm ...not sure....

- It'll be about 45minutes long and includes about 8 or 9 of the Band and Chris's most popular songs like "Killing My Heart", "Sympathy for the Devil", "Walk the Line" etc. Also i will be including a "While the Camera Was Off" section which is audio soundbites and amusing chat (mainly from JJ and Chris!) that was audio recorded.

2nd DVD is : "Chris Bolister - Live in Mexico" DVD that i shot the first part of last night at Siesta Fiesta where Chris was playing. 2nd part I am filming tonite to get more songs as Chris had a rather-shortened set yesterday due to the bar screening a soccer game !! The sound is excellent on this one - my newly-upgraded Audio recorder worked superbly. Even Chris was quite excited by how good it sounded and looked when we reviewed it afterwards whilst sipping a few Dos Equis beers.
I may make an audio CD out of the soundtrack too. Not sure yet. It'll be good stuff either way.

I havent' got a PC here in Playa so i am having to blag computer time from various people to get this stuff done. I am hoping to get at least one of the above new DVDs finished by Tuesday night so i can at least give Chris a copy to take home to the UK !
Obviously i will be selling them when they're done and i have made some copies.

To the fine folk in USA and Canada who are waiting for their "Last Night at Keiths" DVDs, I can tell you that those DVDs will be leaving Mexico in a couple of days (one is already in Canada awaiting final mailing) and you should receive them a few days after that.

I am actually trying to get hold of Sarah B. to ask if i can utilise her PayPal account for payment for these DVDs. (Sarah was the lady who organised the "Bloody Chicas" T-shirts.)
If any one has Sarah B's phone number could they Private-Message it to me please? I'll PM her anyway in case she logs in.

One final thing..... there is a possibility that Chris might be back in Playa fairly soonish... maybe, maybe not.... don't quote me on that....

Bummer about Chris's family problems, I hope everything will be ok. Will miss him and hopefully he'll be back soon!

Stu, will we be able to purchase the DVDs in Playa?
JudyBluEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #14 (permalink)
ruined
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyBluEyes
Bummer about Chris's family problems, I hope everything will be ok. Will miss him and hopefully he'll be back soon!

Stu, will we be able to purchase the DVDs in Playa?
Yes, absolutely.

I will probably be in Playa until at least JJ's wedding in late June.
Once I've finished the "Chris Bolister - Live in Mexico" DVD i will post up here about it, and folk in Playa can buy them for cash from me. I'm in town practically every night, and generally can be found at 'Bad Boys' Bar on the beach on Thursday and Saturday evenings (other gigs permitting!).
English Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #15 (permalink)
aņejo
 
JudyBluEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Stu
Yes, absolutely.

I will probably be in Playa until at least JJ's wedding in late June.
Once I've finished the "Chris Bolister - Live in Mexico" DVD i will post up here about it, and folk in Playa can buy them for cash from me. I'm in town practically every night, and generally can be found at 'Bad Boys' Bar on the beach on Thursday and Saturday evenings (other gigs permitting!).
Cool! btw...What is the date for JJ and Kim's wedding?
JudyBluEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.