Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > News, gossip, ...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013   #61 (permalink)
aņejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwill View Post
It's an information sign..
Lolz! or help sign I guess?
HUH?
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #62 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwill View Post
It's an information sign..
Lolz! or help sign I guess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteAL - HUH?
First question by Samwill to the Bimbo in the Information Booth (trying to be All-Inclusive here - except there is no Bimbo in the Information Booth - but if there were - or was, if she's gone): "What year is this?"

Last edited by beam-eye; 11-08-2013 at 07:16 AM..
beam-eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013   #63 (permalink)
reposado
 
MayanNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: "Right-side" of Texas
Posts: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by beam-eye View Post
First question by Samwill to the Bimbo in the Information Booth (trying to be All-Inclusive here - except there is no Bimbo in the Information Booth - but if there were - or was, if she's gone): "What year is this?"
2013 for another 34 days.... The Bimbo booth is STILL empty!!
MayanNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #64 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayanNut View Post
2013 for another 34 days.... The Bimbo booth is STILL empty!!
Sawmill - er, Samwill - was replying to a post from 02-08-08, almost 6 years ago.
beam-eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #65 (permalink)
aņejo
 
WaterRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayanNut View Post
2013 for another 34 days.... The Bimbo booth is STILL empty!!
Do you visit our universe often?
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #66 (permalink)
reposado
 
MayanNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: "Right-side" of Texas
Posts: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRat View Post
Do you visit our universe often?
Every now and then I touch down, explore and indulge before lifting off again....
MayanNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #67 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayanNut View Post
Every now and then I touch down, explore and indulge before lifting off again....
Just visiting this planet - like the rest of us, being here now - (and again)
beam-eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #68 (permalink)
reposado
 
MayanNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: "Right-side" of Texas
Posts: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by beam-eye View Post
Just visiting this planet - like the rest of us, being here now - (and again)
Yep, been there, done that and returning SOON,
MayanNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013   #69 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
PlayaWeatherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Puerto Aventuras
Posts: 312
A Mexican mystery solved?

Was in Centro Maya Mall yesterday. Booth is now occupied.

PlayaWeatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013   #70 (permalink)
Licence to kill
 
Mindbender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Shifting Sands
Posts: 5,745
Sigh, the spell is broken.

Hmm, but wait, now we have to guess what she is doing.
The ? demands it!

Perhaps she's wondering what to say if asked a question.

After years of preparation will enlightenment flow forth or only the ubiquitous 'no hay' will pass from her lips...
Mindbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013   #71 (permalink)
reposado
 
MayanNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: "Right-side" of Texas
Posts: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaWeatherman View Post
A Mexican mystery solved?

Was in Centro Maya Mall yesterday. Booth is now occupied.

Look! LESS than 15 days til year end and she has returned.....
MayanNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #72 (permalink)
sandflea
 
TravelLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Carmel, California
Posts: 9
Tourist Info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindbender View Post


Maybe this isn't just an unoccupied information stand at Centro Maya.

Perhaps it's a thought provoking artistic installation. Maybe it represents the hopelessness of man who approaches the altar of truth to find only confusion and no answers.

Or a paradox. What came first, the sign, and then the booth to give it purpose? Or the empty booth, and then the sign to question its intent?
It's gotta be a Yucatan tourist info booth! You must go to the elders for that...
(PS- it is practically island time afterall...)
TravelLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #73 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaWeatherman View Post
A Mexican mystery solved?

Was in Centro Maya Mall yesterday. Booth is now occupied.

It's 'The Question Store' - it's a new concept designed to complement the tourism industry in Mexico: they sell questions to inquisitive tourists. Here's a sample transaction:

me: Tienes informacion?
she: No hay, senor - pero tengo preguntas. Quieres? (Question number 1)
me: Cuanto cueste?
she: Usted esta turista or residente? (Question number 2)
me: Turista.
she: Por turista, son mil dolares.
me: Mil dolares! Dios mio! Porque?
she: Porque no? (Question number 3. You now owe $3,000 USD - best to quit while you're still behind)

Last edited by beam-eye; 02-01-2014 at 02:53 PM..
beam-eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014   #74 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
flapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Aguascalientes, Mexico
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by beam-eye View Post
It's 'The Question Store' - it's a new concept designed to complement the tourism industry in Mexico: they sell questions to inquisitive tourists. Here's a sample transaction:

me: Tienes informacion?
she: No hay, senor - pero tengo preguntas. Quieres? (Question number 1)
me: Cuanto cueste?
she: Usted esta turista or residente? (Question number 2)
me: Turista.
she: Por turista, son mil dolares.
me: Mil dolares! Dios mio! Porque?
she: Porque no? (Question number 3. You now owe $3,000 USD - best to quit while you're still behind)
This is hilarious! I am Mexican (also lived in USA for about a year) and find this soooo amusing!

You guys/gals, as outsiders, get these diminutive nuances of our culture best than most of us Mexicans!

flapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.