Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > News, gossip, ...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008   #1 (permalink)
US Consular Agent PdC

 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 15,166
Chris Bolister heading back to England for a few months

I got a text from Chris today letting me know that tonight will be his last night at Pinche Gringos for a while, as he is heading back to England for a few months. He has to renew his passport and do some of that pesky "real life" stuff before he can head back down. I expect tonight will be a rollicking good time at PG's...so see you all there.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #2 (permalink)
aņejo
 
bizzokiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
I got a text from Chris today letting me know that tonight will be his last night at Pinche Gringos for a while, as he is heading back to England for a few months. He has to renew his passport and do some of that pesky "real life" stuff before he can head back down. I expect tonight will be a rollicking good time at PG's...so see you all there.
Hopefully he'll make it back again by November when I'm there, have fun tonight!
bizzokiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #3 (permalink)
aņejo
 
lolabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: One foot in WI, the other in PDC
Posts: 6,268
Send a message via Yahoo to lolabella Send a message via Skype™ to lolabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
I got a text from Chris today letting me know that tonight will be his last night at Pinche Gringos for a while, as he is heading back to England for a few months. He has to renew his passport and do some of that pesky "real life" stuff before he can head back down. I expect tonight will be a rollicking good time at PG's...so see you all there.
Maybe in spirit!

Have fun without me! I wish I could remember the last time I saw Chris perform.
lolabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #4 (permalink)
aņejo
Merchant
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: playa del carmen...urgh
Posts: 10,193
is tonight may 23rd??? i can never undersand when the threads are started..... if so, I'll be there with Ed and Ferry ( shanti), 9 pm...or so.
Anna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #5 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
lumkim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 422
That is ashame. We were looking forward to hearing him in a few weeks.
lumkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #6 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Skiptown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where the Columbia and Snake Meet
Posts: 5,471
We caught him at the Fiesta Siesta when we were down in April. The guy is very good and a much likeable person. I went and saw him on a Sunday eve as the Mrs was not well and I talked him up so much she went with me on Monday nite. The food was nothing to write home about but the music was great and the beer cold. On Monday he had another guy playing with him who was probably a better quitar player than Chris but not as good a voice. As a duo they rocked! For those who don't know about hime he has a website.
It is See Chris Bolister in Playa del Carmen Mexico
Skiptown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008   #7 (permalink)
reposado
 
norml's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Elkhart Lake, Wi.
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzokiki View Post
Hopefully he'll make it back again by November when I'm there, have fun tonight!
Exactly what I was thinking only we'll be a month later.
norml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008   #8 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolabella View Post
Maybe in spirit!

Have fun without me! I wish I could remember the last time I saw Chris perform.
Has it been that long, or is it alcohol induced memory loss??

I need to be in Playa when you are there- what a great time it would be!!
some person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008   #9 (permalink)
US Consular Agent PdC

 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 15,166
PGs had to unexpectedly close last night...there was a mixup with the liquor license. Apparently many new bars get a "provisional" liquor license that has to be renewed each month. I'm a little unclear on the details, but it seems the beer company is responsible for getting the bar's license. Well, someone at the beer company screwed up and there were several bars affected that couldn't sell alcohol until the licensing snafu was straightened out.

But the jury is still out on whether or not Chris will be playing next Friday...rumor has it he is not actually leaving until the 4th of June. I'll keep you posted.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008   #10 (permalink)
aņejo
Merchant
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: playa del carmen...urgh
Posts: 10,193
He can't leave before June 4th...thats my birthday...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
PGs had to unexpectedly close last night...there was a mixup with the liquor license. Apparently many new bars get a "provisional" liquor license that has to be renewed each month. I'm a little unclear on the details, but it seems the beer company is responsible for getting the bar's license. Well, someone at the beer company screwed up and there were several bars affected that couldn't sell alcohol until the licensing snafu was straightened out.

But the jury is still out on whether or not Chris will be playing next Friday...rumor has it he is not actually leaving until the 4th of June. I'll keep you posted.
Anna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008   #11 (permalink)
aņejo
 
angelhouston819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dallas (Addison) Texas
Posts: 10,582
does anyone know if they will have live music on Friday nights at PG's?



A'
angelhouston819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #12 (permalink)
ruined
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 95
OK folks Chris has booked his flight now and .....is actually flying back to London on Wednesday. Thats just 2 days.

tonight will be his last gig in Playa until he's back around September (ish).
So if anyone wants to catch his last performance tonight, its at Siesta Fiesta from 7:30pm to 9:30pm.

DVDs available to buy so you can watch him on video while he's back in London !!
English Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #13 (permalink)
reposado
 
isomami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Stu View Post
OK folks Chris has booked his flight now and .....is actually flying back to London on Wednesday. Thats just 2 days.

tonight will be his last gig in Playa until he's back around September (ish).
So if anyone wants to catch his last performance tonight, its at Siesta Fiesta from 7:30pm to 9:30pm.

DVDs available to buy so you can watch him on video while he's back in London !!
Hi Stu! We are still checking the video every once in a while I'm recommending it to others too.
isomami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #14 (permalink)
ruined
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 95
He's back...

Bolister is back !

He just got back to Playa after 6months away, and is playing tonight at Siesta Fiesta bar on 5th Ave between 8th and 10th St. (7pm to 9pm).

Also he'll be resuming his regular Friday nights at Pinche Gringo's (think it's now more properly called "PGs" !) from about 8pm to about 11pm.

Regular music gigs will be probably be :
Sunday - Wednesday at Siesta Fiesta, 7pm to 9pm, possibly followed on a coupla nights by Mojo Zone (5th Ave and between 10th & 12th st) from about 9:30pm onwards..

Thurs and Sat. you might catch him at Bad Boys on the beach doing a few songs there with the regular band (5pm to 9pm, between 2nd & 4th St on the beach).
English Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #15 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Marj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Winnipeg MB Canada
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Stu View Post
Bolister is back !

He just got back to Playa after 6months away, and is playing tonight at Siesta Fiesta bar on 5th Ave between 8th and 10th St. (7pm to 9pm).

Also he'll be resuming his regular Friday nights at Pinche Gringo's (think it's now more properly called "PGs" !) from about 8pm to about 11pm.

Regular music gigs will be probably be :
Sunday - Wednesday at Siesta Fiesta, 7pm to 9pm, possibly followed on a coupla nights by Mojo Zone (5th Ave and between 10th & 12th st) from about 9:30pm onwards..

Thurs and Sat. you might catch him at Bad Boys on the beach doing a few songs there with the regular band (5pm to 9pm, between 2nd & 4th St on the beach).

Yahoo! Glad to hear that Stu. We were wondering when that lad would return We'll be there in Feb and didn't want to miss him. Thanks for the update...............see you in Feb
Marj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.