Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008   #16 (permalink)
AKA: Playa del Soul
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aguascalientes
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsOntario View Post
Welshly Squirt: Where is this Guadalupe church located, I mean, do you know the full name & address of it? Is it far from 5th Avenue? Do you know what time Sunday Service is at?
I am not sure of the address, but if you go down 30th Ave., into Colosio, you will pass a statue of Colosio, at a mini-roundabout. A couple more blocks, and it is on your right. Can't miss it, it is huge. Or, ask the taxi driver for "la iglesia catolica en Colosio." Mass is at 8AM, 10AM and 7PM. The head priest is Irish, and speaks Spanish with an Irish accent.
Playa del Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #17 (permalink)
into ruins
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 72
Welshly Squirt: Once again much thank for your help with locating this Church. I did some searching. Is this Church actually called Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe in the Colosio neighbourhood??
mrsOntario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #18 (permalink)
ele
beachaholic
 
ele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: pdc
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsOntario View Post
Welshly Squirt: Once again much thank for your help with locating this Church. I did some searching. Is this Church actually called Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe in the Colosio neighbourhood??
yep

Last edited by ele; 07-11-2008 at 11:56 PM..
ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008   #19 (permalink)
US Consular Agent PdC

 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 15,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ele View Post
yep
Hey...I really like that photo you've got for your avatar. Where did you find that??
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #20 (permalink)
ele
beachaholic
 
ele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: pdc
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Hey...I really like that photo you've got for your avatar. Where did you find that??
a really awesome chica took it of me and my man last halloween
ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #21 (permalink)
US Consular Agent PdC

 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 15,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ele View Post
a really awesome chica took it of me and my man last halloween
Yours were my favorite costumes that night!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #22 (permalink)
ele
beachaholic
 
ele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: pdc
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Yours were my favorite costumes that night!
thank you he pulled it all together and made everything last minute. such a badass
ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #23 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3
Hello Playa del Soul,



My Fiance and I have been desperately trying to find a catholic church to get married in down in playa. The Nuestra Seņora de Guadalupe in the Colosio in Playa del Carmen is the one we are trying to get married in.


Is there a way to get in touch with the church directly to try and organize a wedding ceremony? Perhaps a contact for the priest (Father Quinn I believe)


Thank You.

Andrew Zagorski
azagorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #24 (permalink)
into ruins
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 72
I believe the telephone number for Parroquia de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe, Colosio Neighbourhood, is (984) 859-4091. The priest there is indeed Father Bernard Quinn. Father Patrick Corrigan Cummins used to be at this Church as well but I believe he is now serving at a different Parrish.

Hope this helps!
mrsOntario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #25 (permalink)
ele
beachaholic
 
ele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: pdc
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by azagorski View Post
Hello Playa del Soul,



My Fiance and I have been desperately trying to find a catholic church to get married in down in playa. The Nuestra Seņora de Guadalupe in the Colosio in Playa del Carmen is the one we are trying to get married in.


Is there a way to get in touch with the church directly to try and organize a wedding ceremony? Perhaps a contact for the priest (Father Quinn I believe)


Thank You.

Andrew Zagorski
It is unlikely that you will be able to get in touch with Father Bernard. He is very busy doing all the good things he does for the community. You will want to talk to the church secretary or a wedding planner.
ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #26 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange, Ca, USA
Posts: 3
I have been feeling a little dishearten about arranging wedding plans in Playa, since I haven't been able to reserve a date at Capilla de Nuestra Senora Del Carmen. I find it difficult to find contact information for a priest or church secretary to get the ball rolling. Does anyone know who to contact at the church, an email or phone number?
Thanks,
Bride-to-Be Kathy
KatherineHeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #27 (permalink)
playa maya guy

 
ryberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineHeld View Post
I have been feeling a little dishearten about arranging wedding plans in Playa, since I haven't been able to reserve a date at Capilla de Nuestra Senora Del Carmen. I find it difficult to find contact information for a priest or church secretary to get the ball rolling. Does anyone know who to contact at the church, an email or phone number?
Thanks,
Bride-to-Be Kathy
Yeah, well, my wife is Mexican and has gone to church in Playa del Carmen and she says that indeed it is difficult to get far in such efforts there, as (her words) "they never answer the phone."

I can check tomorrow in person and see what I can find out, however, if nobody answers your question first.

Steve
ryberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #28 (permalink)
into ruins
 
thefeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 70
Here's the phone number for the Church.

Catholic Parish Nuestra Seņora del Carmen Tel. 52(984)8730188

Rob
thefeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #29 (permalink)
playa maya guy

 
ryberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeds View Post
Here's the phone number for the Church.

Catholic Parish Nuestra Seņora del Carmen Tel. 52(984)8730188

Rob
There you go -- now you can test my wife's claim.

Steve
ryberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #30 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange, Ca, USA
Posts: 3
Ready to let it ring!

Thanks for the church contact number. Keep your fingers crossed that I reach someone.
-Kathy
KatherineHeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.