Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Off Topic Stuff > General Off-Topic Stuff
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111331 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Debbiec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northwestern New Jersey - in the boonies
Posts: 3,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat View Post
New Jersey still prohibits drivers from pumping their own gas. Crazy. I hate getting gas there since the service can take forever while you wait for the one attendant to get to you. I also hate getting gas in Jersey because it means I am in Jersey.
Wow. And I thought I liked you.

You guys really don't know NJ like I know NJ. And that's ok AS LONG AS YOU DON'T TRASH US.

I'm not sure gas prices are lower anymore, since a 23 cent tax was imposed this past year. Our prices used to be A LOT less, like close to 30 cents, and people from PA and NY routinely crossed the border to buy gas in NJ, regardless of having to wait to have their gas pumped by an attendant....

I live in 2 states, in NJ I don't pump, in FL I do. Makes ZERO difference to me either way, I just look for good prices, which means a lot of the time I'm waiting in line at Costco

First world problems.....
Debbiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111332 (permalink)
aņejo
 
bearcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbiec View Post
Wow. And I thought I liked you.

You guys really don't know NJ like I know NJ. And that's ok AS LONG AS YOU DON'T TRASH US.

I'm not sure gas prices are lower anymore, since a 23 cent tax was imposed this past year. Our prices used to be A LOT less, like close to 30 cents, and people from PA and NY routinely crossed the border to buy gas in NJ, regardless of having to wait to have their gas pumped by an attendant....

I live in 2 states, in NJ I don't pump, in FL I do. Makes ZERO difference to me either way, I just look for good prices, which means a lot of the time I'm waiting in line at Costco

First world problems.....
I thought that might get your attention. You know I was kidding. (well, kind of. )
bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111333 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,549
I'm trying to figure out if Debbie is joking too, or seriously peeved at you....


I read that and knew you were baiting, errr I mean joking with her!
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111334 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,549
You know what is annoying? When your company merges with another company, and the week of Day 1, you spend hours cutting and pasting, cutting and pasting, replacing the old logo with the new one....

OTOH, I still have a job and can continue paying my mortgaqe
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111335 (permalink)
aņejo
 
bearcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
I'm trying to figure out if Debbie is joking too, or seriously peeved at you....


I read that and knew you were baiting, errr I mean joking with her!
I have ribbed her many, many times in the past about Jersey. Debbie gets sarcasm. At least she did in the past but I am pretty sure she knows that I was joking. If not, than I misjudged her sense of humor.
bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111336 (permalink)
aņejo
 
horizon200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,895
Bracing for this snow event coming up the coast. We're on the line...5-7" right now but if it stays in close we jump to the 8-12" line. In and of itself, not a lot (especially compared to some of you). But, Dellywho is not well equipped for snow removal (they've gotten better). Plus, they're talking 40mph winds. So, plenty of drifting.

I really don't relish the idea of getting up to clear a driveway then driving into work! I liked the meme I saw today that said "Winter is like Justin Bieber...cute at first. But now it needs to go the F*** back to Canada!"
horizon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111337 (permalink)
aņejo
 
CalifGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 5,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
https://www.facebook.com/onlyincanad...4774577374678/

the best video I have seen in a long time.... a tour guide in Ireland actually taught us this song and it was so much fun singing it on the way back from Newgrange.


https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishPos...6901169013452/
She has a very nice voice.
CalifGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111338 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Debbiec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northwestern New Jersey - in the boonies
Posts: 3,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat View Post
I have ribbed her many, many times in the past about Jersey. Debbie gets sarcasm. At least she did in the past but I am pretty sure she knows that I was joking. If not, than I misjudged her sense of humor.
Oh come on you guys, I know you know me better than that. It takes a LOT to offend me.....I am a thick-skinned NJ Italian girl, and I can dish it out as well as I can take it. Of COURSE I knew you were kidding, bc. Kinda.

I probably should have added a joker face to my comments.....I'm just crabby from this cold weather, I guess

Heading to Florida in 2 weeks....delayed because my husband's law firm is throwing him a "retirement" party on the 14th. Someone needs to explain this attorney "retirement" thing to me......he's still going to work!!! I guess it's called semi-retirement when you step down from managing partner for the last 21 years and become "of counsel". All I know is I want him to spend a LOT more time in Florida this winter!!!
Debbiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111339 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 12,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon200 View Post
Bracing for this snow event coming up the coast. We're on the line...5-7" right now but if it stays in close we jump to the 8-12" line. In and of itself, not a lot (especially compared to some of you). But, Dellywho is not well equipped for snow removal (they've gotten better). Plus, they're talking 40mph winds. So, plenty of drifting.

I really don't relish the idea of getting up to clear a driveway then driving into work! I liked the meme I saw today that said "Winter is like Justin Bieber...cute at first. But now it needs to go the F*** back to Canada!"
Keep warm and drive carefully.
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111340 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,549
Morning Randomania!! TGIT!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon200 View Post
Bracing for this snow event coming up the coast. We're on the line...5-7" right now but if it stays in close we jump to the 8-12" line. In and of itself, not a lot (especially compared to some of you). But, Dellywho is not well equipped for snow removal (they've gotten better). Plus, they're talking 40mph winds. So, plenty of drifting.

I really don't relish the idea of getting up to clear a driveway then driving into work! I liked the meme I saw today that said "Winter is like Justin Bieber...cute at first. But now it needs to go the F*** back to Canada!"

Oh wahhhh!! You delicate little flower. You won't melt, promise!

Kidding...sort of. I have to smh when I read all the status updates from people down there crying about how 'cold' it is- and their temps are what we consider barely chilly up here..... Temps below -30c overnight for 12 days in a row overnight....that's cold!


Related note... This is for bearcat and Mogley- yes people DO freeze to death up here....but it's far from commonplace, and meth was really more to blame than the cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifGuy View Post
She has a very nice voice.
Doesn't she?! love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbiec View Post
Oh come on you guys, I know you know me better than that. It takes a LOT to offend me.....I am a thick-skinned NJ Italian girl, and I can dish it out as well as I can take it. Of COURSE I knew you were kidding, bc. Kinda.

I probably should have added a joker face to my comments.....I'm just crabby from this cold weather, I guess

Heading to Florida in 2 weeks....delayed because my husband's law firm is throwing him a "retirement" party on the 14th. Someone needs to explain this attorney "retirement" thing to me......he's still going to work!!! I guess it's called semi-retirement when you step down from managing partner for the last 21 years and become "of counsel". All I know is I want him to spend a LOT more time in Florida this winter!!!
congrats on his 'semi' retirement! Hope he can spend a lot of time down there with you.
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111341 (permalink)
aņejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon200 View Post
Bracing for this snow event coming up the coast. We're on the line...5-7" right now but if it stays in close we jump to the 8-12" line. In and of itself, not a lot (especially compared to some of you). But, Dellywho is not well equipped for snow removal (they've gotten better). Plus, they're talking 40mph winds. So, plenty of drifting.

I really don't relish the idea of getting up to clear a driveway then driving into work! I liked the meme I saw today that said "Winter is like Justin Bieber...cute at first. But now it needs to go the F*** back to Canada!"
My parents just left Playa yesterday, flying into Richmond, VA, late last night. They were spending the night in a hotel before driving home today. Not a whole lot of snow in Richmond but they need to drive east to get home. I am hoping they decide to stay an extra day in the hotel as the webcams in Williamsburg show some accumulation on the roads.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111342 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,419
It's -27F right now.
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111343 (permalink)
aņejo
 
TAPPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 22,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilG View Post
It's -27F right now.
I cant even !!!

20 here this morning, which is really cold for us. But at least the sun is out, and everyone is gearing up for Mardi Gras
TAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111344 (permalink)
aņejo
 
horizon200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,895
Pretty much white out conditions here this AM. The snow is so dry and light that the winds are wreaking havoc with it.

My father in law is in a panic because he can't get to "work". His work consists of going to the casino to bet the horses then hitting the watering hole for 3 beers. Hey, he's 83, lives alone and makes bills. So, if that's his vice...so be it. He's happy! Well, except today!
horizon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #111345 (permalink)
aņejo
 
bearcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilG View Post
It's -27F right now.
I still can't figure out whether I admire you Minnesotan's heartiness and perseverance or question your sanity.
bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.