Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008   #31 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Tallyho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee DeeS View Post
Villas Arqueologicas (on the Trip Planning tab) is listed for $1,072 for the 2 bedroom and is basically across the street from the beach. We stay in Playacar Phase 1 and walk past it all the time. It is a nice location.
Heather has steered me away from these! And I trust her opinion.... she can tell you more
Tallyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #32 (permalink)
US Consular Agent PdC

 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 15,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyho View Post
Heather has steered me away from these! And I trust her opinion.... she can tell you more
I do like Villas Arqueologicas...some units. What I've probably done is steered you away from certain units, because otherwise they're great.

The rates on this website are a bit outdated, sorry~will do what I can to get them up to speed when I can.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #33 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Tallyho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
I do like Villas Arqueologicas...some units. What I've probably done is steered you away from certain units, because otherwise they're great.

The rates on this website are a bit outdated, sorry~will do what I can to get them up to speed when I can.

Hi Heather,

It was right after the hurricane did a lot of damage, and I think they may have been doing a LOT of work there to fix things up.... you hooked me up with a fabulous place instead! Royal Palms, it was a one bedroom though.
Tallyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #34 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyho View Post
Hi Heather,

It was right after the hurricane did a lot of damage, and I think they may have been doing a LOT of work there to fix things up.... you hooked me up with a fabulous place instead! Royal Palms, it was a one bedroom though.

Where are you staying this trip? I remember you telling me the Royal Palms was really nice...


NOT this Royal Palms (accidentally found that when I was looking for THIS one time. hee hee looky the pictures )
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #35 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Mogley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post

NOT this Royal Palms (accidentally found that when I was looking for THIS one time. hee hee looky the pictures )
Riss If I have more of those dreams
Mogley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #36 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogley View Post
Riss If I have more of those dreams



Did you see the paintings in the bedroom?

Not a smoking monkey in sight.
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #37 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Mogley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post


Did you see the paintings in the bedroom?

Not a smoking monkey in sight.
NO!!! and I am not looking I love smoked monkey, I love smoked monkey, I love smoked monkey
Mogley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #38 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogley View Post
NO!!! and I am not looking I love smoked monkey, I love smoked monkey, I love smoked monkey
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #39 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Tallyho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
Where are you staying this trip? I remember you telling me the Royal Palms was really nice...


NOT this Royal Palms (accidentally found that when I was looking for THIS one time. hee hee looky the pictures )

LOL! omg, I got a good laugh out of that!

I am staying at Plantation House this time around. Last year I stayed at Hacienda San Jose Condo's and that was fabulous too.... except for the barking dogs, guarding the lot out to the beach...

Caramba would like us to get together when we are all there in Dec.
Tallyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #40 (permalink)
Travel Insurance Tester

 
Shammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Joisey Shore
Posts: 18,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyho View Post
Caramba would like us to get together when we are all there in Dec.

OK, I'm in too!
Shammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #41 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,394
yup, I am in too!


Reason I was asking.... my mom had major surgery this week...and I might need a roommate for the 2 bedroom I am in . ... but I am sure I can find someone IF she can't make it.

I have already had a couple volunteers; sadly they are guy friends of mine..... and my hubby said 'no way' (of course! ).
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #42 (permalink)
Travel Insurance Tester

 
Shammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Joisey Shore
Posts: 18,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
I have already had a couple volunteers; sadly they are guy friends of mine..... and my hubby said 'no way' (of course! ).
I don't know if this is good or bad but my husband wouldn't care either way - guy or girl - a roomie is a roomie!
Shammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #43 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Tallyho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammy View Post
I don't know if this is good or bad but my husband wouldn't care either way - guy or girl - a roomie is a roomie!
Shammy, why don't you come down for your Birthday!!!!
Tallyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #44 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammy View Post
I don't know if this is good or bad but my husband wouldn't care either way - guy or girl - a roomie is a roomie!

Well, MINE would prefer it be a female ...he knows what I get like after too much tequila, maybe...
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #45 (permalink)
crab killer
 
Tommygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am Canadian!!
Posts: 15,174
We stayed at Las Palmas last May. It is a 5 min walk to the beach & comes with beach passes & a rooftop pool. We had a 2bdrm 2 bath & paid $740 a week. Rates until April 30 say $180 a night then go to $115 for May.
Tommygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.