Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2009   #46 (permalink)
añejo
 
Murrsay185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mackay View Post
oh my head.....i went home last night and then today there was a brief shower, so i said theres my excuse to take a couple hours off so i went home watched a movie i think and then went down to the beach at 3.....seen transit and then had some beefrs with the work guys there., 7 of them big bottles later i stumble to el bar.....and then home......boy i am glad its sunday........

murray its looking like there is rain on the 21 st after that blue skys.....found some nice red wine from france for 64 pesos...REALLY....I almost have enough now for the winter
Nothing like topping up the buzz with a bottle of wine. That is double the price we were paying last year, but then it wasn't French Wine.
Murrsay185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #47 (permalink)
añejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrsay185 View Post
Nothing like topping up the buzz with a bottle of wine. That is double the price we were paying last year, but then it wasn't French Wine.
yes but it was good
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #48 (permalink)
añejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappysammy View Post
it ain't rainin' here, friend
i will not be at aerobics :snicker:


ill let you know how it goes, whats happening on mondays around town snappy......i have to try and get to luna blue for to purchase my cook book tommorrow night, does luna blue have anything on tuesdays?
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #49 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Transit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 446
Send a message via Skype™ to Transit
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappysammy View Post
casa tucan, nice folks, nice pool
lots of germans, nice little restaurant, too
Thanks snappy, my memory is not any better than Robs. I knew it was on 4th and I could vision myself walking up and down the stree until I recognized the name or saw someone I knew.
Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #50 (permalink)
añejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,472
hey snappy me and transit ended up at the water arobics,,,,it was a blast , pretty good work out......you would have a blast......transit how much did you make on the cards last night, when i was leaving you were cleaning up. I went up the street and bumped into bc sunlovers and had a beer with them, they are talking a newyears day levie party........ill see them again over the next few days
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #51 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Transit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 446
Send a message via Skype™ to Transit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mackay View Post
hey snappy me and transit ended up at the water arobics,,,,it was a blast , pretty good work out......you would have a blast......transit how much did you make on the cards last night, when i was leaving you were cleaning up. I went up the street and bumped into bc sunlovers and had a beer with them, they are talking a newyears day levie party........ill see them again over the next few days

I only played for a little while after you left. Just time enough to lose most of my winnings. I gave up my seat to Andy when he, Gary and Adam arrived. Still learning the game so not up to playing with the experts yet. Lots of fun anyway.
Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #52 (permalink)
añejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transit View Post
I only played for a little while after you left. Just time enough to lose most of my winnings. I gave up my seat to Andy when he, Gary and Adam arrived. Still learning the game so not up to playing with the experts yet. Lots of fun anyway.
that was good time at luna blue excellent music,the paintings and art work was something else all along calle 12th.....it took me 20 minutes to get through.....see ya at the beach
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #53 (permalink)
way into it
 
BC Sun Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mackay View Post
hey snappy me and transit ended up at the water arobics,,,,it was a blast , pretty good work out......you would have a blast......transit how much did you make on the cards last night, when i was leaving you were cleaning up. I went up the street and bumped into bc sunlovers and had a beer with them, they are talking a newyears day levie party........ill see them again over the next few days

Hey Rob, How was your trip to Puerto Aventures? We walked by Luna Blue yesterday, ít´s pretty close to our place. Don´s out golfing he went yesterday and made his deal. Hope to see you again soon and meet transit too! Shhhh...we´ll keep the levy a small secret, next thing you know we´d end up with half of Playa there
BC Sun Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #54 (permalink)
añejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Sun Lovers View Post
Hey Rob, How was your trip to Puerto Aventures? We walked by Luna Blue yesterday, ít´s pretty close to our place. Don´s out golfing he went yesterday and made his deal. Hope to see you again soon and meet transit too! Shhhh...we´ll keep the levy a small secret, next thing you know we´d end up with half of Playa there

hi kids, glad to see ya made it, i have a few projects on the go this morning but why dont you drop down to the beach later we usually set at the bottom of calle 4 and then a bit to the left......shhhh i hear ya....did you get your liquor stash? i was wondering where yous were....if you want to go to taluum for the day let me know
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #55 (permalink)
way into it
 
BC Sun Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 225
Hi Rob, Don should be back around noon so I´ll see if I can drag him to the beach (he´s not fond of sitting in the sun) I´m going to go walking around for a bit before I head back to the condo. Are you going to Tulum today or tomorrow? We went to Mega last night but still need to go to San Fancisco...got a start on the bar
BC Sun Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #56 (permalink)
añejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Sun Lovers View Post
Hi Rob, Don should be back around noon so I´ll see if I can drag him to the beach (he´s not fond of sitting in the sun) I´m going to go walking around for a bit before I head back to the condo. Are you going to Tulum today or tomorrow? We went to Mega last night but still need to go to San Fancisco...got a start on the bar

hi kids it was great to see yas all today at the beach, i had a blast, we just finished a gut load of tacos at el fogon,,,,,drop by the el bar tonight for a night cap and see that fantastic little singer.....dont forget sat at 1130....
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #57 (permalink)
añejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Sun Lovers View Post
Hi Rob, Don should be back around noon so I´ll see if I can drag him to the beach (he´s not fond of sitting in the sun) I´m going to go walking around for a bit before I head back to the condo. Are you going to Tulum today or tomorrow? We went to Mega last night but still need to go to San Fancisco...got a start on the bar

good time, i am going to see if i can post that picture
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #58 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mackay View Post
hey snappy me and transit ended up at the water arobics,,,,it was a blast , pretty good work out......you would have a blast......transit how much did you make on the cards last night, when i was leaving you were cleaning up. I went up the street and bumped into bc sunlovers and had a beer with them, they are talking a newyears day levie party........ill see them again over the next few days

Hey rob, what does this water aerobics cost? Do you just show up? Is is deep water or shallow (meaning just above waist)? I do deep water aerobics (12 feet) and shallow water 4 to 5 times a week. I am sooooooooooooooo ready to be there!
mexisv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #59 (permalink)
añejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexisv View Post
Hey rob, what does this water aerobics cost? Do you just show up? Is is deep water or shallow (meaning just above waist)? I do deep water aerobics (12 feet) and shallow water 4 to 5 times a week. I am sooooooooooooooo ready to be there!

its a pay as you go its 3 times a week, jim is gone back to the states for christmas as well as a few others so it will resume again in the new year i thing he said around first week of january. its in the shallow end of the pool and the water is about waist deep, monday wed and friday...then we set in the bar and have a few cool ones after. i think its a good work out, the thing with water you can move as fast as you want if you are all hung over just move slower......i think he said 30 pesos per day, just down 4th, when you get in?
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #60 (permalink)
añejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,472
hey transit bring your snorkle gear to the beach today, the wind seemed to have switched around out of the wnw so it might be calm enough to get in some local snorkling...see ya around 1130
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.