Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > Changarros y más...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2010   #1 (permalink)
life=playa
 
krazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 772
Is Don Mario steak and pasta good? YES IT IS!!!!!

Ok I have many places to post that we went to on our recent trip but this is the first and possibly the best.
I read about it here and figured a few pics might help out , so here u go

Don Marios located on 10th ave by calle 10 I think on corner
service was good ,, but if u like your steaks welllll done make sure u specify that aspect ,, mine was ordered well and came rare ,, but they cooked it some more and I think anywhere in playa that happens, I should of said (someone help with the spelling on this ) in spanish "la mos cocina la carne"


Heres the complementary apeitizer


and the pechuga pollo 130 pesos



then the pomodoro 110 pesos


and the newyork steak 220 pesos


and finally the t-bone 220 pesos




the bill



and the menu everyone always wants to see scroll page over to see it all

Have fun

Last edited by krazzy; 02-23-2010 at 11:09 AM..
krazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #2 (permalink)
añejo
 
duffey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Roscoe,IL
Posts: 1,731
Should I turn my monitor on it's side or strain my neck.

Food looks tasty. Was it good?
duffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #3 (permalink)
life=playa
 
krazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 772
yep it was good ,, watch out for neck cramps viewing lmao
krazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #4 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Dalle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Guadalajara
Posts: 626
1 Leche?! And only ONE Cuba Libre?!

Looks good, there is no shortage of good steaks in Playa, but I'll put this on my list of places to try.. I still favor El Diez though.
Dalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #5 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Bryzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalle View Post
1 Leche?! And only ONE Cuba Libre?!

Looks good, there is no shortage of good steaks in Playa, but I'll put this on my list of places to try.. I still favor El Diez though.
I prefer El Diez by leaps.....
Bryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #6 (permalink)
life=playa
 
krazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalle View Post
1 Leche?! And only ONE Cuba Libre?!

Looks good, there is no shortage of good steaks in Playa, but I'll put this on my list of places to try.. I still favor El Diez though.
Yes 1 leche,, didnt think my 10 or 12 yr old should have a rum and coke
krazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #7 (permalink)
life=playa
 
krazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzee View Post
I prefer El Diez by leaps.....
that might be so but since I do not know its location and am not a mind reader,, it would be nice to know where El Diez is
krazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #8 (permalink)
way into it
 
harleychica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 151
Don Mario serves a great Mexican steak - the arracherra! We stop by every trip into town!
harleychica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #9 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Bryzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzy View Post
that might be so but since I do not know its location and am not a mind reader,, it would be nice to know where El Diez is
since you asked, El Diez is on 5th and calle 26 ...in the corner where Babes'
north and Antica are.........
Bryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #10 (permalink)
way into it
 
Lpeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 119
We love Don Mario's also. We have eaten there 2 or 3 times and plan on stopping there again in May. I had some sort of chicken that was very good, but doesn't look like the one you had. Mine had some kind of mushroom sauce on it. Delicious. My husband said his arracherra was excellent also.
Lpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #11 (permalink)
añejo
 
rainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calgary and Playa
Posts: 2,271
Send a message via Skype™ to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpeter View Post
We love Don Mario's also. We have eaten there 2 or 3 times and plan on stopping there again in May. I had some sort of chicken that was very good, but doesn't look like the one you had. Mine had some kind of mushroom sauce on it. Delicious. My husband said his arracherra was excellent also.
Dollar for Dollar, Don Marios is probably the best restaurant in town...(except for PG's...... he he)) Carrie and I go there quite often..The chicken you had was probably the "Voldistano"...Also try (not on the menu) "chris's chicken, which Mario will make...breaded Milanesa style with his mushroom sauce...a beautiful dish......steaks are awesome
rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #12 (permalink)
Nutty Peep
 
Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Posts: 6,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzy View Post
yep it was good ,, watch out for neck cramps viewing lmao

Krazzy, in Photobucket you can edit your images, use the rotate arrows, they are in the "Basic" menu at the middle,

Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #13 (permalink)
life=playa
 
krazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
Krazzy, in Photobucket you can edit your images, use the rotate arrows, they are in the "Basic" menu at the middle,

hmm,,, that sounds like work ,, I hate work :P lol ,, thanks
krazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #14 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Bryzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
Dollar for Dollar, Don Marios is probably the best restaurant in town...(except for PG's...... he he)) Carrie and I go there quite often..The chicken you had was probably the "Voldistano"...Also try (not on the menu) "chris's chicken, which Mario will make...breaded Milanesa style with his mushroom sauce...a beautiful dish......steaks are awesome
If you like arracherra, I have had better at a few other places..I do agree their steak is good.
Maybe it was an off night for them.....service was very, very slow also.......
Bryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #15 (permalink)
reposado
 
PAUL250268's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 1,165
Sigh..............I really miss Don Marios. I must have been there over 100 times.

I think that it's the best value for steak in Playa. El Diez is also good, as is Manolo's BUT Don Mario's is a lot closer to La Rana. I miss that place too. Don't ask me how many beers I had there!

Last edited by PAUL250268; 02-24-2010 at 12:24 PM..
PAUL250268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.