Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2010   #61 (permalink)
he likes it!
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,581
Send a message via Skype™ to Mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDY&JEN View Post
I dont think so at all Mikey, after all this is supposed to be a forum to promote Playa del Carmen, its Monuments, and business.s,its beaches and its beauty, i really dont think there is any need to see thread after thread of this nature.
Yes there are murders here, there are murders everywhere but as far as i am aware they are contained within the drug and crime circles, they bear no threat to visitors , so why promote the scaremongering .
I personaly feel if people feel the need to write and read about this kind of stuff there should be a completely seperate forum, i would rather not see it on P.I. at all
Hopefully i am entitled to an opinion
I think letting them know what they asked is the best answer to reassuring
the original poster that all is well. Seems DayDreamer and Fins were a little perplexed on the answers given by you and Bumper.

Promote scaremongering? Quite the opposite...Answering their question as to where it happened reassures them that it is hours away from Playa. Everyone knows that most of the deaths in the Roo are drug related...

I have done nothing but promote Playa Del Carmen from Hol Box to Xcalak and almost everywhere between for seven years. Slideshows, Web Casts, pictures....Over two million views now in the multimedia section. Even went down during the "Pig Flu" outbreak. Endangering our lives on a bed at Mamita's for hours all alone.....Well we did have a bottle of DJR as company.....The best time I have ever had in Playa.

She had a legitimate concern and people made jokes about those concerns. When all they had to do is provide a link that would help answer their question......What exactly were they going to take pictures of? What would the tour entail? I would answer but instead of taking the chance of being a little too graphic....I won't.....Just seems your joke was a little insensitive.

Plus when you have two people one of them being the original poster going WTF? It is pretty obvious....

Last edited by Mikey; 06-20-2010 at 01:18 PM..
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #62 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Bumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 14,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper
Why? Did you want to go there and take some pictures, or what?

RUDE RUDE RUDE.......
But Mikey....I could have sworn you said you were going to ignore me?

Bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #63 (permalink)
he likes it!
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,581
Send a message via Skype™ to Mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
But Mikey....I could have sworn you said you were going to ignore me?

Quite the opposite I have decided. Just thought I would respond to a rude post. You do that too right?
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #64 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Bumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 14,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Quite the opposite I have decided.
Good for you, Mikey. Me too.

Bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #65 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Bumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 14,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Quite the opposite I have decided. Just thought I would respond to a rude post. You do that too right?
With some regularity.
Bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #66 (permalink)
he likes it!
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,581
Send a message via Skype™ to Mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
Good for you, Mikey. Me too.

Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #67 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Bumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 14,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
See....aren't pictures fun? The search for something appropriate is the best part.

Bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #68 (permalink)
reposado
 
daydreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fairless Hills, PA
Posts: 1,112
I am not worried at all about my safety in PDC, Cancun or any other area in the vicinity that I might visit. If I was, I wouldn't go there. My husband & I have both felt safer in the streets late at night there then we would in many places in the States.

I can't speak for someone else, but I tend to think that even the person who asked for a more detailed location was not really concerned about his/her safety, just interested in the news article and where exactly it took place. Making comments about wanting a tour and taking pictures of a murder scene/body dumping area is just ignorant and sick (twisted).

Also, if the discussion on the safety of being in Mexico is bothersome, don't go into a thread titled "Is Mexico Safe". There are threads I have no interest in taking part in, and I simply do not go into those threads. I wouldn't go in there and start posting rude comments to the members who are active in those threads. Common sense and common courtesy can go a long way.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #69 (permalink)
aņejo
 
lolabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: One foot in WI, the other in PDC
Posts: 6,268
Send a message via Yahoo to lolabella Send a message via Skype™ to lolabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
I think letting them know what they asked is the best answer to reassuring
the original poster that all is well. Seems DayDreamer and Fins were a little perplexed on the answers given by you and Bumper.

Promote scaremongering? Quite the opposite...Answering their question as to where it happened reassures them that it is hours away from Playa. Everyone knows that most of the deaths in the Roo are drug related...

I have done nothing but promote Playa Del Carmen from Hol Box to Xcalak and almost everywhere between for seven years. Slideshows, Web Casts, pictures....Over two million views now in the multimedia section. Even went down during the "Pig Flu" outbreak. Endangering our lives on a bed at Mamita's for hours all alone.....Well we did have a bottle of DJR as company.....The best time I have ever had in Playa.

She had a legitimate concern and people made jokes about those concerns. When all they had to do is provide a link that would help answer their question......What exactly were they going to take pictures of? What would the tour entail? I would answer but instead of taking the chance of being a little too graphic....I won't.....Just seems your joke was a little insensitive.

Plus when you have two people one of them being the original poster going WTF? It is pretty obvious....
Well said!
lolabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #70 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
I am not worried at all about my safety in PDC, Cancun or any other area in the vicinity that I might visit. If I was, I wouldn't go there. My husband & I have both felt safer in the streets late at night there then we would in many places in the States.

I can't speak for someone else, but I tend to think that even the person who asked for a more detailed location was not really concerned about his/her safety, just interested in the news article and where exactly it took place. Making comments about wanting a tour and taking pictures of a murder scene/body dumping area is just ignorant and sick (twisted).

Also, if the discussion on the safety of being in Mexico is bothersome, don't go into a thread titled "Is Mexico Safe". There are threads I have no interest in taking part in, and I simply do not go into those threads. I wouldn't go in there and start posting rude comments to the members who are active in those threads. Common sense and common courtesy can go a long way.
Don't go to the weather threads.

Oh...avoid the peso/dollar threads, too.

Oh...avoid the tipping threads
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #71 (permalink)
he likes it!
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,581
Send a message via Skype™ to Mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
Don't go to the weather threads.

Oh...avoid the peso/dollar threads, too.

Oh...avoid the tipping threads
What is the exchange rate now?
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #72 (permalink)
reposado
 
daydreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fairless Hills, PA
Posts: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
Don't go to the weather threads.

Oh...avoid the peso/dollar threads, too.

Oh...avoid the tipping threads
Was this supposed to apply to me? Why would you suggest I don't go there?

I typically don't go into the weather threads. I know everyone worries about rain and storms during their vaca. I've experienced great weather for the majority of my visits there, minus a few days on the last trip of steady rain & soaked luggage - but that would never deter me from returning.

Peso/dollar thread? Tipping thread? Hmm... I'm confused.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #73 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
what is the exchange rate now?
12.54
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #74 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Luv2Dance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 26,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
12.54
Not bad!!! Thanks!
Luv2Dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #75 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
Was this supposed to apply to me? Why would you suggest I don't go there?

I typically don't go into the weather threads. I know everyone worries about rain and storms during their vaca. I've experienced great weather for the majority of my visits there, minus a few days on the last trip of steady rain & soaked luggage - but that would never deter me from returning.

Peso/dollar thread? Tipping thread? Hmm... I'm confused.
Sorry.
It's kind of a joke.
I thought you'd get it.
Stick around - you'll get it sooner or later
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.