Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Off Topic Stuff > General Off-Topic Stuff

Reply

 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2011   #2776 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Bret and Yvonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Grand Lake, Ok
Posts: 371
About ten minutes ago I liked having electricity! Now running on batteries!!!
Bret and Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote
register to remove these adverts
Old 04-20-2011   #2777 (permalink)
reposado
 
candylady401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,370
I'm so proud of myself...I did 2 straight hours of Zumba.
candylady401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #2778 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 8,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by candylady401 View Post
I'm so proud of myself...I did 2 straight hours of Zumba.
That's great! At home or do you go somewhere to Zumba? I just ordered some Zumba dvd's... however I have not opened them yet I was hoping to learn the steps and then find a class.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #2779 (permalink)
añejo
 
melliedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 28,258
Love this.

A Mother’s Prayer for Its Child By Tina Fey | Write In Color
melliedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #2780 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 53,065
Today I am liking that we have a day off, slept in a bit, had coffee on our deck in the sunshine and have already done a bunch of work outside. Getting ready for summer!

I liked to see that under my peat moss mulches, it looks like all my new plants I planted last summer made it through the winter...always a concern in this climate.
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #2781 (permalink)
añejo
 
Nerak936's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Shore of Baahhstun, Massachusetts
Posts: 23,342
Send a message via MSN to Nerak936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
Today I am liking that we have a day off, slept in a bit, had coffee on our deck in the sunshine and have already done a bunch of work outside. Getting ready for summer!

I liked to see that under my peat moss mulches, it looks like all my new plants I planted last summer made it through the winter...always a concern in this climate.
Sounds like a great day, Maggie - hope you enjoy/ed it!! I'm psyched to see my hostas coming back up and seeing that the pachysandra (sp?) I planted last year is going strong.

Today I liked that the office closed early at 2:00! Got to run some errands which I would've had to do tomorrow. Now I think I'll get changed into my grubbies and go outside in the sunshine (but with a heavy sweatshirt - it's still chilly out there) and pull some weeds in the yard. I'm really looking forward to playing in the dirt when we get back from Playa. It'll be mid-May, so I'll be able to start planting some annuals in planters, etc. I just love doing that stuff!!
Nerak936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #2782 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 53,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerak936 View Post
Sounds like a great day, Maggie - hope you enjoy/ed it!! I'm psyched to see my hostas coming back up and seeing that the pachysandra (sp?) I planted last year is going strong.

Today I liked that the office closed early at 2:00! Got to run some errands which I would've had to do tomorrow. Now I think I'll get changed into my grubbies and go outside in the sunshine (but with a heavy sweatshirt - it's still chilly out there) and pull some weeds in the yard. I'm really looking forward to playing in the dirt when we get back from Playa. It'll be mid-May, so I'll be able to start planting some annuals in planters, etc. I just love doing that stuff!!


I love doing that too....I plant about ten pots and I map out what annuals are going in which pots starting about now....we have to wait until late May, though.

Got only the back yard done, but it's a good start....I left the mulches on after all and just cut the dead stuff down. It's still freezing at night so I think I will leave those mulches on a bit longer. Zone 2 gardening!! Come ON, warm weather!!
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #2783 (permalink)
emc
añejo
 
emc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland, land of hope, heartache and wait till next year
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by melliedee View Post
Me too!
emc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #2784 (permalink)
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: gone
Posts: 10,448
Two things...that four of the most brilliantly colored yellow finches I have ever seen are hanging out on one of our bird feeders....and that my Queen is taking me out for a few beverages and snacks tonight with friends and she is paying....
user 6507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #2785 (permalink)
añejo
 
melliedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 28,258
melliedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #2786 (permalink)
añejo
 
_Josephina_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,488
I like this: "It's like twitter. Except we charge people to use it."
There is some foul language, but still funny!
_Josephina_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #2787 (permalink)
añejo
 
Skiptown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where the Columbia and Snake Meet
Posts: 5,027
Did something I have never done before in my life. Bought a new toilet. Ours was 45 years old and it was time for a new flush. Putting it in tomorrow. Drawing high card to see who gets to try it out first.

Simple pleasures.
Skiptown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #2788 (permalink)
añejo
 
caramba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6,904
Today I really liked escaping the drizzly raw weather back home, seeing the Tucson desert in bloom, going to a farmer's market, and taking part in the PRE-90th-birthday-party festivities for my uncle. (the big party's tomorrow). Dozens of relatives from all over Mexico have been flying and driving in, along with my brother and a few other assorted gringo relatives. I cannot imagine food better than the homemade tres leches cake and flan we just had, but many of my cousins' aunts have been here cooking for a week already for the party. I'm doing my part.... I'm on margarita duty tomorrow.
caramba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #2789 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 53,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramba View Post
Today I really liked escaping the drizzly raw weather back home, seeing the Tucson desert in bloom, going to a farmer's market, and taking part in the PRE-90th-birthday-party festivities for my uncle. (the big party's tomorrow). Dozens of relatives from all over Mexico have been flying and driving in, along with my brother and a few other assorted gringo relatives. I cannot imagine food better than the homemade tres leches cake and flan we just had, but many of my cousins' aunts have been here cooking for a week already for the party. I'm doing my part.... I'm on margarita duty tomorrow.

Sounds great!
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #2790 (permalink)
añejo
 
Skiptown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where the Columbia and Snake Meet
Posts: 5,027
Installed the new toilet, will use way less water. no leaks!!

Ripped out an entire rose garden out front. 8 roses all about 20 years old. Mrs D. is going to put in an herb garden. Beautiful day here, sunshine, clear skies, 70f.
Life is good here.

Off for propane for the BBQ for dinner. Then watching several catch up episodes of "Deadwood" Kick ass western series.
Skiptown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.