Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > Playa del Carmen merchants

Reply

 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011   #61 (permalink)
reposado
 
canadiense loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer,Alberta,Canada
Posts: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
You have to ask?
Of course they will.
Hell...they show junior hockey.
Love The World Junior Hockey Championships !

Babaloo......you should hit PG's later and check out Canada vs Russia for the Gold. Ya never know....you might get hooked.


Go Canada Go !
canadiense loco is offline   Reply With Quote
register to remove these adverts
Old 01-05-2011   #62 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
julie in PA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northwest PA
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
You have to ask?
Of course they will.
Hell...they show junior hockey.
We stopped by here last March one rainy Sunday for a couple of beers and ended up watching a Women's Curling Match with a bar full of Canadians. Quite fun

So - yes I do believe they will show anything sports related.
julie in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #63 (permalink)
reposado
 
canadiense loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer,Alberta,Canada
Posts: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by julie in PA View Post
We stopped by here last March one rainy Sunday for a couple of beers and ended up watching a Women's Curling Match with a bar full of Canadians. Quite fun

So - yes I do believe they will show anything sports related.
Well curling is where I draw the line.
But a bar full of Canadians can often make anything fun.
canadiense loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011   #64 (permalink)
way into it
 
Beach Lounger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Dang...last time I was there, I tipped over in my chair and grabbed the table and brought it and everything on it crashing to the floor.

But you had a good time, that's what counts.

It was nice of you guys to meet us at PG's.

We had a really good time. Maybe not so good the next morning. lol

Did you read the book yet?

Hope we can meet again in May?

Last edited by Beach Lounger; 01-20-2011 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: add
Beach Lounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011   #65 (permalink)
way into it
 
Beach Lounger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappysammy View Post
man, i was trying
the virus was just kicking into high gear
i made it past there at 7 pm on my way to bed for three daze of hacking and blowing my node

sorry i missed out
Yes, We all partied without you.
Sorry you didn't make it.
Hope you got all the books. I forgot some the first trip to PG's, so I left them a week later.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
We were there at 7
Cathy (BeachLounger) was there.
She had books for you for Angel Notion.
It was great to meet you guys.
Thanks for the shots. (I think lol)
Hope you liked all of your prizes.....
We stayed there drinking until closing time with Carrie.

Carrie,
Thanks for the great time. We had a blast chatting with you that night!!!!
Hope we see you again in May.
Beach Lounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011   #66 (permalink)
Sue
aņejo
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 17,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Lounger View Post
But you had a good time, that's what counts.

It was nice of you guys to meet us at PG's.

We had a really good time. Maybe not so good the next morning. lol

Did you read the book yet?

Hope we can meet again in May?
I hope we can meet then, too. The book was a Christmas gift for Rick, but he hasn't read it yet. That reminds me...I need to pay you.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011   #67 (permalink)
life=playa
Merchant
 
solkiss73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Playa del Carmen, Mexico & Calgary, AB.
Posts: 621
Send a message via Skype™ to solkiss73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Lounger View Post
Yes, We all partied without you.
Sorry you didn't make it.
Hope you got all the books. I forgot some the first trip to PG's, so I left them a week later.




It was great to meet you guys.
Thanks for the shots. (I think lol)
Hope you liked all of your prizes.....
We stayed there drinking until closing time with Carrie.

Carrie,
Thanks for the great time. We had a blast chatting with you that night!!!!
Hope we see you again in May.
I had a great time with you guys!! I will for sure see u in May!
solkiss73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011   #68 (permalink)
way into it
 
Beach Lounger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by solkiss73 View Post
I had a great time with you guys!! I will for sure see u in May!

Ya you forgot that you were meeting us for breakfast the next morning. ha ha and were going to make me the best Bloody Mary.... lol

And show me the apartments you rent for my next stay.
Hope you didn't feel to bad that morning.

So in May you will have to do alot of catching up.
Beach Lounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011   #69 (permalink)
reposado
 
rainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calgary and Playa
Posts: 1,292
Send a message via Skype™ to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Lounger View Post
Ya you forgot that you were meeting us for breakfast the next morning. ha ha and were going to make me the best Bloody Mary.... lol

And show me the apartments you rent for my next stay.
Hope you didn't feel to bad that morning.

So in May you will have to do alot of catching up.
I bet...
rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011   #70 (permalink)
life=playa
Merchant
 
solkiss73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Playa del Carmen, Mexico & Calgary, AB.
Posts: 621
Send a message via Skype™ to solkiss73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Lounger View Post
Ya you forgot that you were meeting us for breakfast the next morning. ha ha and were going to make me the best Bloody Mary.... lol

And show me the apartments you rent for my next stay.
Hope you didn't feel to bad that morning.

So in May you will have to do alot of catching up.

LOL.. I could not get my head off of the pillow....
But it was fun..
solkiss73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011   #71 (permalink)
way into it
 
Beach Lounger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by solkiss73 View Post
LOL.. I could not get my head off of the pillow....
But it was fun..
Oh Carrie...... I am really sorry ha ha ha
BUT we did have WAY to much fun. Was a great way to start the vaca.
You had us laughing so hard that night, can't remember about what.

It was EXCATLY what we needed!!!

The picture of you and my husband came out wonderful!
And they have one of me trying to open the room door.
We will be hooking up with you guys again.
This time we WILL make it to the Dirty Martini. My head hurts already. lol

I still have your email(can't read it lol) and cell number, so I will call you.

Thanks again for the great time, you're a great host.
Cathy
PS Chris, Sorry we wern't able to meet. Next time
Beach Lounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011   #72 (permalink)
way into it
 
kenny2skidoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Yukon Canada
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by julie in PA View Post
We stopped by here last March one rainy Sunday for a couple of beers and ended up watching a Women's Curling Match with a bar full of Canadians. Quite fun

So - yes I do believe they will show anything sports related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiense loco View Post
Well curling is where I draw the line.
But a bar full of Canadians can often make anything fun.
Well..... I just asked to set up for the Brier this year, so there may be a "bar full of Canadians"(hey, I resemble that remark!) once more....EH!
"Curling is where I draw the line"??? Curling ROCKS!!
kenny2skidoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #73 (permalink)
way into it
 
billwarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 206
Hi Carrie,

We met back at the Halloween Party (Pirate & Wench here). We chatted for a while outside La Rana. You were with God (remind me what his name is). Anyway, we will be down from Mar 12-20 and I was wondering if PG's will be showing the March madness College BB tournament.

Bill
billwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #74 (permalink)
life=playa
Merchant
 
solkiss73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Playa del Carmen, Mexico & Calgary, AB.
Posts: 621
Send a message via Skype™ to solkiss73
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwarm View Post
Hi Carrie,

We met back at the Halloween Party (Pirate & Wench here). We chatted for a while outside La Rana. You were with God (remind me what his name is). Anyway, we will be down from Mar 12-20 and I was wondering if PG's will be showing the March madness College BB tournament.

Bill

Hi Bill,
Of course I remember.. God was "Chris" (lol).
Yes we will have March Madness on.... Should be good.
So we will see you soon.
solkiss73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #75 (permalink)
way into it
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Anywhere warm and sunny
Posts: 187
Carrie,

Anyone organizing a March Madness pool at the bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solkiss73 View Post
Hi Bill,
Of course I remember.. God was "Chris" (lol).
Yes we will have March Madness on.... Should be good.
So we will see you soon.
CaptainBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.