Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > Introductions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2010   #1 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Marigato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I live in Amsterdam about 10 min from the city centre.
Posts: 3
Peligroso pellirojo con quemadura del sol

Hi all,

Will be visiting Playa del Carmen from 29th Jan till about 17 feb 2011.
Intrested in dancing salsa, learn some more Spanish, attending school in the first week. Visit some of the Maya sites.
I guess a bit of the basic tourist stuff with a twist.
Not into big all incl. resort. etc, rather support locals.

Been around the world, Dutch girls go everwhere!

X,
Marigato
Marigato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #2 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
skywatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Laval, Qc, Canada
Posts: 368
Send a message via Yahoo to skywatcher
Welcome Dutch girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigato View Post
Hi all,

Will be visiting Playa del Carmen from 29th Jan till about 17 feb 2011.
Intrested in dancing salsa, learn some more Spanish, attending school in the first week. Visit some of the Maya sites.
I guess a bit of the basic tourist stuff with a twist.
Not into big all incl. resort. etc, rather support locals.

Been around the world, Dutch girls go everwhere!

X,
Marigato
Bienvenida al forum de Playa, ese es lo mejor! you'll have a ball in Playa, so many things to do and enjoy!
I see you're already set with your spanish course!
My favorite Pyramids in the area is Coba, it's worth a visit for sure. Am not sure if you can still climb it though!
The ruins in tulum are also a nice place to visit and you can swim there also if the ocean is calm...
Espero vas a desfrutar tus Vacationes!
skywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #3 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
robinandmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 301
Check out the ruins at Ek Balaam (sp?).
robinandmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011   #4 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigato View Post
Hi all,

Not into big all incl. resort. etc, rather support locals.

Marigato
Love them or hate them, these create a lot of jobs for Mexican (local) people. By going there on holiday you are supporting the economy more than spending a few euro's in a "local" taqueria.

Last edited by Mexicali; 03-09-2011 at 10:19 PM..
Mexicali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011   #5 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicali View Post
Love them or hate them, these create a lot of jobs for Mexican (local) people. By going there on holiday you are supporting the economy more than spending a few euro's in a "local" taqueria.
Ummm....spending money at the local taqueria supports the local economy.
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011   #6 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
Ummm....spending money at the local taqueria supports the local economy.
Tambien.

Just putting things in perspective.
Mexicali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.