Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > Playa del Carmen merchants
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011   #1 (permalink)
life=playa
Merchant
 
solkiss73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lethbridge, AB.
Posts: 624
Send a message via Skype™ to solkiss73
Live music

PG's Sandbox Bar & Grill

LIVE MUSIC
FRIDAYS 7-11pm
Starting Friday July 1st 4-8pm
CRAZY TOY!!!
Journey, Brian Adams, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Oasis....You name it they will play it..
Sundays 4-7pm
SEE YOU SOON!!
[/color]

Last edited by solkiss73; 06-22-2011 at 09:10 PM..
solkiss73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #2 (permalink)
way into it
 
TriStAlbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 124
Hi Carrie:
Will live entertainment be a continuing Friday evening thing for a while? We're down in three weeks and like Cuyeye playing Reggae/Raggae.
See you and Chris soon!

Ian and Connie
TriStAlbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #3 (permalink)
life=playa
Merchant
 
solkiss73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lethbridge, AB.
Posts: 624
Send a message via Skype™ to solkiss73
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriStAlbert View Post
Hi Carrie:
Will live entertainment be a continuing Friday evening thing for a while? We're down in three weeks and like Cuyeye playing Reggae/Raggae.
See you and Chris soon!

Ian and Connie

I think so... Gonna give it a wirl, see what happens.
solkiss73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #4 (permalink)
aņejo
 
cpfstich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Badger State!
Posts: 16,818
Send a message via Skype™ to cpfstich
We'll be down in 23 days!
cpfstich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011   #5 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calgary and Playa
Posts: 2,279
Send a message via Skype™ to rainmaker
Live Music tonight starting at 7:00 PM with Trish and Chus and then at 8:30 Marco from Jam Session fame at 8:30 with his new group..
rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #6 (permalink)
life=playa
Merchant
 
solkiss73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lethbridge, AB.
Posts: 624
Send a message via Skype™ to solkiss73
[quote=solkiss73;1739566]
PG's Sandbox Bar & Grill

LIVE MUSIC
FRIDAYS 7-11pm
Do you remember Crazy Train & Radioactive Toy???
They have combined their talents into 1 new, great band. CRAZY TOY!!!
Come see them at PG's Friday's 7-11pm & Sundays 4-7pm
SEE YOU SOON!

LIVE MUSIC SUNDAYS 4-7pm
Bring out Family & Friends
solkiss73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #7 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Bryzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 917
just an fyi....we were at PG's on our vacation 2 wks ago for 2 wks....we usually frequent your bar and a few others [yea, we drink alot]
However after our initial stop for a beer on a mid-afternoon,we walked out after 1 beer. The service was non-existent....and then it took us 5 mins to find someone just to pay!
Bryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011   #8 (permalink)
life=playa
Merchant
 
solkiss73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lethbridge, AB.
Posts: 624
Send a message via Skype™ to solkiss73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzee View Post
just an fyi....we were at PG's on our vacation 2 wks ago for 2 wks....we usually frequent your bar and a few others [yea, we drink alot]
However after our initial stop for a beer on a mid-afternoon,we walked out after 1 beer. The service was non-existent....and then it took us 5 mins to find someone just to pay!
Thank You for voicing your concern. I do appreciate any feedback from our customers. This issue has already been addressed in a staff meeting yesterday and I can assure you that if my staff do not take the issue of customer service as #1 then there are going to be some serious changes to staffing.......
Next time you are in Playa stop by and I will buy you a beer!!!!!!!
solkiss73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011   #9 (permalink)
aņejo
 
snappysammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by solkiss73 View Post
Thank You for voicing your concern. I do appreciate any feedback from our customers. This issue has already been addressed in a staff meeting yesterday and I can assure you that if my staff do not take the issue of customer service as #1 then there are going to be some serious changes to staffing.......
Next time you are in Playa stop by and I will buy you a beer!!!!!!!

what is cool is that carrie means it
i spoke with chris about something and the next time i was at PG's the issue had been resolved

writing off this place is a mistake, no place is perfect and the owners of the sandbox are big supporters of all the local charities and great people who deserve your bidness
snappysammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011   #10 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
StevedeSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Xcalacoco
Posts: 273
They still have my favorite shrimp tacos, two huge shrimp with tamarindo sauce.
StevedeSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011   #11 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Bryzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by solkiss73 View Post
Thank You for voicing your concern. I do appreciate any feedback from our customers. This issue has already been addressed in a staff meeting yesterday and I can assure you that if my staff do not take the issue of customer service as #1 then there are going to be some serious changes to staffing.......
Next time you are in Playa stop by and I will buy you a beer!!!!!!!
I will return Carrie......and you don't have to buy me a beer...lol
thanks for responding and reacting.....you will get our business again...next year.
Bryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011   #12 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Bryzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappysammy View Post
what is cool is that carrie means it
i spoke with chris about something and the next time i was at PG's the issue had been resolved

writing off this place is a mistake, no place is perfect and the owners of the sandbox are big supporters of all the local charities and great people who deserve your bidness
I hear you......and pleased to hear that the owners heard my complaint.
I would not have said anything for so-so service, I am patient..believe me.
Bryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011   #13 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,903
The first few times we went to Playa, the service at PG's was not so hot. But, over the past couple of years, it has been excellent. I give my friends a list of 3 bars to hit when they are in Playa, and PG's is one of the 3. Nicely done guys.
January Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011   #14 (permalink)
life=playa
Merchant
 
solkiss73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lethbridge, AB.
Posts: 624
Send a message via Skype™ to solkiss73
Quote:
Originally Posted by January Guy View Post
The first few times we went to Playa, the service at PG's was not so hot. But, over the past couple of years, it has been excellent. I give my friends a list of 3 bars to hit when they are in Playa, and PG's is one of the 3. Nicely done guys.

Thank You So Much!!! We appreciate feedback from customers, good or bad so we can make changes and improve in what ever areas are necessary..
solkiss73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #15 (permalink)
way into it
 
Groliv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 197
We can't wait to visit PG's. My hubby is hoping you've stocked up on the Canadian Club!! That's the only thing he drinks. Does not even like Crown Royal. And you gotta have gingerale too! You would think gingerale is everywhere, but we've been away to places and they only had 7up or sprite.
Looking forward to drinks at PG's!!
Groliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.