Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011   #1 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Bryzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 917
Beer Bucket

We used to be regulars every year at the BB, but stopped going there as often after Sharky/ Ron sold it......
well this year I decided to give it a try again......well the beer was very cold and the service was the best of all the bars we frequent!!!

The service at 2 other places we frequent has dropped to bieng almost non-excistent...I won't mention the places.....but as much as they disappointed me, the BB was a nice surprise....I will return!
Bryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #2 (permalink)
añejo
 
angelhouston819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dallas (Addison) Texas
Posts: 10,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzee View Post
We used to be regulars every year at the BB, but stopped going there as often after Sharky/ Ron sold it......
well this year I decided to give it a try again......well the beer was very cold and the service was the best of all the bars we frequent!!!

The service at 2 other places we frequent has dropped to bieng almost non-excistent...I won't mention the places.....but as much as they disappointed me, the BB was a nice surprise....I will return!
Beer Bucket was the first bar i drank at in Playa back in 2003!! would spend almost every night there. don't go as often now, but since it's right around the corner from where i'll be staying in May...i plan on going there more!! plus, i just love Edith and they make their La Pinta shots really cold!!
angelhouston819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #3 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Bryzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelhouston819 View Post
Beer Bucket was the first bar i drank at in Playa back in 2003!! would spend almost every night there. don't go as often now, but since it's right around the corner from where i'll be staying in May...i plan on going there more!! plus, i just love Edith and they make their La Pinta shots really cold!!
I didn't see Edith there this year, we were there atleast 5 times.....don't know if she is still there, but the guy managing when we were there was very deligent and both chicas waiting on us were awesome!
Beer Bucket was my first bar stop also, on our first trip to Playa in 2003!!!
Maybe we were there at the same time....
Bryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #4 (permalink)
añejo
 
angelhouston819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dallas (Addison) Texas
Posts: 10,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzee View Post
I didn't see Edith there this year, we were there atleast 5 times.....don't know if she is still there, but the guy managing when we were there was very deligent and both chicas waiting on us were awesome!
Beer Bucket was my first bar stop also, on our first trip to Playa in 2003!!!
Maybe we were there at the same time....
she was on vacation in March, but she's back in Playa now. hmmmm...what month were you there in 2003? my first time that year was May.
angelhouston819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #5 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Bryzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelhouston819 View Post
she was on vacation in March, but she's back in Playa now. hmmmm...what month were you there in 2003? my first time that year was May.
first time was Feb,2003 .......usually go late Feb to mid March, this year was a bit later
Bryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #6 (permalink)
añejo
 
angelhouston819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dallas (Addison) Texas
Posts: 10,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzee View Post
first time was Feb,2003 .......usually go late Feb to mid March, this year was a bit later
i've been in those months, but just can't now as that's in the middle of tax season!!
angelhouston819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #7 (permalink)
añejo
 
cpfstich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Badger State!
Posts: 16,817
Send a message via Skype™ to cpfstich
We haven't been there for awhile either, we'll have to get there this trip. Besides,
I have two license plates on the wall at BB!
cpfstich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #8 (permalink)
añejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,498
i was there on new years eve around 9pm and they were out of beer,,, they were serving warm beer in cans a pacifico at that.....
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #9 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Bryzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mackay View Post
i was there on new years eve around 9pm and they were out of beer,,, they were serving warm beer in cans a pacifico at that.....
well believe me I wasn't drinking warm cervesa......it was all very cold
Bryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #10 (permalink)
reposado
 
PAUL250268's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mackay View Post
i was there on new years eve around 9pm and they were out of beer,,, they were serving warm beer in cans a pacifico at that.....
That would not have happened during the Jez era.

Paul
PAUL250268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #11 (permalink)
añejo
 
mrsr05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawn guyland
Posts: 1,893
haha i saw BB and thought you meant bad boys until of course i remembered the thread title (DUH me!)

where is this beer bucket you speak of... hubs and i are bad boy junkies but always up for a new drinking spot!
mrsr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #12 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 75,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelhouston819 View Post
she was on vacation in March, but she's back in Playa now. hmmmm...what month were you there in 2003? my first time that year was May.
That was our first time also - early May, 2003
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #13 (permalink)
añejo
 
Bluespicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: PdC
Posts: 5,708
The BB charged me an extra five pesos for a beer in the second floor. Plus a friend had issues getting his change for a 500....took him 45 minutes and a bit of a hassle to finally get his change.
Bluespicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #14 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,041
beer bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluespicker View Post
The BB charged me an extra five pesos for a beer in the second floor. Plus a friend had issues getting his change for a 500....took him 45 minutes and a bit of a hassle to finally get his change.
its always good idea to report these things to either Edith or Kiki. I had the same thing happen to friends of mine regarding the extra five pesos on the second floor-I reported it and that person no longer works there. These things cant be fixed unless its reported. I have had issues almost every bar we have went to over the years.
maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #15 (permalink)
añejo
 
Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Home of the HUSKERS !
Posts: 6,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsr05 View Post
haha i saw BB and thought you meant bad boys until of course i remembered the thread title (DUH me!)

where is this beer bucket you speak of... hubs and i are bad boy junkies but always up for a new drinking spot!
calle 10 between 5th & 10th can't miss it
Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.