Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Administrative > Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011   #1 (permalink)
aņejo
 
mrsr05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawn guyland
Posts: 1,893
off topic threads

i cant seem to arrow back in these threads... at the end of the last page (248?) i try to go back to see earlier threads and the only place i get taken to is 2004?

please help.. i know i clearly am doing something wrong... i recall that there was a womans thread that i am searching for ... but my little brain cant seem to get me there
mrsr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #2 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsr05 View Post
i cant seem to arrow back in these threads... at the end of the last page (248?) i try to go back to see earlier threads and the only place i get taken to is 2004?

please help.. i know i clearly am doing something wrong... i recall that there was a womans thread that i am searching for ... but my little brain cant seem to get me there
"arrow" back to what threads?
Last page of what?
Taken to 2004?
As you can see, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #3 (permalink)
aņejo
 
mrsr05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawn guyland
Posts: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
"arrow" back to what threads?
Last page of what?
Taken to 2004?
As you can see, I have no idea what you are talking about.

and you wonder why i cant get where i want to go?? haha lol i cant even explain what i dont understand... totallly drives my hub crazy.. god bless his heart!

okay so in the general off topic threads i am trying to see the previous pages of older threads.. but every time i attempt to see older threads that are not shown on the current page, i get rerouted to threads from 2004 sorry and thank you so much for taking the time to assist my feeble minded self
mrsr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #4 (permalink)
aņejo
 
gingele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 12,825
Send a message via Skype™ to gingele
If you go to the front page of the forum HERE

Scroll down until you find a sub-forum called "General Off-Topic Stuff" and click on that, which will take you to this page here.

Notice on the far right side of the screen almost at the top of the page, (just under the spot where you see the "welcome, username" and your last visit & private message info) is a small bar with "page 1 of 248" and then a bunch of clickable numbers? That is how you scroll through page by page of past threads. There's also a page number bar at the bottom of the page.

If I am interpreting your "girlspeak" correctly, I think the thread you are looking for is the girly girls' beauty thread and it is located right in the middle on page 5.
gingele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #5 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,588
So, you are trying to find off topic info that is seven years and older?
Perhaps the General Off Topic Forum was started in 2004.
I that's not it, I haven't a clue.

Last edited by Babaloo; 04-02-2011 at 06:33 PM..
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #6 (permalink)
aņejo
 
mrsr05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawn guyland
Posts: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingele View Post
If you go to the front page of the forum HERE

Scroll down until you find a sub-forum called "General Off-Topic Stuff" and click on that, which will take you to this page here.

Notice on the far right side of the screen almost at the top of the page, (just under the spot where you see the "welcome, username" and your last visit & private message info) is a small bar with "page 1 of 248" and then a bunch of clickable numbers? That is how you scroll through page by page of past threads. There's also a page number bar at the bottom of the page.

If I am interpreting your "girlspeak" correctly, I think the thread you are looking for is the girly girls' beauty thread and it is located right in the middle on page 5.

LOVE YOU!!! haha i am actually looking for the one on menopause etc...but your help is priceless...

hahaaa.. hubby would have been proud that i didnt refer to anything as a "thingy" and then have the audacity to get mad when he doesnt understand what i mean!!

thanks so much!
mrsr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #7 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingele View Post
If you go to the front page of the forum HERE

Scroll down until you find a sub-forum called "General Off-Topic Stuff" and click on that, which will take you to this page here.

Notice on the far right side of the screen almost at the top of the page, (just under the spot where you see the "welcome, username" and your last visit & private message info) is a small bar with "page 1 of 248" and then a bunch of clickable numbers? That is how you scroll through page by page of past threads. There's also a page number bar at the bottom of the page.
.
EDIT: Ok, I haven't a clue what the Mrs. was doing.

Last edited by Babaloo; 04-02-2011 at 06:34 PM..
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #8 (permalink)
aņejo
 
gingele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 12,825
Send a message via Skype™ to gingele
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsr05 View Post
LOVE YOU!!! haha i am actually looking for the one on menopause etc...but your help is priceless...

hahaaa.. hubby would have been proud that i didnt refer to anything as a "thingy" and then have the audacity to get mad when he doesnt understand what i mean!!

thanks so much!

Oh well if it is that specific, then you can go to advanced search (by clicking on the term "advanced search" in the search pop-up window) and that will take you to this screen here. Put the term "menopause" as the keyword in the search. Make sure you check the show results as POSTS (not threads). If you do that, you come up with a list of all posts containing your search term. The posts will also show what thread they were made in - so you'll get both types of information: specific post containing the keyword AND thread it was made in.

Running this exact search (see results here), I found that on the first page of the results, the fourth hit down, there is a thread titled "PMP - a whine for us women of a certain age". That might be what you are looking for?

Last edited by gingele; 04-02-2011 at 06:43 PM..
gingele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #9 (permalink)
aņejo
 
mrsr05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawn guyland
Posts: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
EDIT: Ok, I haven't a clue what the Mrs. was doing.

now you sound like MR05!! he just shakes his head... sorry rick
mrsr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #10 (permalink)
aņejo
 
mrsr05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawn guyland
Posts: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingele View Post
Oh well if it is that specific, then you can go to advanced search (by clicking on the term "advanced search" in the search pop-up window) and that will take you to this screen here. Put the term "menopause" as the keyword in the search. Make sure you check the show results as POSTS (not threads). If you do that, you come up with a list of all posts containing your search term. The posts will also show what thread they were made in - so you'll get both types of information: specific post containing the keyword AND thread it was made in.

Running this exact search (see results here), I found that on the first page of the results, the fourth hit down, there is a thread titled "PMP - a whine for us women of a certain age". That might be what you are looking for?

thats it!! thank you so much... did i mention i love you!??!!
mrsr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #11 (permalink)
aņejo
 
gingele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 12,825
Send a message via Skype™ to gingele
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsr05 View Post
thats it!! thank you so much... did i mention i love you!??!!
Why thank you. It helps to be fluent in girlspeak.
gingele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #12 (permalink)
aņejo
 
mrsr05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawn guyland
Posts: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
So, you are trying to find off topic info that is seven years and older?
Perhaps the General Off Topic Forum was started in 2004.
I that's not it, I haven't a clue.

you are sooooo close... actually in keeping in line with my dimwittedness, i failed to realize that the higher the number of the page, the older the threads/posts so now that amy has shown me the light, i am navigating around quite easily...lol

thanks for tolerating me
mrsr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #13 (permalink)
aņejo
 
mrsr05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawn guyland
Posts: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingele View Post
Why thank you. It helps to be fluent in girlspeak.

it most certainly does... and i have found exactly what i am looking for with your help!
mrsr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.