Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Trip Reports > Trip Reports: US and Canada
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011   #46 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 40 miles south east of Boston
Posts: 7,497
Hi Tim and Dee Dee, what a great trip, awesome pictures and a very


"Happy Anniversary"
Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #47 (permalink)
aņejo
 
MikeW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moorpark, CA
Posts: 14,083
Great report.
Happy Anniversary.
MikeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #48 (permalink)
life=playa
 
cazador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SE Minnesota
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
Hi Tim and Dee Dee, what a great trip, awesome pictures and a very

"Happy Anniversary"
Thanks Ranger, guess I've been away from Playa.info for a while and am just seeing this now...
We missed you guys this year in December as we weren't able to make a December Playa trip work out


Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Great report.
Happy Anniversary.
Thanks Mike, I think if I lived where you do I'd make a few more trips to Hawaii . Hope to see you and Bonnie again someday in Playa again

Tim
cazador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #49 (permalink)
aņejo
 
cmsitaly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 4,746
Nice report Tim! A lot of those places look really familiar. The pic of Dee Dee's pancakes in that last one were all too familiar. That sauce!!
Glad you had a good time
cmsitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #50 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,671
I don't know how I missed this! Great report, thanks! Happy New Year, Tim and Dee Dee.
Jacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #51 (permalink)
life=playa
 
cazador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SE Minnesota
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsitaly View Post
Nice report Tim! A lot of those places look really familiar. The pic of Dee Dee's pancakes in that last one were all too familiar. That sauce!!
Glad you had a good time
Thanks Chris.....and a big thank you for your help in the planning


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
I don't know how I missed this! Great report, thanks! Happy New Year, Tim and Dee Dee.
Thanks Jack and a Happy New Year to you and Linda too

Tim
cazador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #52 (permalink)
life=playa
 
sharkbait's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 693
So glad I found this Tim. We just returned from our 1st trip to Hawaii and also stayed in Kaanapali. Your itinerary and thoughts were so similar to ours. Did you see any turtles snorkeling at Black Rock????? They were larger and more "rugged" (whatever that means) than the ones in Akumal.

We ended up spending most of our beach time in SW Maui because of weather issues in Kaanapali. The beaches on that side were very nice and different in that there were many smaller beaches instead of the one large beach that Kaanapali has. Our Mustang was Red.

If you would like a more laid back less commercialized Hawaiian experience you may want to give Kauai a look see on your next visit. Don't get me wrong I loved Maui but Kauai was more for the nature lovers I'd say. Both are beautiful spots in their own ways.

Happy Belated Anniversary.
sharkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #53 (permalink)
life=playa
 
cazador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SE Minnesota
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
So glad I found this Tim. We just returned from our 1st trip to Hawaii and also stayed in Kaanapali. Your itinerary and thoughts were so similar to ours. Did you see any turtles snorkeling at Black Rock????? They were larger and more "rugged" (whatever that means) than the ones in Akumal.

We ended up spending most of our beach time in SW Maui because of weather issues in Kaanapali. The beaches on that side were very nice and different in that there were many smaller beaches instead of the one large beach that Kaanapali has. Our Mustang was Red.

If you would like a more laid back less commercialized Hawaiian experience you may want to give Kauai a look see on your next visit. Don't get me wrong I loved Maui but Kauai was more for the nature lovers I'd say. Both are beautiful spots in their own ways.

Happy Belated Anniversary.

Hi Sharkbait,

Thanks....

I did not see any turtles by Black Rock. We talked with a couple on the way home that did see a lot of turtles further north though.

Wasn't a convertible a great car to have there...

We have been to Kauai too. We only spent a couple days and nights there though. On that trip, 11 years ago or so, we spent most of our time on Oahu with my wife's sister and husbands family. He was in the military and stationed there. Anyway, I would say that Kauai is my favorite island out of the four that we were lucky to have been able to visit, but they are all well worth it to go to.

Tim
cazador is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.