Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > Charity and fundraising
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2013   #1501 (permalink)
añejo
 
bigbadleroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Playa del carmen, QR
Posts: 3,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playaheaste View Post
It is with great sadness that we announce that former PAR dog MAX has passed over the Rainbow Bridge today. Everyone at PAR is heartbroken of losing such a well known resident of Playa. Max was a long term resident at various shelters over the years, but was lucky enough to enjoy his final months in a furever home with Amorita, Barida and his buddy Shahab. Thank you for giving Max the the best quality of life at dog could ever have!



<3 keeping you ALL in my thoughts, heart and prayers!!! Bardia, Amorita and Shahab thank you for adopting an older dog and giving him the ONLY home he ever had!!! <3
bigbadleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #1502 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central IL
Posts: 530
Thank you Bardia, Amorita and Shahab for adopting Max and giving him such a loving home during his last days. Max was a special dog, and you are a special family.
prbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #1503 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 7,956
I am so heartbroken to read this news about Max. A huge thank you to Amorita, Barida and of course to sweet little Shahab for being his best friend. Thank you for taking him in and giving him a loving home for the last months of his life.
LucyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #1504 (permalink)
añejo
 
Paw'boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Adventure Port
Posts: 2,663
Both Lisa and I are so sad to hear this, she is bawling as I write. I always loved that dog from the first day I met him at the oldest Peanut shelter. So stoic and strong, yet loving and tolerating of being badgered by others. He left while in a wonderful, loving home, what more can one ask for....

Now, he is young again and everyday is a play day. God speed Maxy.
Paw'boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013   #1505 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
DreamsOfGlory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18
Kittens need home!

Hi, I live in playa since 6 years ago, the thing is I moved to a new place where and there is a cat that had 4 kittens that I cant adopt, my land lady sayd very energic that I cant keep them and I have been triying by all means to find a place for them in Andale magazine, friends, facebook, but nobody answer, I dont want to dump this kittens on the street but I just cant keep them if somebody can help me whit this situation would be a huge relief, thanks in advance:

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/594/c1xl.jpg
DreamsOfGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013   #1506 (permalink)
añejo
 
lauraraikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: playa del carmen
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGlory View Post
Hi, I live in playa since 6 years ago, the thing is I moved to a new place where and there is a cat that had 4 kittens that I cant adopt, my land lady sayd very energic that I cant keep them and I have been triying by all means to find a place for them in Andale magazine, friends, facebook, but nobody answer, I dont want to dump this kittens on the street but I just cant keep them if somebody can help me whit this situation would be a huge relief, thanks in advance:

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/594/c1xl.jpg
Hi, unfortunately Coco's is overfull but we can offer you the following help for free:

Our program to help you help the rescued kittens and cats in need.

With over 14,000 cats and kittens on the streets of Playa del Carmen alone Coco’s Cat Rescue is overwhelmed with kittens most of the time. As we do not have a shelter and only have space for 15-20 kittens at any one time we are almost always full.

Why Coco’s Cat Rescue is full at times:
Coco’s Cat Rescue has very strict quarantine rules. When a new kitten arrives at Coco’s Cat Rescue it must be kept separate from other kittens for at least 15 days meanwhile the kitten undergoes treatment for parasites and receives its first vaccine. There are also many other contagious conditions like a virus or skin conditions like ring worm or mange which require a longer quarantine. We only have 2 kitten play rooms for healthy kittens and 1 bathroom for quarantine at Coco's.

We can not put new kittens with the healthy ones that have already been through quarantine or we would have a bunch of sick parasite infested kittens. Some illness’s are life threatening and by putting one sick kitten in a room with 10 other healthy ones we could end up loosing them all!

We prefer to have 20 healthy kittens than 50 sick ones even if this means having to say no to people who ask us to take in more rescued kittens. But please don’t forget that we still offer a lot of assistance and support to those we can not accept at a certain time.

When one kitten gets re-homed we can then rescue another. We do our best to help as many kittens as possible which is why we want to let everyone know how we can help you if we are full and can’t accept the kittens/cats you have rescued.

This is why we have started this program and hope to be able to help and assist more people to be able to foster and take responsibility for finding homes for the kittens they find or rescue.

How Coco's Can Help You:
When kittens can not be taken in by Coco's due to space being full we can assist you with these things:
  • Free spay and neuter
  • Free first rabies vaccinations.
  • Free deparasite meds
  • Free general exam for rescued animal with Coco's Vet
  • Free meds/help if the rescued kitten is injured
  • Free kitten milk, bottle and a lesson on how to care for younger kittens who can not eat by themselves.

We do not offer vaccinations or general exams for people’s pets. This is an agreement we have made with all the local vets who still need to earn a living. This is for rescued kittens only that have not yet been adopted.

We can always help with all of the above for rescued kittens. Sometimes the only thing we can’t do is take them in to Coco’s Cat Rescue due to lack of space. We then encourage you to make posters for the kittens that you have rescued advertising that they are healthy, spayed/neutered and vaccinated. This way we hope it is easier for you to find them homes. We also have a poster template that you are welcome to use.

Why Coco's is Not a Shelter
Coco's mission is not to be a shelter, we help kittens as space allows and focus on Spaying and neutering which addresses the bigger/ongoing problem. There will never be a shelter big enough for all the cats and kittens on the streets which is why Coco’s Cat Rescue chooses not to become a shelter and to focus on spay and neuter. This way we are preventing the problem and in the long run preventing the unwanted animals on the streets from being born. When you look at the statistics of how there are over 14,000 cats on the streets in Playa alone it is crucial that we focus on spay and neuter.

We get phone calls daily asking us to take in more kittens and a lot of the times we have to say no due to lack of space. But we are able to give advise on what to do and how to do it. Sometimes it is just a lack of knowing what to do when people find a stray on the streets. We also know if a person calls with a homeless kitten or cat that they too have a heart to try to help. We need their help too. The numbers needing help are impossible for Coco's to handle all of them. We are grateful for all the other locals and tourists looking out for the animals.

Coco’s Cat Rescue will continue to rescue as many kittens as possible but we do have limitations. We will also continue to focus on spay and neuter.

We ask pet owners to pay 300 pesos to get their cat or dog spayed or neutered to cover costs if they can. However if people can not afford 300 pesos any donation helps and of course we always offer free spay and neuter for those who can not afford any donation for both pet dogs and cats.

We also offer free spay and neuter for any rescued dogs and cats too.
Please help us spread the word and this way we can help more animals.
Spay and neuter is the only solution!

Coco’s works via appointment only. To arrange an appointment for help with your rescued kittens please e-mail info@cocoscatrescue.org

Once you have started the program with us and the kittens are spayed and healthy it would be great if you can make fliers and posters with their photos saying that they are already spayed, vaccinated etc and stick the posters up all over town. Especially in vet and pet shops. I am sure you will find it easier to get them adopted this way.
__________________



Visit our facebook fan page

Info@cocoscatrescue.org
cel.984 12 00 572

http://www.cocoscatrescue.org
lauraraikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013   #1507 (permalink)
añejo
 
bigbadleroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Playa del carmen, QR
Posts: 3,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraraikes View Post
Hi, unfortunately Coco's is overfull but we can offer you the following help for free:

Our program to help you help the rescued kittens and cats in need.

With over 14,000 cats and kittens on the streets of Playa del Carmen alone Coco’s Cat Rescue is overwhelmed with kittens most of the time. As we do not have a shelter and only have space for 15-20 kittens at any one time we are almost always full.

Why Coco’s Cat Rescue is full at times:
Coco’s Cat Rescue has very strict quarantine rules. When a new kitten arrives at Coco’s Cat Rescue it must be kept separate from other kittens for at least 15 days meanwhile the kitten undergoes treatment for parasites and receives its first vaccine. There are also many other contagious conditions like a virus or skin conditions like ring worm or mange which require a longer quarantine. We only have 2 kitten play rooms for healthy kittens and 1 bathroom for quarantine at Coco's.

We can not put new kittens with the healthy ones that have already been through quarantine or we would have a bunch of sick parasite infested kittens. Some illness’s are life threatening and by putting one sick kitten in a room with 10 other healthy ones we could end up loosing them all!

We prefer to have 20 healthy kittens than 50 sick ones even if this means having to say no to people who ask us to take in more rescued kittens. But please don’t forget that we still offer a lot of assistance and support to those we can not accept at a certain time.

When one kitten gets re-homed we can then rescue another. We do our best to help as many kittens as possible which is why we want to let everyone know how we can help you if we are full and can’t accept the kittens/cats you have rescued.

This is why we have started this program and hope to be able to help and assist more people to be able to foster and take responsibility for finding homes for the kittens they find or rescue.

How Coco's Can Help You:
When kittens can not be taken in by Coco's due to space being full we can assist you with these things:
  • Free spay and neuter
  • Free first rabies vaccinations.
  • Free deparasite meds
  • Free general exam for rescued animal with Coco's Vet
  • Free meds/help if the rescued kitten is injured
  • Free kitten milk, bottle and a lesson on how to care for younger kittens who can not eat by themselves.

We do not offer vaccinations or general exams for people’s pets. This is an agreement we have made with all the local vets who still need to earn a living. This is for rescued kittens only that have not yet been adopted.

We can always help with all of the above for rescued kittens. Sometimes the only thing we can’t do is take them in to Coco’s Cat Rescue due to lack of space. We then encourage you to make posters for the kittens that you have rescued advertising that they are healthy, spayed/neutered and vaccinated. This way we hope it is easier for you to find them homes. We also have a poster template that you are welcome to use.

Why Coco's is Not a Shelter
Coco's mission is not to be a shelter, we help kittens as space allows and focus on Spaying and neutering which addresses the bigger/ongoing problem. There will never be a shelter big enough for all the cats and kittens on the streets which is why Coco’s Cat Rescue chooses not to become a shelter and to focus on spay and neuter. This way we are preventing the problem and in the long run preventing the unwanted animals on the streets from being born. When you look at the statistics of how there are over 14,000 cats on the streets in Playa alone it is crucial that we focus on spay and neuter.

We get phone calls daily asking us to take in more kittens and a lot of the times we have to say no due to lack of space. But we are able to give advise on what to do and how to do it. Sometimes it is just a lack of knowing what to do when people find a stray on the streets. We also know if a person calls with a homeless kitten or cat that they too have a heart to try to help. We need their help too. The numbers needing help are impossible for Coco's to handle all of them. We are grateful for all the other locals and tourists looking out for the animals.

Coco’s Cat Rescue will continue to rescue as many kittens as possible but we do have limitations. We will also continue to focus on spay and neuter.

We ask pet owners to pay 300 pesos to get their cat or dog spayed or neutered to cover costs if they can. However if people can not afford 300 pesos any donation helps and of course we always offer free spay and neuter for those who can not afford any donation for both pet dogs and cats.

We also offer free spay and neuter for any rescued dogs and cats too.
Please help us spread the word and this way we can help more animals.
Spay and neuter is the only solution!

Coco’s works via appointment only. To arrange an appointment for help with your rescued kittens please e-mail info@cocoscatrescue.org

Once you have started the program with us and the kittens are spayed and healthy it would be great if you can make fliers and posters with their photos saying that they are already spayed, vaccinated etc and stick the posters up all over town. Especially in vet and pet shops. I am sure you will find it easier to get them adopted this way.
thanks Laura I was just going to ask her to get in contact with you
bigbadleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #1508 (permalink)
añejo
 
bigbadleroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Playa del carmen, QR
Posts: 3,733
Hilo was just adopted and freaked last night when someone shot fireworks nearby. He escaped his collar and took off running. Last time he was seen was about 10:30 on Tuesday night at Ave 35 and Calle 22. Please share this info to help find Hilo. He's a sweet boy. Reward!!!
bigbadleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #1509 (permalink)
añejo
 
patfstich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadleroy View Post
Hilo was just adopted and freaked last night when someone shot fireworks nearby. He escaped his collar and took off running. Last time he was seen was about 10:30 on Tuesday night at Ave 35 and Calle 22. Please share this info to help find Hilo. He's a sweet boy. Reward!!!
Hilo is still missing in Playa. There will be people continuing the search tonight. The new owner, and a very good supporter, Maureen are offering a reward totaling 1700 pesos (134.00 US) for anyone that can find him. We have a potential sighting last night near the motocross track along the highway. Please keep you eyes open for this boy. He is very friendly and not aggressive, but will be very frightened.
patfstich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #1510 (permalink)
añejo
 
patfstich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,953
Hilo is still missing in Playa

Last edited by patfstich; 08-01-2013 at 12:01 PM..
patfstich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #1511 (permalink)
añejo
 
patfstich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,953
patfstich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #1512 (permalink)
life=playa
 
MRSHOLLYWOOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: stuck in Dallas, sadly not in PDC
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by patfstich View Post
paws crossed for you sweet baby!
MRSHOLLYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #1513 (permalink)
añejo
 
bigbadleroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Playa del carmen, QR
Posts: 3,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by patfstich View Post
Hilo is still missing in Playa
bigbadleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #1514 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 7,956
how sad. I wonder if someone is hiding him, that is why you have not been able to find him??
LucyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013   #1515 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
dave&cindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 263
This is terrible wish we were there to help look for Hilo good good luck to everybody that is searching fingers crossed
dave&cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.