Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > Charity and fundraising
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012   #1036 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 7,956
A big thank you to Sarah for all her help at PAR

And continued thoughts and prayers to Lil Joe!

Have the doggie washes started up yet? We will be there this weekend and were looking forwrad to these.
LucyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1037 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Home of the HUSKERS !
Posts: 6,113
Update on lil' Joe from himynameisjan !

Joe went to the Vet today, and he has lost weight. That was not unexpected as most of the calories are going to getting his body systems up and running again. As soon as he is a bit better, some of those calories will go to putting on weigh...t. He is starting to grow hair again, is no longer running a fever and no longer has worms. He is a fighter, and we hope he will be strong enough soon to start treatment for his heartworm disease. Once that is taken care of we can start the plan for repairing the fistula in his mouth. Baby steps Joe.
Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1038 (permalink)
reposado
 
Cocotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Utah!
Posts: 1,280
Send a message via Skype™ to Cocotel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck View Post
Update on lil' Joe from himynameisjan !

Joe went to the Vet today, and he has lost weight. That was not unexpected as most of the calories are going to getting his body systems up and running again. As soon as he is a bit better, some of those calories will go to putting on weigh...t. He is starting to grow hair again, is no longer running a fever and no longer has worms. He is a fighter, and we hope he will be strong enough soon to start treatment for his heartworm disease. Once that is taken care of we can start the plan for repairing the fistula in his mouth. Baby steps Joe.
Keep getting stronger, Joe! You're in my prayers, little one!
Cocotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1039 (permalink)
aņejo
Merchant
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: playa del carmen...urgh
Posts: 10,193
we love you Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck View Post
Update on lil' Joe from himynameisjan !

Joe went to the Vet today, and he has lost weight. That was not unexpected as most of the calories are going to getting his body systems up and running again. As soon as he is a bit better, some of those calories will go to putting on weigh...t. He is starting to grow hair again, is no longer running a fever and no longer has worms. He is a fighter, and we hope he will be strong enough soon to start treatment for his heartworm disease. Once that is taken care of we can start the plan for repairing the fistula in his mouth. Baby steps Joe.
Anna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1040 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Home of the HUSKERS !
Posts: 6,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyE View Post
A big thank you to Sarah for all her help at PAR

And continued thoughts and prayers to Lil Joe!

Have the doggie washes started up yet? We will be there this weekend and were looking forwrad to these.

Not quite yet Lucy ! But once we are ready to go I will start up another thread announcing the day & time and how transportation will work to and fro from the shelter ! Thank you for asking !

In the meantime we can always use some help on the weekends as Carlos works 1/2 day and is off on Sunday ( i believe ). send himynameisjan a PM here on PI .... OR on FB ( if you are "friends" ) OR send a message to our FB page : playaanimalrescue
Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1041 (permalink)
aņejo
 
patfstich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,953
New PAR Residents!

Marianne from Dog Holiday called and said someone had dumped three puppies in a hole near their business. We had one quarantine pen open, so we agreed to take them. They were taken directly straight to the Vet. Oscar says they are 2 to 2 1/2 months old. they all have worms, and have been treated. They tested negative for distemper, but will be in quarantine for 15 days. Their names are Sarita, Christa and Erik. Two girls, one boy. They will be small to medium size dogs, they currently weigh 1.5 Kg. They are all settled into The shelter.



Sarita


Erik


Christa


Erik and Sarita


Christa


Christa and Sarita
patfstich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1042 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 7,956
Thanks for the info Duck.

Oooohhh those babies are just precious! So glad that they are now safe.
LucyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1043 (permalink)
Sue
aņejo
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 18,225
I sigh and swoon a little every time I see this photo:

Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1044 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Playapup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Easton, MA and Playacar
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by patfstich View Post
Marianne from Dog Holiday called and said someone had dumped three puppies in a hole near their business. We had one quarantine pen open, so we agreed to take them. They were taken directly straight to the Vet. Oscar says they are 2 to 2 1/2 months old. they all have worms, and have been treated. They tested negative for distemper, but will be in quarantine for 15 days. Their names are Sarita, Christa and Erik. Two girls, one boy. They will be small to medium size dogs, they currently weigh 1.5 Kg. They are all settled into The shelter.



Sarita


Erik


Christa


Erik and Sarita


Christa


Christa and Sarita
Oh my these 3 lb babies are beautiful. So happy there was a quarantine run for them. Big praise to all those helping down there. I know that there is a need for volunteers to feed dogs and clean up once a month. Carlos, the caretaker works six days so Saturday late afternoon, Sunday morning, and Sunday evenings we need assistance. It adds up to about 5 hours, once a month. It is actually fun and training is provided! Rick and Sue, Jan and Erik and me and Sue (when we are there) will be taking shifts. A few more volunteers will make this sooo much more fun!
Playapup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #1045 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Home of the HUSKERS !
Posts: 6,113
lil' Joe update as given by himynameisjan : May 4, 2012

****Little Joe Update****
Jan has discovered that there is nothing wrong with Joe's sense of smell. His appetite may be back, but if there is any trace of medicine in his food, he turns his nose up at it. His energy level continues to improve, he's walking a bit more every day, but his weight continues to worry us. The vet has given the OK to feed him more at each meal, so hopefully this will help to put some weight on him. He likes to lay out in the sun, but without any fur, his skin could burn, so a little at a time.
Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #1046 (permalink)
aņejo
 
equinenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Franklin, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I sigh and swoon a little every time I see this photo:

I wanna do raspberries on that pink little tummy!
equinenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012   #1047 (permalink)
aņejo
 
patfstich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,953
Little Joe

****Little Joe Update****
Joe's appetite remains good! He gets excited when he hears his meals being prepared, such a great sign! He is smart, and knows when his medications are hidden in the food.
He likes his playtime in the yard, and has even started to run a little! He tires quickly, and enjoys his naps just as much.
We're hoping to get more pictures soon, but Joe's foster parents (Jan and Erik) have been VERY busy.
patfstich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012   #1048 (permalink)
aņejo
 
patfstich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinenut View Post
I wanna do raspberries on that pink little tummy!
I know!!
patfstich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012   #1049 (permalink)
aņejo
 
patfstich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,953
Midge

****Midge****
Midge, who traveled to Canada 2 weeks ago, has been adopted!!!
Lucky Midge has found her furever home. We are so happy for her, another happy ending!

patfstich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012   #1050 (permalink)
aņejo
 
patfstich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,953
Kayley

Kayley is showing everyone how much she loves the new PAR shalter!

patfstich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.