Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > Changarros y más...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2011   #1 (permalink)
reposado
 
sonofdob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: in the wind...
Posts: 1,416
Question King of the Grill

anyone familiar with King of the Grill...near the PDC airport I believe...always on the look out for a good burger and have heard that they have one worth checking out......sonofdob
sonofdob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #2 (permalink)
añejo
 
queencityfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 3,397
Maybe this is the restaurant at the Weber grill store? It is on the airport road on the left hand side, not too far from 15th, heading out to 307.

I just read the other day about what great burgers theyhave.
queencityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #3 (permalink)
añejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by queencityfan View Post
Maybe this is the restaurant at the Weber grill store? It is on the airport road on the left hand side, not too far from 15th, heading out to 307.

I just read the other day about what great burgers theyhave.

That iis exactly what I was thinking. King of the Grill is just the Weber Grill store and not sure they serve food............but maybe.

Last edited by absoluteAL; 10-05-2011 at 09:09 AM..
absoluteAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #4 (permalink)
way into it
 
lil_kissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: playa del carmen, mexico
Posts: 247
if it is the weber store, the do serve food- at least they did. i ate there in may. i had ribs, and my husband had some kind of steak. it was decent.
lil_kissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #5 (permalink)
reposado
 
sonofdob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: in the wind...
Posts: 1,416
I think that it is attached / affiliated with the Weber outlet...I guess if anyone checks out the burger please update us all...if not I'll take on the task in 143 days......sonofdob
sonofdob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #6 (permalink)
añejo
 
Robinhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,086
Yes they serve grilled foods and pretty darn good. I suggest the burger its 100 % angus and the salmon on a cedar plank was delicious.The beer is the coldest i have ever had in Playa served in a frosty mug.Good value too.
Robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #7 (permalink)
reposado
 
sonofdob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: in the wind...
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
Yes they serve grilled foods and pretty darn good. I suggest the burger its 100 % angus and the salmon on a cedar plank was delicious.The beer is the coldest i have ever had in Playa served in a frosty mug.Good value too.
thanks Robinhood......it is the burger that I am after but can't hurt to follow with a cold beer......we'll check it out for sure...sonofdob
sonofdob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #8 (permalink)
añejo
 
Big Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary AB
Posts: 1,954
For the life of me I cannot think HOW this is a good location
If they had an entrance to that building from the Playacar side - with some signage even () maybe they would see some more traffic...walkers.
I'v never even heard of the place (just about the Weber store but certainly not any food place) and we are just on the other side of that building! For sure very few people walk up the Aviacion Ave, particularly looking for eats.
As it is so close (except the fact I think we have to walk all the way round) we will check it out next time.
Anyone know their hours?
Big Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #9 (permalink)
way into it
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fish View Post
For the life of me I cannot think HOW this is a good location
If they had an entrance to that building from the Playacar side - with some signage even () maybe they would see some more traffic...walkers.
I'v never even heard of the place (just about the Weber store but certainly not any food place) and we are just on the other side of that building! For sure very few people walk up the Aviacion Ave, particularly looking for eats.
As it is so close (except the fact I think we have to walk all the way round) we will check it out next time.
Anyone know their hours?
Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

More importantly, good directions to find the place as well
Emosh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #10 (permalink)
añejo
 
Big Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary AB
Posts: 1,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emosh73 View Post
Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

More importantly, good directions to find the place as well
Located on Aviacion Ave (aka airport rd) that runs parallel between airport strip and Playacar's north end from Hway 307 all the way to Plaza Antigua on 10 Ave/entrance to Playacar. There is a new building (only one) on the south side of the rd about half way between 15 Ave and the Playacar nazi gate half way down the rd. I assume they might have parking underground or something as you can't park on Aviacion Ave and there is no entrance on the backside of the building into Playacar
Big Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.