Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > Changarros y más...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2011   #1 (permalink)
añejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,535
Holy Cannoli!!!!!

Denato (Pummarola) should open his new Italian deli and pizza joint, Holy Cannoli !!, this week. Located on AV. 5 between calle 24 and 26.
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #2 (permalink)
añejo
 
snappysammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,064
wow, this sounds legit
do you think he plans on keeping this one going??

how many different things has he had in that spot now?
snappysammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #3 (permalink)
añejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappysammy View Post
do you think he plans on keeping this one going??

Yeah, right.
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #4 (permalink)
añejo
 
snappysammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post

Yeah, right.

well in that case, i vote for a lavanderia next
snappysammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #5 (permalink)
añejo
 
mrsr05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawn guyland
Posts: 1,893
how long have the 3 of you lived in playa? i know snappy has lived in many locales, but al and rick.. what part of the states did you live in before you moved to playa? what motivated you to move there? besides the obvious i guess...
mrsr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #6 (permalink)
añejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsr05 View Post
how long have the 3 of you lived in playa? i know snappy has lived in many locales, but al and rick.. what part of the states did you live in before you moved to playa? what motivated you to move there? besides the obvious i guess...
I lived in Charlotte, Atlanta, New York, Philadelphia, St. Louis, San Francisco, New Orleans, Greenville, SC and...hmmm...I might be missing some places.
I've been here five years.
I moved here for a girl...errr...woman
I married another one <3
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #7 (permalink)
añejo
 
mrsr05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawn guyland
Posts: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
I lived in Charlotte, Atlanta, New York, Philadelphia, St. Louis, San Francisco, New Orleans, Greenville, SC and...hmmm...I might be missing some places.
I've been here five years.
I moved here for a girl...errr...woman
I married another one <3

thats really cool rick... i have always just lived in ny so i am always fascinated by others travels...

not sure who the first girl was but i do know the gal you married is a sweetheart...lucky man!
mrsr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #8 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Halitosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteAL View Post
Denato (Pummarola) should open his new Italian deli and pizza joint, Holy Cannoli !!, this week. Located on AV. 5 between calle 24 and 26.
We got here two days ago and have yet to see this place open.

Maybe we're just not going past at the right time. But then we live at 5th & 30th so we walk by often.
Halitosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #9 (permalink)
añejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteAL View Post
Denato (Pummarola) should open his new Italian deli and pizza joint, Holy Cannoli !!, this week. Located on AV. 5 between calle 24 and 26.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
We got here two days ago and have yet to see this place open.
Maybe it did open and it has already closed.
That wouldn't surprise me.
Seems to be the m.o. for Denato on that corner.
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #10 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Halitosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
Maybe it did open and it has already closed.
That wouldn't surprise me.
Seems to be the m.o. for Denato on that corner.
Too bad

This neighborhood could use another Italian restaurant.
Halitosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #11 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Mauiwowie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I am the wind! (Regina, Sask.)
Posts: 285
We have walked by it each evening for the last week and there are no signs of life.
Mauiwowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #12 (permalink)
añejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,535
It was open New Years eve but the food was coming from Pummarola which is just down the street. I asked Denato about Holy Cannoli and he told me that it was his son's project/deli. Maybe his son is lazy or spends to much time at Evolve. It is ready to open because all equipment is in - but it is not open at this time.
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #13 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Halitosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 403
Preparing to re-open?

We walked by last night and there were lights on inside, but the doors were not open.
Halitosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.