lost on fifth
Join Date: Jan 2012
Another 'genera' question about RIU-Topia features.
• Welcome cocktail
• Unlimited International drinks
• In-room liquor dispenser
• Unlimited dining at specialty restaurants
• In-room mini bar re-stocked regularly
• In-room safe
• Signature Hour from 4pm-5pm
• WiFi access in the lobby area
• 20% off select Signature local excursions
• Spa discount of $20 USD/person
Extra Riu Palace Services
• 24-hour room service
• Unlimited Premium brand drinks
• Champagne breakfast daily
• Poolside waiter beverage service
• Nightly turn-down service
• In-room coffee maker
These 'extra features' are all included with my price as paid through Signature, correct?
Will the safes hold my 13 inch macbook pro? And do people suggest not bringing electronics like a laptop or is theft really not a worry.
Travel Insurance Tester
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Joisey Shore
I don't know much about Signature but those services you listed are what everyone is entitled to. Tour operators sometimes offer gimmicky perks that really don't amount to all that much. The only thing I see on there that wouldn't apply to someone else is the spa and excursion discount (although many US tour operators have the spa discount) and the "Signature Hour" - whatever that might be I'm not sure. Wifi in the lobby is now limited to 90 minutes per day and then there is a charge.
Theft can be an issue anywhere, but people travel with their lap tops, phones, jewelry, etc. Just make sure it's secure before leaving the room. I would think your laptop will fit in the safe but you can also bring a lock for your luggage and if it doesn't fit, lock it in your suitcase. I never use hotel safes, ever, and have been locking things in my suitcase for years without any issues whatsoever.