lost on fifth
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Iowa-Go Hawks
IowaGal back from Grand Princess Riveria--a review and thanks all!
My trip ended last night when I landed back in Chicago after 9pm.
Thank you to all who answered questions for me!
1) We travelled with a group of friends and we just really enjoyed them and meeting folks from all over the world.
2) The pools are super nice--and well maintained
3) The staff was really great. The main pool bar staff of course seemed overwhelmed at times-but still nice.
4) Beverages were awesome. Didn't need light beer--
5) There was food 24 hours--even if it was only burgers fries and nachos at the sports bar. Buffet lunch areas cloe to the beach so you did not have to go to main house.
6) Top shelf liquor available to all at the lobby bar--got to try fancy stuff!
7) I regretted not taking my stay from 7 nights to 9 when I had the opportunity for not much more money
8) I regret delaying my booking to wait for a better deal when my friends all got swim up rooms I could not. The swim rooms really were nicely laid out there--no one really used the areas unless they had a swim up room--for a group or people wanting a quieter swim it would be worth it. They got a good price on them too I thought. We usually do no go for a room upgrade since we are rarely there, but here I would have to be with my group.
Not so positives:
1) Restaurant reservation system. Booking for two did not seem too much easier than trying to get 10 and it took us an hour to get anything booked and I felt sorry for people behind us. We were prepared too--room numbers, etc. The restaurants were fine and seemed to be on par with other resorts as far as food quality. Just not as flexible as one would really like while vacationing in my opinion.
2) Very regimented about what you can and cannot order in restaurants. You can't pass on the appetizer and hope for a soup and salad--or just get two entrees and pass on other stuff etc.
3) The beach. Not much for snorkelling and water really murkey. They need to buiild some breakers to clear things up or something. To the left of the resort some much clearer water and less kelp, etc. As we walked the beach to the right and the left the other resorts seemed to do a much better job at manicuring their beach. There is a TON of kelp in that particular area.
BUT there is a A LOT of seating at the beach. And the seating area is well staffed and kept neat. They serve burgers, dogs and Nachos from 11-4 and they can serv a lot of people.
Hope that helps someone!
|register to remove these adverts|
Join Date: Oct 2003
Excellent IowaGal - glad it all worked out. I'm heading there with my family next week (our second time around), and not looking forward to the a la carte reservation process. Would you happen to know the office hours of the a la carte reservation office is opened at? Also, do you think they are at full occupancy now? Thanks