Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012   #61 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiense loco View Post
Yes I saw your "Central Alberta" tag. We will definitely be there and yes we will see you at Rob and Murray's usual hangouts.
I have yet to make it to one Rob's BBQ's but this is the year.
This is our first Christmas away from home.
We arrive on the 19th and on December 20th we will be at the bottom of 4th on the beach.

YES YOUR COMING TO A BARBEQUE FOR SURE..and msn is a very nice person
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #62 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogmom View Post
Hey Rob, if you go to Puerto Morelos to snorkel while we're there, can the BF and I tag along??

YES of course,,ill guide you out to the reef,,,its a very nice reef i like it more than akumal cause its a bit deeper
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #63 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
pleah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Langley, BC Canada
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrsay185 View Post
Whoooo! The highway just reopened. The contingency plan won,t be needed. (Contingency Plan - Check the lottery tickets and if I was a big winner I would hire a private jet)

Pleah your crossed fingers worked. We'll need to get together for drinks when you and John are in Playa. See you there.

Not sure we're gonna make it to Playa this time. We;re staying on Isla Mujeres with friends and don't know if we can convince them to do a daytrip. We'll see though!
pleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #64 (permalink)
aņejo
 
canadiense loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer,Alberta,Canada
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mackay View Post
YES YOUR COMING TO A BARBEQUE FOR SURE..and msn is a very nice person
I am so looking forward to it Rob!
canadiense loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #65 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiense loco View Post
I am so looking forward to it Rob!

yes its going to be a fun day,,,i like to do it once a week,,,,i think mur is in the air as we speak...
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #66 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central Alberta Canada
Posts: 279
I did not not get a a call or message so I am assuming all is well and Mur and Heather are in flight. The Welcoming Committee, aka Cathy is likely preparing for their arrival!
MsNSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #67 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central Alberta Canada
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiense loco View Post
Yes I saw your "Central Alberta" tag. We will definitely be there and yes we will see you at Rob and Murray's usual hangouts.
I have yet to make it to one Rob's BBQ's but this is the year.
This is our first Christmas away from home.
We arrive on the 19th and on December 20th we will be at the bottom of 4th on the beach.
I have spent Christmas at the beach a couple of times. It is muy relaxing no stress. I arrive a few days after you and have figured out where you hang! See ya there.
MsNSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #68 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNSol View Post
I did not not get a a call or message so I am assuming all is well and Mur and Heather are in flight. The Welcoming Committee, aka Cathy is likely preparing for their arrival!

if you hear from thems please tell them to let me know,,,,is cathy stayin at debs this winter ?
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #69 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central Alberta Canada
Posts: 279
Will do. Cathy has a variety of options from which to choose! Not sure that is all sorted out yet. Lol.
MsNSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #70 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,471
still no mur ?
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #71 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central Alberta Canada
Posts: 279
Sometimes the welcoming committee......oh just got an email he has arrived!

Last edited by MsNSol; 12-02-2012 at 08:26 PM..
MsNSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #72 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNSol View Post
Sometimes the welcoming committee......oh just got an email he has arrived!

oh thats great news.....
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #73 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Murrsay185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mackay View Post
still no mur ?

Arrived and in the condo, no problemo. The flight was early, through the airport in 45 minutes. We past the ADO booth and asked about buying tickets at the bus stop. The little fibber said no only there. I knew better. So we tried for a transfer but no inexpensive deal so off to the ADO. This time there was a gate but the security let us in and there was the ADO stand. Bought the ticket and 20 minutes later we are off to Playa. Found Cathy and a bucket of beer and met the condo guy. I can see your BBQ. The building is filling up, looks like 12 of 20 have occupants. More pictures on the way. Lots of changes in town.

Murrsay185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #74 (permalink)
aņejo
 
canadiense loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer,Alberta,Canada
Posts: 2,085
Just a bit jealous as I just finished shovelling my driveway for the second time in 12 hours.
Enjoy ! See ya on the beach in a couple weeks.
canadiense loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #75 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrsay185 View Post
Arrived and in the condo, no problemo. The flight was early, through the airport in 45 minutes. We past the ADO booth and asked about buying tickets at the bus stop. The little fibber said no only there. I knew better. So we tried for a transfer but no inexpensive deal so off to the ADO. This time there was a gate but the security let us in and there was the ADO stand. Bought the ticket and 20 minutes later we are off to Playa. Found Cathy and a bucket of beer and met the condo guy. I can see your BBQ. The building is filling up, looks like 12 of 20 have occupants. More pictures on the way. Lots of changes in town.


hey thats great the barbeque is still there, someone must have moved it back up onto the patio,,,so whats the scoop on the bus tickets, used to get them right from the driver and then last year there was a little stand set up out beside the bus,,,,glad you made it old buddy, another couple of weks we should have near a full house
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.