Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Trip Reports > Trip Reports: All-Inclusive Resorts in the Riviera Maya
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013   #16 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfinc View Post
The poster JetSet76 is attempting to get the hotel to pay her to stop posting, she bragged on Trip Advisor that there were over 300 google entries of the alleged theft.

The poster originally wrote a review on TA claiming that the hotel refused to let her use a $100 spa credit given to her by her travel provider. Thus the hotel was rated poor.

She then attempted (her own words) to submit 4 more reviews that were all declined (Same IP Address) by trip advisor.

Then started the posting campaign on TA, multiple threads all slightly different, all basically claiming that she left the hotel without a word about any money missing from the safe.



She said originally that her husband did not carry cash and that she was in charge of the finances. Her husband did not know the safe password and could not access the safe. (Really?)

She called the hotel once at home claiming $340.00 was missing from her wallet and that it could have possible gone missing from the safe. (Confirmed truth)

The hotel manager launched an investigation into room 1144, pulled the server records for the safe. This is a new hotel and all safes are tied into a computer server. The manager determined that the safe was only opened by her uniquie password and at times when there was no one other than this customer and/or her husband in the room. (Keycards)

The hotel advised the customer of this fact, case closed and the name smear began.

At one point a new poster was created by the Jetset76, that claimed to be the husband and he made the claim that the hotel had caught the thief and that the hotel was offering to pay it back to them on the condition that they stop posting.

The hotel confirmed to a TA Memeber that no such agreement had been made and no theft had occured, in their honest belief.

Once that was discovered the poster came back using multiple fake names and continued to post slams again the hotel, all have been removed by TA.
from? Are you making up your own imaginary story?
Jetset76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #17 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
Are you saying you called the hotel and they gave some random person (you) details on my reported incident to them? If so, that is another problem on its own! The hotel cannot release confidential guest information to random people who are not involved with the hotel or this reservation.

@jcfinc

Last edited by Jetset76; 01-02-2013 at 02:27 AM.. Reason: Typo
Jetset76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #18 (permalink)
beach geek
admin
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 10 year Playa resident lost in Sweden
Posts: 12,967
Anyway, take these stories with a handful of salt.

and, as always, use this as your guide to internet reviews:
__________________
Get your own signature countdown image!

james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #19 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Medford, Oregon
Posts: 10
Re: JetSet76

Her rant has also been pulled from Foder's & Flyertalk as well, however here is a post she made on a blog, this says alot about the poster.

"I just had the same experience when I tried posting a negative review for Paradisus La Perla in Playa del Carmen. My review was never posted and was even removed from the contributions section. The hotel's housekeeping stole money out of my room safe and I had proof of it. I have contacted Tripadvisor for an explanation of why they did not post my review, and they never replied to any of my emails. I just realized that Tripadvisor is a complete scam, and hotel owners have ways of wiping out negative reviews. We need to spread the word not to trust Tripadvisor. They will not post negative reviews and the whole website is just bogus. Travelers need to know about this and they should be sued as they are profiting from this. They do not even respond to emails written to them. I used to use them to get ideas about properties I was thinking of visiting, but now I realized they are full of sh*t and can't be trusted. They get paid by hotel owners to raise rankings for their properties and it is mostly used as an advertising campaign. The real negatives never get published. DO NOT RELY OR TRUST TRIPADVISOR RATINGS."
jcfinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #20 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Medford, Oregon
Posts: 10
Angry Re: JetSet76

Think about this statement:

"The hotel's housekeeping stole money out of my room safe and I had proof of it"

There is no proof to support theft, however the hotel does have proof that the theft never occurred.

Were you hoping to have your hotel maid fired? All this over a $100 spa credit, move on with your life

JetSet76: You lost your right to privacy once you made libelous claims and the matter was brought to a public forum by you.
jcfinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #21 (permalink)
US Consular Agent PdC

 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 15,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfinc View Post

Were you hoping to have your hotel maid fired? All this over a $100 spa credit, move on with your life
This would be just the worst thing in the world, to falsely report a theft and get an innocent, poor person fired.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #22 (permalink)
way into it
 
texas kaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 144
Heather, I couldn't agree more!

Seriously, let's say that $340 was actually taken. That sucks. It shouldn't happen. Ever. However, that is life. Sometimes people take things that do not belong to them. But get real, you were fortunate to go on a vacation and stay at La Perla (not cheap). $340 is not going to break you. Get over it. Live your life and be happy. There are so many other terrible things going on in this world to worry about. You should try to direct some energy elsewhere.

For the record, I think this person's actions on multiple forums have shown they are a little off their rocker and honestly dont believe any money was ever stolen.
texas kaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #23 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Y2YTraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfinc View Post
Her rant has also been pulled from Foder's & Flyertalk as well, however here is a post she made on a blog, this says alot about the poster.

"I just had the same experience when I tried posting a negative review for Paradisus La Perla in Playa del Carmen. My review was never posted and was even removed from the contributions section. The hotel's housekeeping stole money out of my room safe and I had proof of it. I have contacted Tripadvisor for an explanation of why they did not post my review, and they never replied to any of my emails. I just realized that Tripadvisor is a complete scam, and hotel owners have ways of wiping out negative reviews. We need to spread the word not to trust Tripadvisor. They will not post negative reviews and the whole website is just bogus. Travelers need to know about this and they should be sued as they are profiting from this. They do not even respond to emails written to them. I used to use them to get ideas about properties I was thinking of visiting, but now I realized they are full of sh*t and can't be trusted. They get paid by hotel owners to raise rankings for their properties and it is mostly used as an advertising campaign. The real negatives never get published. DO NOT RELY OR TRUST TRIPADVISOR RATINGS."
Interestingly, she posted the above to a website which claims to be dedicated to exposing bogus negative reviews & otherwise defending property owners from fraudulent & vindictive TA reviews......
Y2YTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #24 (permalink)
Uno
PROUD RANDOMITE

 
Uno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Western Oregon in the rain
Posts: 23,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
This would be just the worst thing in the world, to falsely report a theft and get an innocent, poor person fired.
On our last visit we had an issue with a reservation being cancelled and separately, a fight in the room next door to us that management wouldn't respond to. (Not an argument. A full on fist fight with walls slamming and furniture breaking.) We made some noise to management over the next couple of days about these issues.

One morning, Victor (our maid) said "You no like my cleaning? Supervisor say you complain. Victor! They complain!" Poor guy. They took the management complaints and just aimed them at the workers. He brought his supervisor by the next morning for me to talk with. I also left a rave review of his services in writing for him. He was deathly afraid he was going to lose his job over something that had nothing to do with him.
Uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #25 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
As I've said I am not here to justify anyone's continous rambling. As for jfcinc, any person in their right mind who will read your "account" of my story should clearly see that you made absolutely zero sense. You have no factual evidence and just hating on me. Following me on the entire www, shows that you have an obsessed fascination with me - you must be a "crazy fan".

Also you left out many important details to have your fictious story try to put me down...

Believing someone as rediculous as you, got to mean the person believing your story is as delusional as you made yourself appear!

Last edited by Jetset76; 01-02-2013 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: typo
Jetset76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #26 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfinc View Post
Think about this statement:

"The hotel's housekeeping stole money out of my room safe and I had proof of it"

There is no proof to support theft, however the hotel does have proof that the theft never occurred.

Were you hoping to have your hotel maid fired? All this over a $100 spa credit, move on with your life

JetSet76: You lost your right to privacy once you made libelous claims and the matter was brought to a public forum by you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jcfinc, Can you please re-read what "you" wrote, because this is borderline schizophrenia! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001925/

"I lost my right to privacy" Really?!!! --- LOL

Last edited by Jetset76; 01-02-2013 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: added link to meaning of schizophrenia
Jetset76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #27 (permalink)
aņejo
 
gingele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 12,825
Send a message via Skype™ to gingele
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas kaki View Post
Heather, I couldn't agree more!

Seriously, let's say that $340 was actually taken. That sucks. It shouldn't happen. Ever. However, that is life. Sometimes people take things that do not belong to them. But get real, you were fortunate to go on a vacation and stay at La Perla (not cheap). $340 is not going to break you. Get over it. Live your life and be happy. There are so many other terrible things going on in this world to worry about. You should try to direct some energy elsewhere.

For the record, I think this person's actions on multiple forums have shown they are a little off their rocker and honestly dont believe any money was ever stolen.
I have no idea if the OP's story is true or not. However, I don't need to hold an opinion on the truth of the matter to take exception to this sentiment (bolded above).

It's NOT OK to be a victim of theft. A victim is a victim, regardless of whether or not the amount in question is (in your subjective opinion) sufficient enough to matter. It is particularly irrelevant as to whether (again, in your subjective opinion) the victim could "afford" the loss because they must be rich enough. Neither of those factors matter.

It is one thing to simply say "I don't believe you," and another thing entirely to say "If you were a victim of a crime, just get over it."
gingele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #28 (permalink)
way into it
 
texas kaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 144
I see your point gingele. "Get over it" was strongly worded.

I think I am coming from a place of this person has blasted La Perla, and by extension a certain employee and there is no way to verify the authenticity of this story. I, too, worry that there will be repercussions of this posters constant spewing of hate filled posts on many forums.

I have been reminded more so lately, that I am alive and healthy and lucky to have what I have. And, was trying to shed that light on someone else. However strong my wording.

I have been a victim of theft and its ugly, but I had to let the hate go.
texas kaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #29 (permalink)
life=playa
 
jslowrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Danville ca
Posts: 595
The biggest problem for me was her comments about the local people and how it was a Public beach and anything could happen with them on the beach
jslowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #30 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Y2YTraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslowrider View Post
The biggest problem for me was her comments about the local people and how it was a Public beach and anything could happen with them on the beach
She also referred to herself as a "prestige traveller" & implied that she deserved better treatment as such.....
Y2YTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.