Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Trip Reports > Trip Reports: All-Inclusive Resorts in the Riviera Maya
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2013   #61 (permalink)
life=playa
 
MrsFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyE View Post
May crazies week is what it was called this year. It is just a bunch of fabulous people who get together the first weekend of May..... We've been going for about 3 years now. Some peeps have been going longer than that. One year we did both a night time bar crawl and a beach bar crawl during our week there. This year was the beach bar crawl... although I'm sure some peeps got together for a night time bar crawl. Some of us also took a trip to Isla Mujeres this year. That was a lot of fun. We've also done day trips to Ziggy's Beach in Tulum, which are fun also. HTH
That sounds fun! If we end up booking 5/2-5/9 I might try to get more info and meet up at some point (asuming it's an open invitation type of thing). We enjoy good company and drinks on the beach so why not combine the two!!
MrsFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #62 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 7,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFresh View Post
That sounds fun! If we end up booking 5/2-5/9 I might try to get more info and meet up at some point (asuming it's an open invitation type of thing). We enjoy good company and drinks on the beach so why not combine the two!!
Yes it is an open invitation. Always a fun time meeting new peeps!

There is a thread that has been started under the Peeps section, right now is more like a sign up of peeps that will be in town that week. Nothing has been planned as of yet for bar crawls or peep meets. Keep an eye out for it as we will start adding activities either on there or under a separate thread under the Peeps section as we get closer to May.
LucyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #63 (permalink)
life=playa
 
MrsFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
I finally remembered to scan and upload the map we got at check in. It's more to scale than the other maps (which don't give a good perspective of the quiet pool area in relation to the rest of the resort):

MrsFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #64 (permalink)
way into it
 
Pamski6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montoursville, PA
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFresh View Post
I finally remembered to scan and upload the map we got at check in. It's more to scale than the other maps (which don't give a good perspective of the quiet pool area in relation to the rest of the resort):
That's it...I'm ready to go back...
Pamski6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #65 (permalink)
life=playa
 
MrsFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Ugh you and me both! It's literally all I can think about. I've stopped researching non-AI's for the time being because all I want is some flank steak from Pelicano's, spring rolls from Asiana's, Celia to bring me drinks at the quiet pool and some coconute ice cream from sweet Maggy...IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!?!?

I'm praying to the time-off gods that my sisters girlfriend gets her schedule for 2014 this week so we can all figure out when we're heading down there. Not sure if they're staying with us but I don't care...I NEED another 7 nights at RPDC.
MrsFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #66 (permalink)
way into it
 
Pamski6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montoursville, PA
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFresh View Post
Ugh you and me both! It's literally all I can think about. I've stopped researching non-AI's for the time being because all I want is some flank steak from Pelicano's, spring rolls from Asiana's, Celia to bring me drinks at the quiet pool and some coconute ice cream from sweet Maggy...IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!?!?

I'm praying to the time-off gods that my sisters girlfriend gets her schedule for 2014 this week so we can all figure out when we're heading down there. Not sure if they're staying with us but I don't care...I NEED another 7 nights at RPDC.
Funny you posted this...I had just looked AGAIN at all of my pictures and read 1/2 of my trip report. I've never wanted to go back somewhere in my life. The flank steak is something I NEED as well as the tempura shrimp and spring rolls from Asiana, of course the coconut ice cream, tacos and chiliquiles. 260 days and counting for us. I can't wait.
Pamski6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #67 (permalink)
life=playa
 
MrsFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamski6 View Post
Funny you posted this...I had just looked AGAIN at all of my pictures and read 1/2 of my trip report. I've never wanted to go back somewhere in my life. The flank steak is something I NEED as well as the tempura shrimp and spring rolls from Asiana, of course the coconut ice cream, tacos and chiliquiles. 260 days and counting for us. I can't wait.
See now that's just mean mentioning the tempura shrimp...I just had a lean cuisine but could eat 50 of those shrimp right now.

I really do think I have a problem though...all day everyday I think about the people that are there now and how much I'd love to be there..rain or shine. Not just at RPDC but in town and on the beach...I think I might have to move there some day.
MrsFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #68 (permalink)
way into it
 
Pamski6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montoursville, PA
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFresh View Post
...I think I might have to move there some day.
We totally love the area too. We've talked about it. But it's just not realistic to think that the "vacation" feeling would happen day in and day out. And who would make my bed everyday, bring me drinks by the water and cook for me?

On the flip side, think how many "friends" you would have popping out of the woodwork that would want to come visit!
Pamski6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #69 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
blondeshady2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 10
We just got back and it was amaze-balls. To be honest, I don't know why we waited so long to go back. Already talking about going back in June to be sure we get hot sunny weather every day.
blondeshady2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #70 (permalink)
life=playa
 
MrsFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeshady2001 View Post
We just got back and it was amaze-balls. To be honest, I don't know why we waited so long to go back. Already talking about going back in June to be sure we get hot sunny weather every day.
I LOL'd at amaze balls! Post some pics up in a Trip Report if you feel up to it!

My husband turns 35 next June...I'm trying to convince him that he deserves a trip just for his birthday. He just started his own business so our issue is time to which I just remind him how amazing the wifi is there
MrsFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #71 (permalink)
life=playa
 
MrsFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamski6 View Post
We totally love the area too. We've talked about it. But it's just not realistic to think that the "vacation" feeling would happen day in and day out. And who would make my bed everyday, bring me drinks by the water and cook for me?

On the flip side, think how many "friends" you would have popping out of the woodwork that would want to come visit!
That's what Doug says about moving there so I just end up telling him that he either A) better quickly hire a full time employee with his business or B) he better support my solo trips because as soon as I hit 4 weeks of vacation time I full intend to spend 3 of those weeks as close to PDC (and hopefully RPDC) as possible.
MrsFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #72 (permalink)
way into it
 
Pamski6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montoursville, PA
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFresh View Post
That's what Doug says about moving there so I just end up telling him that he either A) better quickly hire a full time employee with his business or B) he better support my solo trips because as soon as I hit 4 weeks of vacation time I full intend to spend 3 of those weeks as close to PDC (and hopefully RPDC) as possible.
I soo think you guys should do June! I'd love to be there the same time as ya'll. We leave June 11 and leave on the 19th next year!
Pamski6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #73 (permalink)
life=playa
 
MrsFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamski6 View Post
I soo think you guys should do June! I'd love to be there the same time as ya'll. We leave June 11 and leave on the 19th next year!
I will work on it for sure because we want full sun! After I showed him your TR he said "see those are the kind of people you vacation with..you know..normal ones that are there to have fun" haha.
MrsFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #74 (permalink)
way into it
 
Pamski6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montoursville, PA
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFresh View Post
I will work on it for sure because we want full sun! After I showed him your TR he said "see those are the kind of people you vacation with..you know..normal ones that are there to have fun" haha.
I just laughed out loud. Thank God I work from home and no one heard me but the dogs.

We are pretty normal and adventurous. We'll eat about anything and drink about anything. And we aren't "leaches" if you know what I mean...hey, we run into you, we run into you. You do your thing, we'll do our thing
Pamski6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #75 (permalink)
life=playa
 
MrsFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamski6 View Post
I just laughed out loud. Thank God I work from home and no one heard me but the dogs.

We are pretty normal and adventurous. We'll eat about anything and drink about anything. And we aren't "leaches" if you know what I mean...hey, we run into you, we run into you. You do your thing, we'll do our thing
Hey a positive attitude would be all that I would care about! The more I think about this years trip the more determined I am to make up for it as many times as possible. We tried to think of a single 12-hour period that wasn't full of a bad attitude or needless drama and we couldn't (except for the days we were there early/alone). So sad to waste such an investment being a negative Nancy.
MrsFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.