Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Administrative > Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2013   #1 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8
Why did my posts get lost?

I wrote the same post twice and it showed up for one second and then disappeared . It was today about nationalizing a car I response to an original post about nationalizing or buying a Canadian car. It is frustrating to work hard on something and then have it disappeared.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #2 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I wrote the same post twice and it showed up for one second and then disappeared . It was today about nationalizing a car I response to an original post about nationalizing or buying a Canadian car. It is frustrating to work hard on something and then have it disappeared.
Your last post was five hours ago - a short response about due diligence.
You only have three others so they aren't hard to find.
Posts don't get lost. Perhaps you "timed out" before you hit "submit"
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #3 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8
Lost again

Well , since that last post about due diligence I've lost three rather detailed posts about the same thing. When I click post comment, the message I receive is that I'm not logged in even though I am, and when I push log in, the website disappears along with my post. I saw it once fleetingly, but when I returned to the website it wasn't there.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #4 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8
Red face Timing out

How long do you have before timing out and how do you retrieve a post that timed out.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #5 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
How long do you have before timing out and how do you retrieve a post that timed out.
Hit the "back" button.
You can choose the option of staying logged in when logging in.
Next time create the message in"Word" (or whatever), then copy and paste into your post. That way, if you "lose" it, you still have the message to try again.
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #6 (permalink)
Uno
PROUD RANDOMITE

 
Uno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Western Oregon in the rain
Posts: 23,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Well , since that last post about due diligence I've lost three rather detailed posts about the same thing. When I click post comment, the message I receive is that I'm not logged in even though I am, and when I push log in, the website disappears along with my post. I saw it once fleetingly, but when I returned to the website it wasn't there.
That's happened to me several times. Usually it's as stated. I took too long writing the post. When the queue comes up that you are not online, re-sign in, in the bottom box. If you sign in again in the upper left corner, it signs you up without saving the post. (At least that's been my experience.) But I have no idea why.

Last edited by Uno; 11-25-2013 at 11:09 PM..
Uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #7 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
Hit the "back" button.
You can choose the option of staying logged in when logging in.
Next time create the message in"Word" (or whatever), then copy and paste into your post. That way, if you "lose" it, you still have the message to try again.

Or, just copy your post before you hit 'submit reply'...no need for Word at all that way.

I get timed out all the time when writing posts, but all I do is log back in and when I do, the post I was trying to post, always posts.....

Sounds like this could depend on the user's different settings on their own computer, maybe, since Uno has the opposite experience? Although this happens to me no matter which computer I am on. Weird?
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.