Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2017   #31 (permalink)
life=playa
 
claudiadeplaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Playa I ♥ playa
Posts: 984
Send a message via MSN to claudiadeplaya Send a message via Skype™ to claudiadeplaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfl*s queen View Post
Well, did anyone do this excursion? It looks like everyone talked about doing it, but no feedback after?

TIA
My friends just did the Isla Mujeres catamaran cruise they really loved it, it costs 55 USD per person but includes roundtrip transportation from Playa
Isla Mujeres Snorkeling tour
Includes Round trip transportation
Snorkeling at the reef
Cat shark visit
Open bar on board, spinaker
Lunch Buffet and drinks
Free time at the beachclub
Shopping time Isla Mujeres
claudiadeplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017   #32 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 74,871
Link, please.


Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiadeplaya View Post
My friends just did the Isla Mujeres catamaran cruise they really loved it, it costs 55 USD per person but includes roundtrip transportation from Playa
Isla Mujeres Snorkeling tour
Includes Round trip transportation
Snorkeling at the reef
Cat shark visit
Open bar on board, spinaker
Lunch Buffet and drinks
Free time at the beachclub
Shopping time Isla Mujeres
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017   #33 (permalink)
añejo
 
mfl*s queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Far North Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 2,977
Yes, please. I would love more info. That is at least half of the price of the couple that I have found.
mfl*s queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017   #34 (permalink)
life=playa
 
claudiadeplaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Playa I ♥ playa
Posts: 984
Send a message via MSN to claudiadeplaya Send a message via Skype™ to claudiadeplaya
graciasplaya

I do the bookings for airbnb guests and split commission with the owners, and for NGO´s here that get 50% of the commission when there is one =)
I work with wholesalers and almost every tour company, offering the same prices you would find online or cheaper, the only thing I don´t sell is swimming with dolphins.

my website is graciasplaya – Enjoy Playa del Carmen!

phone and WhatsApp is 5219841578842

e mail graciasplaya@gmail.com
claudiadeplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017   #35 (permalink)
añejo
 
WaterRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 2,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiadeplaya View Post
I do the bookings for airbnb guests and split commission with the owners, and for NGO´s here that get 50% of the commission when there is one =)
I work with wholesalers and almost every tour company, offering the same prices you would find online or cheaper, the only thing I don´t sell is swimming with dolphins.

my website is graciasplaya – Enjoy Playa del Carmen!

phone and WhatsApp is 5219841578842

e mail graciasplaya@gmail.com
Yay!!!!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017   #36 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central Alberta Canada
Posts: 285
I did the Isla trip in Dec. Best meal and worst snokel trip. Crowed, busy follow the leader snorting. The cat ride was great.
MsNSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017   #37 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
VidaPlaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
H2oh

We did the Public tour with H2oH out of Puerto Aventuras and loved it. Great day out on the water with fellow guests. They have a helpful crew and they cook a meal on board that includes the catch of that day with tasty Mexican side dishes. They offer unlimited good quality beer and spirits during the tour with music. Snorkeling time is included which we did not participate in but the area they take you to was calm.
VidaPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017   #38 (permalink)
into ruins
 
wheezie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Middle of the Country
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiadeplaya View Post
My friends just did the Isla Mujeres catamaran cruise they really loved it, it costs 55 USD per person but includes roundtrip transportation from Playa
Isla Mujeres Snorkeling tour
Includes Round trip transportation
Snorkeling at the reef
Cat shark visit
Open bar on board, spinaker
Lunch Buffet and drinks
Free time at the beachclub
Shopping time Isla Mujeres


We stayed on Isla a couple years ago and we were at the beach club next to the Cat shark cage. Talk about a sad situation for that shark. At least the Dolphin's get a larger area to swim.
wheezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017   #39 (permalink)
añejo
 
WaterRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 2,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezie View Post
We stayed on Isla a couple years ago and we were at the beach club next to the Cat shark cage. Talk about a sad situation for that shark. At least the Dolphin's get a larger area to swim.

The average life span of wild dolphins is 45 years; yet half of all captured dolphins die within their first two years of captivity. The survivors last an average of only 5 years in captivity. Additionally, 53% of dolphins die within 90 days of capture.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017   #40 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
crmoores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Finger Lakes & Playa!
Posts: 362
We're early 60's and booking either h2o or local quickies when friends visit us in Sept. Both are great but different.

[EDIT] Claudia I just saw your post and I'll contact you too, thanks! We did a snorkel sail out of Puerto Juarez when stayin in Cancun with snorkeling off IM and 4 hours on Isla Mujeres before the sail back. Nice day for friends who hadn't been there yet.

Last edited by crmoores; 06-06-2017 at 07:29 PM..
crmoores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017   #41 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
VidaPlaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
crmoores if I'm not mistaken they have picture gallery on their site of various days out on the water. They may help you in your decision.
VidaPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017   #42 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
crmoores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Finger Lakes & Playa!
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by VidaPlaya View Post
crmoores if I'm not mistaken they have picture gallery on their site of various days out on the water. They may help you in your decision.
Yes both look great! LQ includes other options that make it an interesting day for first-time visitors so that's at the top of the list.
We'll be living there in January and we will just have to take the others then - rough life!
crmoores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017   #43 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
crmoores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Finger Lakes & Playa!
Posts: 362
We've seen several cats and monohulls taking groups out of Maroma near the Dolphin Discovery place. I'm told these are all owned by one outfit, not sure. Anyone have info on these as daysail options? Much closer to our place north of Playa...

Last edited by crmoores; 06-06-2017 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: Typo
crmoores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017   #44 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
VidaPlaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmoores View Post
Yes both look great! LQ includes other options that make it an interesting day for first-time visitors so that's at the top of the list.
We'll be living there in January and we will just have to take the others then - rough life!
Just checked out the LQ site and it looks like a lot of fun with a lot of choices. I think it will be on our list of things to do for our next trip in Aug. Best wishes in your "rough life" new chapter in Jan. Still a bit away but it's in the works for us as well.
VidaPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017   #45 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
crmoores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Finger Lakes & Playa!
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by VidaPlaya View Post
Just checked out the LQ site and it looks like a lot of fun with a lot of choices. I think it will be on our list of things to do for our next trip in Aug. Best wishes in your "rough life" new chapter in Jan. Still a bit away but it's in the works for us as well.
Thanks (Gracias)! And enjoy your planning!
crmoores is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.