Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Off Topic Stuff > General Off-Topic Stuff
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2016   #61 (permalink)
beach geek
admin
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 10 year Playa resident lost in Sweden
Posts: 12,966
https://streamable.com/g049
__________________
Get your own signature countdown image!

james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016   #62 (permalink)
aņejo
 
horizon200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,689
And now, the Vikes lose their QB to a knee injury! No contact, to boot
horizon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016   #63 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 11,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon200 View Post
And now, the Vikes lose their QB to a knee injury! No contact, to boot
I really don'the care much about the Vikings, but I really feel sorry for Teddy. He seems like a really great kid.
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016   #64 (permalink)
aņejo
 
horizon200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnbruce View Post
i really don'the care much about the vikings, but i really feel sorry for teddy. He seems like a really great kid.
blasphemer!!


:d
horizon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016   #65 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 11,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon200 View Post
blasphemer!!


:d
Yep, that's me!
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #66 (permalink)
aņejo
 
horizon200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnbruce View Post
Yep, that's me!


I'm hearing he's out for the season with a torn ACL. Shame, he's a likeable kid. Calm, quiet...just goes about his business. We need more like that.
horizon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #67 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,193
Just made the Packers a lock to win the division.
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #68 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilG View Post
Just made the Packers a lock to win the division.
Local report this morning said Bridgewater has a complete tear of the ACL, other structural damage and a dislocated knee.
How the heck do you do all that dropping back for a pass?
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #69 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 11,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon200 View Post


I'm hearing he's out for the season with a torn ACL. Shame, he's a likeable kid. Calm, quiet...just goes about his business. We need more like that.
Yep.

People here were extremely optimistic about the upcoming season as usual, but with the new stadium, even more than usual. This was an important year for Teddy to show he was their long term solution to their decades of QB problems. He has not been awesome but he has not been the type of QB that will make big mistakes that lose the team games. I wish him luck and hope he makes a complete recovery.

As far as the team? That defense will have to be the best in the league for them to have a successful season.
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #70 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnbruce View Post
Yep.

People here were extremely optimistic about the upcoming season as usual, but with the new stadium, even more than usual. This was an important year for Teddy to show he was their long term solution to their decades of QB problems. He has not been awesome but he has not been the type of QB that will make big mistakes that lose the team games. I wish him luck and hope he makes a complete recovery.

As far as the team? That defense will have to be the best in the league for them to have a successful season.


"I really don'the care much about the Vikings, "
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #71 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 11,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilG View Post
"I really don'the care much about the Vikings, "
That's exactly what I meant. What I posted is well known and not something you have to be a dedicated fan to know. I might have the tv on to the game if I am home but will not sit in front of the TV to watch most of the game. Probably twice over the last 4 years have watched a full game. Sports is just not at all important to me anymore, so I would rather go to a film or do something outside instead of sitting in front of the tv.

I did not renew my season tickets to the Twins this year because I just did not feel like going to many, if any games any more. That was when people thought the team would be decent, not the worst team in baseball.
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016   #72 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Skiptown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where the Columbia and Snake Meet
Posts: 5,472
Seahawks vs Raiders. Gonna whip them so bad that Al Davis flips over!
Skiptown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016   #73 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 11,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiptown View Post
Seahawks vs Raiders. Gonna whip them so bad that Al Davis flips over!
Will this prediction turn out better than your Seahawks -Vikings prediction?
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016   #74 (permalink)
aņejo
 
CalifGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 5,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon200 View Post
Did anyone see the Achilles injury to Brandon Oliver for San Diego?

Nasty looking! When the tendon went, you could see his calf muscle shiver like Jello!
High school teams around here are starting to feel the pinch, not so many kids are willing to lose their potential cognitive powers for a chance at the prom queen. I suspect the NFL will be hard pressed for top notch athletes 15-20 years down the road.

My suggestion to the NFL, 5 years and out, give a big up front contract, set them up for life and then kick em out after five years, otherwise the concussion/brain damage suits will eventually sink the NFL.
CalifGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016   #75 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Harold-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodinville WA
Posts: 2,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifGuy View Post
High school teams around here are starting to feel the pinch, not so many kids are willing to lose their potential cognitive powers for a chance at the prom queen. I suspect the NFL will be hard pressed for top notch athletes 15-20 years down the road.

My suggestion to the NFL, 5 years and out, give a big up front contract, set them up for life and then kick em out after five years, otherwise the concussion/brain damage suits will eventually sink the NFL.
I don't think that will work, there will always be people playing violent sports of one kind or another, you don't even have to pay them, it's in our DNA.
Harold-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.