Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2017   #181 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,243
tuesday, 4th of july:
Another excuse to make another great party ... tomorrow tuesday,
we will donate in alive 10% of what we sell in the day to support our friends !!!!!
Please SHARE WITH ALL !!!!!!!! Help us to make it real !!!!!!!

if you can´t make it to ALIVE tomorrow - open 3 pm to 2 am - maybe you´d like to
follow this link:

https://www.gofundme.com/pg9gj5-keep-us-alive
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017   #182 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,243
tuesday, 4th of july:
Another excuse to make another great party ... tomorrow tuesday,
we will donate in alive 10% of what we sell in the day to support our friends !!!!!
Please SHARE WITH ALL !!!!!!!! Help us to make it real !!!!!!!


https://www.facebook.com/alivebarpla...nf&pnref=story

if you can´t make it to ALIVE
corner of 8th street & 15th avenue
tomorrow - open 3 pm to 2 am - maybe you´d like to
follow this link:

https://www.gofundme.com/pg9gj5-keep-us-alive

Last edited by bruce sundance; 07-03-2017 at 08:34 PM..
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017   #183 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,506
Done.



Not sure what's going on with the water "rights" though. Maybe someone local can explain me.
loomis41973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017   #184 (permalink)
añejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by loomis41973 View Post
Done.



Not sure what's going on with the water "rights" though. Maybe someone local can explain me.
There is no city water there but there is a well.
To use the well they have to have a permit.
They arranged and paid for the permit which (to the best of my knowledge) has to be renewed annually.
Through a liaison these payments and/or renewals were not being properly handled - much to the surprise of PAR.
A new state/local administration comes in and we know the rest of the story.
That's the way I understand it.
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017   #185 (permalink)
añejo
 
himynameisjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 2,924
Send a message via Yahoo to himynameisjan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
There is no city water there but there is a well.
To use the well they have to have a permit.
They arranged and paid for the permit which (to the best of my knowledge) has to be renewed annually.
Through a liaison these payments and/or renewals were not being properly handled - much to the surprise of PAR.
A new state/local administration comes in and we know the rest of the story.
That's the way I understand it.
Close, but not 100% accurate. All payments were made, and we have a well permit for 10 years. We hired an expert consultant to do all water testing and reporting to the Federal Water Authority, Conagua. Our expert consultant screwed it all up. The only part he got right was accepting his pay.
himynameisjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017   #186 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,243
today´s reminder:
join the party this afternoon / evening:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce sundance View Post
tuesday, 4th of july:
Another excuse to make another great party ... tomorrow tuesday,
we will donate in alive 10% of what we sell in the day to support our friends !!!!!
Please SHARE WITH ALL !!!!!!!! Help us to make it real !!!!!!!


https://www.facebook.com/alivebarpla...nf&pnref=story

if you can´t make it to ALIVE
corner of 8th street & 15th avenue
tomorrow - open 3 pm to 2 am - maybe you´d like to
follow this link:

https://www.gofundme.com/pg9gj5-keep-us-alive
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017   #187 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,243
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FRIDAY, july 07th at ALIVE:
Another excuse to make another great party .... tomorrow friday, we will donate in alive 10% of what we sell in the day to support our friends !!!!!
Please SHARE WITH ALL!!!!!!!! Help us to make it real !!!!!!!


https://www.facebook.com/alivebarpla...nf&pnref=story

if you can´t make it to ALIVE
corner of 8th street & 15th avenue
tomorrow - open 3 pm to 2 am - maybe you´d like to
follow this link:

https://www.gofundme.com/pg9gj5-keep-us-alive
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017   #188 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
crmoores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Finger Lakes & Playa!
Posts: 380
Funny, after following this thread for months we stopped by last Thursday evening around 8PM planning to stop for drinks and there were 4 people at the bar including the bartender. Sing-along with Sonny & Cher or someone and we just decided to head elsewhere. It was closed another night when we came by around 10PM to see if there was more going on.
Bad timing I guess!
crmoores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017   #189 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmoores View Post
Funny, after following this thread for months we stopped by last Thursday evening around 8PM planning to stop for drinks and there were 4 people at the bar including the bartender. Sing-along with Sonny & Cher or someone and we just decided to head elsewhere. It was closed another night when we came by around 10PM to see if there was more going on.
Bad timing I guess!
maybe bad timing.
the bar is closed on mondays as stated in first post.

some say: 3 is a crowd. it´s slow season.
it´s a relatively small bar, so with 20 people in the front section
you have a full house aka bar.

I will post this separately on saturday again,
but here´s your advance notice:
from saturday onward
new opening hours will be 6 pm - 2 am for now.
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017   #190 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
crmoores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Finger Lakes & Playa!
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce sundance View Post
maybe bad timing.
the bar is closed on mondays as stated in first post.

some say: 3 is a crowd. it´s slow season.
it´s a relatively small bar, so with 20 people in the front section
you have a full house aka bar.

I will post this separately on saturday again,
but here´s your advance notice:
from saturday onward
new opening hours will be 6 pm - 2 am for now.

We like small groups versus the big loud groups we were reading about. It's just that the few that were there had a big head start on us and we were looking for something different. We'll hit it again I'm sure!
crmoores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017   #191 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmoores View Post
We like small groups versus the big loud groups we were reading about. It's just that the few that were there had a big head start on us and we were looking for something different. We'll hit it again I'm sure!
haha, I hear you.
there is the early birds who start the party in daylight
& then there's the late(r) arrivals,
who may not hit the bar before maybe 9.30 to 10 pm.
you ran into the first group around 8 pm, tough to catch up.
I wouldn't succeed.
friday early evening the horseshoe player arrive by sunset
from the beach.
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017   #192 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
crmoores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Finger Lakes & Playa!
Posts: 380
Yeah! Glad it's there, we'll be the "early birds" before you know it!
crmoores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017   #193 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,243
PAR event today at ALIVE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

REMINDER!!!!


FRIDAY, july 07th at ALIVE:
Another excuse to make another great party .... tomorrow friday, we will donate in alive 10% of what we sell in the day to support our friends !!!!!
Please SHARE WITH ALL!!!!!!!! Help us to make it real !!!!!!!


https://www.facebook.com/alivebarpla...nf&pnref=story

if you can´t make it to ALIVE
corner of 8th street & 15th avenue
tomorrow - open 3 pm to 2 am - maybe you´d like to
follow this link:

https://www.gofundme.com/pg9gj5-keep-us-alive
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017   #194 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,243
++++++++++++++++++++++++

new opening hours for now:

6 pm - 2 am.

closed on mondays.

have a good sunday everybody.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited by bruce sundance; 07-09-2017 at 06:50 PM..
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017   #195 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,243
this friday mexico celebrates - so do we!!!!

WE GONNA MAKE MEXICAN NIGHT AT ALIVE ⭐️������ ❤️����������������
FRIDAY 6:30 PM ...!!!!
you´re gonna try a really AWESOME " THE REAL MEXICAN POZOLE "... !!!!!! AJUUUUUUUAAAAAA YEPA YEPAAAA YEPAAAA !!!!!
80 PESOS AND IT INCLUDES ... TOSTADAS MEXICANAS AND GUACAMOLE WITH CHICHARRON ....
obviously we can not miss the TEQUILA SHOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....
Come and shout with us ....... VIVA MÉXICO CABRONES !!!!!!!
MEXICO NEED TO BE ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!! ����❤️
ALIVERS �� ... This night we gonna close at 12 AM .... !!!!!!


https://www.facebook.com/alivebarpla...UGun88&fref=nf
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.