Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2016   #31 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,239
now i have a question, some of you will know the answer.
if you go some bar in playa for happy hour
and the deal is 2 for 1,
can you order one for yourself and one for your partner and still get that deal
or would both of you have to order the 2 for 1 individually -
meaning drinking four paying for 2?
just curious, I have never been in the situation.
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016   #32 (permalink)
Me2
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
60 pesos for a mixed drink is a good price.
Under $3 US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce sundance View Post
I havenīt been there for happy hour,
so i donīt know.
the information in the first post was given to me more than a week ago,
might have changed.
the beer discount would be a change already.
but you should ask your server, if you think you are paying more than
you think you should, they wonīt hold it against you.
itīs a new place, nothing runs perfect from the get go.
they are good people, might have been an honest mistake,
they know better than to rip somebody off.
Like I said no problem! I didn't say anything about a rip off . I paid the bill thats all ... no questions asked about prices before or after. just wondering... I am Canadian so U$ don't mean much to me, i"m comparing pesos to pesos.
Loved the place, talked to ale, and we had great service from our server and a good time , love ale and told her we will be back , and we will go back... and we will even at 60 pesos! I wish them all the best, sometimes some people don't always get what other do (here) that's all. I wish them all the best.
Me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016   #33 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
Like I said no problem! I didn't say anything about a rip off . I paid the bill thats all ... no questions asked about prices before or after. just wondering... I am Canadian so U$ don't mean much to me, i"m comparing pesos to pesos.
Loved the place, talked to ale, and we had great service from our server and a good time , love ale and told her we will be back , and we will go back... and we will even at 60 pesos! I wish them all the best, sometimes some people don't always get what other do (here) that's all. I wish them all the best.
grand. happy to hear this.
wishing you a great weekend.
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016   #34 (permalink)
Sue
aņejo
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 18,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce sundance View Post
now i have a question, some of you will know the answer.
if you go some bar in playa for happy hour
and the deal is 2 for 1,
can you order one for yourself and one for your partner and still get that deal
or would both of you have to order the 2 for 1 individually -
meaning drinking four paying for 2?
just curious, I have never been in the situation.
Usually a reasonable server will let you share two for ones if you are ordering on the same tab.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016   #35 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Usually a reasonable server will let you share two for ones if you are ordering on the same tab.
thank you, sue.
I wasnīt sure how itīs handled.
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016   #36 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by loomis41973 View Post
Thank you sir.
well, you are a true trooper. .....

update officially,

smirnoff
barcadi blanco
j & b
centenario

all 50 pesos at happy hour 7 to 9 pm.
beer 25 pesos

bar closed on mondays for now, open all week soon.
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016   #37 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce sundance View Post
now i have a question, some of you will know the answer.
if you go some bar in playa for happy hour
and the deal is 2 for 1,
can you order one for yourself and one for your partner and still get that deal
or would both of you have to order the 2 for 1 individually -
meaning drinking four paying for 2?
just curious, I have never been in the situation.
im not sure why they just mark the price down a bit for happy hour, its so much easier for everyone to keep track of
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016   #38 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central Alberta Canada
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce sundance View Post
well, you are a true trooper. .....

update officially,

smirnoff
barcadi blanco
j & b
centenario

all 50 pesos at happy hour 7 to 9 pm.
beer 25 pesos

bar closed on mondays for now, open all week soon.
Right I was there last Monday and it was closed alright! I had a great time! Lol. I will take a walk tonight just to see if they are open or closed.
MsNSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016   #39 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNSol View Post
Right I was there last Monday and it was closed alright! I had a great time! Lol. I will take a walk tonight just to see if they are open or closed.
I know, haha.
they were every single one worn out,
they can use an extra 12 hours sleep.
I highly doubt they will open today.
never say never.
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016   #40 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central Alberta Canada
Posts: 298
Closed they are.....frankly even I needed a day off!
MsNSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016   #41 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNSol View Post
Closed they are.....frankly even I needed a day off!
so did I, I went out for 2 hours but low key.
ale said late last night, somehow the hours sneaked up on us again,
she will stay closed on mondays for the next few weeks
to reload her and the teamīs battery and get things ready for high season.
itīs the right thing to do and monday is the right day to close.
manneīs is closed on tuesday so i have a full 2 nights off for the next 4 weeks
before the circus comes to town.
see you out there thursday night. say hello to laura and brent, if you should go to luna blue tuesday night.
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016   #42 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Murrsay185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce sundance View Post
so did I, I went out for 2 hours but low key.
ale said late last night, somehow the hours sneaked up on us again,
she will stay closed on mondays for the next few weeks
to reload her and the teamīs battery and get things ready for high season.
itīs the right thing to do and monday is the right day to close.
manneīs is closed on tuesday so i have a full 2 nights off for the next 4 weeks
before the circus comes to town.
see you out there thursday night. say hello to laura and brent, if you should go to luna blue tuesday night.
Circus......really?
Murrsay185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016   #43 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrsay185 View Post
Circus......really?
well, you are part of it,
this season your part is to tame wild women,
no cages.
havenīt seen laura and brent yet.
saw crystal and neil with friends at ALIVE last sunday
after manneīs.
howīs your vacation down south going so far?
did you hit oil aka beer?
my best to heather,
see you in enero = january.
safe travels.
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016   #44 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Murrsay185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 1,959
Just off the boat and a week of vast quantities of Miller MGD. Go figure. Imperial Lite for the next few days then further south to a new beer. Sure is hot here!!!!
Murrsay185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016   #45 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrsay185 View Post
Just off the boat and a week of vast quantities of Miller MGD. Go figure. Imperial Lite for the next few days then further south to a new beer. Sure is hot here!!!!
you are like a hurricane,
donīt get blown away.

party at ALIVE tonight. teo was seen twice in 48 hours, new record?
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.